57 replies to this topic

#21 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Well people say they look bad for the landscape and apparently birds fly into them. Personally I don't mind them. I think near an old Airfield near where I live they are going to build a Solar Power Plant. Don't know why its Britain and the Sun rarely shows its face...

I love England and Britain not always the Government. Its been the same probably since the Parliament was first created, that it isn't the current Government's fault for how fucked up things are its the last government and we've done well trying to fix it which is the same reason as the last one and the one before that and before that and so on. Governments just need to accept their own responsibility and stop blaming others. Especially when it is actually their fault...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#22 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:34 AM

Personally I'd laugh my ass off if I saw a bird fly into one. Maybe I'm just sick though...
  • JC 042 likes this

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#23 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:08 PM

Well it does sound pretty funny to see that. Although if I said to someone you pay an extortionate energy bill or we can build these Wind turbines out in the country where no one really lives so they don't bother anyone unless people go off looking for them to complain, I think most people would want the Wind turbines being constructed.

Although the Energy Companies are becoming real dick recently. All of them raising his prices at the same time so you don't really get any difference in prices >=/

Still they do say Britain is going to become in a deep freeze apparently. The very cold weather in parts of the US is apparently going to come over here. Who knows might be bullshit. They did say there was going to be freezing temperatures over Christmas. I didn't see any snow or hail. Weatherman lied to me!

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#24 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 01:21 PM

It was hilarious when Achievement Hunter did a Let's Play called Splat X in GTA5, basically they all got wanted levels and ran into a wind farm and watched as dozens of helicopters got swatted out of the sky XD

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#25 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:04 PM

Why didn't we building thousands of them covering the South East of England the Luftwaffe would never expect wind turbines and we could use them in the future in case someone decides that invading Britain is a good idea =P

#26 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

Swat jet planes out the sky with GIANT wind turbines :D

Posted Image

#27 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:36 PM

I think it will look fucking awesome. Unlikely to work but British ingenuity will make it work!

#28 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Why does that remind me of this?

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=-OYNbrUxr0A
  • dx144 and Authrix like this

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#29 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Sums up Britain! =D

#30 XSiKx SpEcTeRx98

XSiKx SpEcTeRx98

Cute Honour guard

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

4) The countryside. Now being a country boy and having grown up surrounded by the farmlands and fields of Yorkshire, I absolutely adore the countryside and fresh air of England.

yep nothing's better than waking up in the morning and smelling all the horse shit.

.tumblr_myhgdfrJUy1t12ipko1_500.png

#31 XSiKx SpEcTeRx98

XSiKx SpEcTeRx98

Cute Honour guard

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

Ah England my mother land where should one begin?Now I'm not entirely sure about you guys up North but here in Norfolk we have some wonderful,wonderful beaches,now they aren't anything like America,but they do,more Importantly it is a blessing to have one as more or less a back garden.Our history is one of legends first the Romans came and made life wonderful (before running quicker than a man being told he made that chick from the night club two weeks ago pregnant)Then the vikings came and messed all those lovely buildings up,time skip a fair amount of centurys and BOOM we own a quarter of the world,not that that lasted long,and now we are here,without a care in the world.

Then we have what Al Murray called "British Thinking" in other words we take two things from another country mix 'em up and ta-daaa a British Idea!

.tumblr_myhgdfrJUy1t12ipko1_500.png

#32 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:17 PM

Well the Romans created Lincoln so if it wasn't for them Lincolnshire probably wouldn't exist and if it did it wouldn't be called Lincolnshire =P

#33 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

Okay, lets kick start this thread into activity again!

Enough about windmills and Britts. Though I must give it to you Englishmen, you really are a patriotic bunch.

Food for thought:

England means Land of Meadows in Swedish. 

And now for some kick ass history lesson about Sweden!

Between the years of 1700 and 1721, Sweden fought alone against the most powerful coalition that Europe had ever seen. Russia, Poland-Lithuania, Saxony, Denmark-Norway, Prussia and Great Britain all cooperated to bring down the Swedish Empire.

They succeeded... to a terrible price!

With the strongest army in Europe, Sweden invaded Russia and from Narva to Poltava countless of people were killed on both sides. It would take until 1721, when Sweden had been without its king for 3 years, before the coalition could call themselves victors. Sweden had lost its great power era, but the memory of 100,000 Swedes that sacrificed their lives to the enemy, the cold, the hunger and the diseases, live on today. 100,000 lives... willingly sacrificed for a single goal... to protect the Swedish Empire!

Posted Image

#34 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Well England is filled with a large amount of countryside which if the politicians had their way would see it as another land all together. Especially with recent events with flooding. EG Hull has been flooded for a few months with little support compared but when the Thames river flooded a bit ago David Cameron said money is no issue. Really does make me think the North-South divide still exists...

Although I do like just researching various parts of British history. Any part of recorded British history is interesting. Even now its going through some fun changes with the European Union and how Scotland is attempting to leave Britain. Nothing like that has really hit Britain for a while. I imagine Britain will leave the European Union as the President of the European Union has said we can't negotiate and have a rule for one and a rule for another... I imagine we're in for some fun times in the near future...

#35 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

I wasn't even aware you had a Swedish Empire oO

I think Scotland leaving the UK will be amazing for Scotland and cataclysmic for England. 75% of all UK resources are based in Scottish territory (gas, coal, oil, precious metals, fresh water); and with the numpties in parliament saying we cannot keep the pound we get to leave without taking any of the UK governments debt with us. Fresh start with all the resources we can tax the hell out of; on the other hand England will crumple economically and default on its debt. 

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#36 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

I'd prefer to see Britain stay together. If they want to leave then we can't really force Scotland to be a part of Britain. I mean we could use a more forceful way like in Spain dealing with Catalonia that has happened where they had or are going to have another referendum but the Government still just says that the referendum doesn't matter. 

The only real issue there will be for Scotland is what their relationship with the neighbours (Northern Ireland, England, Wales and Republic of Ireland) will be and what their relationship with the European Union will be. I do know some parts of England would prefer to see Scotland go for some reason. We are probably stronger together than if we all went our separate ways. =/

#37 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:45 PM

If there wasn't that crippling debt factor then leaving the UK wouldn't make much of a difference. People will whine about projecting military power, but that doesn't actually matter in the modern world. The UK government has systematically fucked over Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales so if the union broke up I believe those three nations would thrive.

I don't believe this referendum will succeed because the Scottish parliment hasn't outlined their vision clearly enough.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#38 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

The UK government has systematically fucked over Scotland, N. Ireland and Wales 

It's what we're good at it :D

• Fuzzy likes this

Posted Image

#39 Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

Veteran

• Premium Member
  • 1,202 posts
  • Xbox Live:Archmage Talos
  • PSN:Morgoth1100
  • Social Groups:Raven Guard

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:35 AM

Even though i'm from England; Scotland and Sweden sound awesome.

Edited by Talos Valcoran, 21 February 2014 - 04:26 AM.

If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Yaeger (Attack on Titan)

#40 Iron K

Iron K

A Berserker's Soul in a Pacifist's Body!

• Premium Member
  • 1,833 posts
  • Xbox Live:Iron K

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:35 AM

Wow, now that is the greatest praise a country can get. Talos Valcoran calling them "Awesome".  :D

• Talos Valcoran likes this

Posted Image

Change Theme!