17 replies to this topic

#1 GravePrometheus

GravePrometheus

Just a guy.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:51 PM

I haven't been on here in forever. Is anybody I know still active on here? Other than that, how's it going guys? New forum design is interesting.

P.S. How do I get rid of the "Black Templar" under my name?

• Fuzzy and One more space marine like this

graveprometheus.jpg

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

I haven't been on here in forever. Is anybody I know still active on here? Other than that, how's it going guys? New forum design is interesting.

P.S. How do I get rid of the "Black Templar" under my name?

Welcome back

PS: It'll be gone automatically tomorrow, lucky timing on your part

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:40 PM

To be honest I cant remember at all who you are XD

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:55 PM

Neither can I, though from the Black Templar banner I'd guess you're from before my time.

So... welcome back. I think.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#5 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:47 AM

Damn grave, I thought you'd disappeared!

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#6 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:49 AM

Prometheus YOU'RE ALIVEEEEEEEEEE! .........HAI 

Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#7 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

Prometheus!!! Welcome back pal! Where ya been? 

Posted Image

#8 GravePrometheus

GravePrometheus

Just a guy.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

To be honest I cant remember at all who you are XD

Haha, that's okay. I don't think we had much, if any, interaction.

Thanks Crucias, Authrix, and Chewy, for the welcome backs.

I pretty much had disappeared. I forgot what my password was to the forums a long time ago, and never bothered to reset it. I still log on to Live every now and then, but I've been gaming on the PC a lot more lately. On that note, any of you have Blade Symphony, Killing Floor, Warframe or Planetary Annihilation? Or play Halo PC?

Am I, Nosk? Am I really?

• J NOSK36 likes this

graveprometheus.jpg

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:29 PM

Planetarty Annihilation - Check

Don't play often though, the lack of balance is off-putting. Will play more when they add things to counter artillery spam etc etc

cruSig2.jpg

#10 GravePrometheus

GravePrometheus

Just a guy.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:14 AM

Planetarty Annihilation - Check

Don't play often though, the lack of balance is off-putting. Will play more when they add things to counter artillery spam etc etc

I don't play often either, but in my case, it's because I don't have good friends to play it with. That, and I'm set on beating the AI before I try to play real people who will be much better than me.

Sorry if this counts as a necro post?

graveprometheus.jpg

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:16 AM

I don't play often either, but in my case, it's because I don't have good friends to play it with. That, and I'm set on beating the AI before I try to play real people who will be much better than me.

Sorry if this counts as a necro post?

Nope 2 weeks for necro ^^

The game is basically mega-rushing in PVP because there's not enough balance yet

cruSig2.jpg

#12 GravePrometheus

GravePrometheus

Just a guy.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:53 AM

Nope 2 weeks for necro ^^

The game is basically mega-rushing in PVP because there's not enough balance yet

Ah, okay. Thanks for the info on necros.

That sucks. I'm no good at that kind of strategy. The only thing I've ever been able to manage in RTS games is to turtle until I have a sufficient force built up or a superweapon. You seem pretty knowledgeable about RTSs. You mentioned artillery spam, is there anything else that's unbalanced?

Edited by GravePrometheus, 10 February 2014 - 02:53 AM.

graveprometheus.jpg

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:38 AM

You mentioned artillery spam, is there anything else that's unbalanced?

• Orbital laser platform
  • Orbital units
    • There's an anti-orbital gun emplacement (giant boob nipple gun) but it cannot automatically fire like other turrets, and manually targetting it is a bastard
    • Noticing orbital units is almost impossible until you start taking fire, even then it takes while to realise where from
  • Mega-Artillery
    • The shots do ridiculous AoE damage and can wipe out a base in minutes, they insta-gib almost anything
  • Nukes
    • It's like the fucking Soviet Union in this game, you can build as many Nuke silos as you want and fire them in rapid succession - you only need 1 to get through, so fire like 20 and overwhelm the anti-nuke defences
  • Commander Planet Movement
    • The only way to move between planets is the one carrier ship
      • It's weak as hell
      • Has no defences
      • If it dies with your Commander in it game over
  • Turrets
    • Base turrets do a lot of damage because you can have a lot of units. However you can build so many close together that it's easy to make your base impenetrable without first building artillery
  • Base spawning
    • There's no code to prevent players spawning adjacent to each other so you can end up starting WITHIN artillery range of each other

It's an awesome game, but it needs another 6 months or so to get to playable standard. Right now 'he who rushes first' usually wins

cruSig2.jpg

#14 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:07 AM

Hmm. Sounds like a very interesting game.

As for people still being alive, do you play either World of Tanks or League of legends? people are quite active in both. 

Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#15 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

I play a game called Nether. It's pretty appealing too me. Also, welcome back! If you still play Space Marine.. 1v1? ;) 

Posted Image

#16 GravePrometheus

GravePrometheus

Just a guy.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

I play a game called Nether. It's pretty appealing too me. Also, welcome back! If you still play Space Marine.. 1v1? ;)

I've looked into Nether, my friend and I were thinking about picking it up. It sounds really interesting but a lot of reviews led me to believe it was flawed in a few ways. The biggest one was rampant player killing, it seemed. Doesn't sound like a lot of fun if nobody is working together, forming teams and whatnot.
I'm always up for one versus ones, even if I'm not active anymore. Not sure if I'd be much of a challenge, depending on how rusty I am. Let me know when you're available and I'll do likewise. I'm pretty sporadic these days, so it may take a while.

Pilot, Planetary Annihilation is extremely interesting. The premise is wonderful, and I loved the game it's a spiritual successor of dearly (Total Annihilation). But no, I don't play World of Tanks or League of Legend. I've thought about it, but they're not really my style. Or that's what I'm led to believe from what little I've seen, at least.

Hmmm. I haven't really managed to get to the orbital level yet, so I haven't seen that for myself. The computer keeps hitting me with nukes when I'm finally around that level of tech and resources. Granted, that's only like two games but it takes me a while to get there since I don't expand much. And probably have poor economy management skills. After the first game that I got hit with a nuke, I built the anti-nuke defense. Then I think I started getting hit by that mega-artillery you mentioned, because I couldn't figure out what was hitting my base or how to defend against it. I can definitely see what you mean, though.

Now, with base turrets, do you mean the missile ones that the commander can build? Or do you mean "base" as in "your base of operations" and not like "base/lowest element"?
I personally think it would be pretty neat if the opposing players could spawn on different worlds. But I might just think that since I want to build in peace until I'm ready, haha.

graveprometheus.jpg

#17 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

Actually economy is always my greatest strength, I am very good at expanding and locking down what I need early. My advice is build your initial 4-6 metal mining things, then build a ton of generators. Your aim is to get the advanced air constructor as fast as possible and get an advanced generator and advanced metal mines up; you can hold the shift button and queue buildings to be built, so use this to queue as many metal nodes for advanced mines as you can and then let it go on it's way. 

Remember each builder takes power to build something, if you're exceeding your energy income and depleted your reserves deactivate your builders (right click anywhere but what they're building) one by one. The game punishes impatient people

cruSig2.jpg

#18 GravePrometheus

GravePrometheus

Just a guy.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:07 AM

Actually economy is always my greatest strength, I am very good at expanding and locking down what I need early. My advice is build your initial 4-6 metal mining things, then build a ton of generators. Your aim is to get the advanced air constructor as fast as possible and get an advanced generator and advanced metal mines up; you can hold the shift button and queue buildings to be built, so use this to queue as many metal nodes for advanced mines as you can and then let it go on it's way. 

Remember each builder takes power to build something, if you're exceeding your energy income and depleted your reserves deactivate your builders (right click anywhere but what they're building) one by one. The game punishes impatient people

Shifting to queue builds is the same as in Total Annihilation, so I've been doing that. I usually use bots or vehicles though, not air. Would you say air is superior? My initial strat to get my economy going is to build one generator then something like two extractors, and alternate until my commander's building drain isn't pulling my numbers down. I don't think I get around to building a unit factory soon enough because of that? I'm not really sure where my flaws are, haha. Good advice though, thank you. Certain buildings also take energy (I think radars do this), so I've deactivated the ones I didn't think were necessary at the moment in previous games.

graveprometheus.jpg

Change Theme!