16 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:51 AM

I was thinking about what's happening on Eternal Crusade, with trolls, harrasment and so forth and I've realised that a member of this community could easily join in with that over there with no fear of consequence or retribution so how's this for an idea:

If a member of this site intentionally causes grief for other members of this community over on Eternal Crusade they should be punished here.

The mods over on EC are happy to sit with their thumbs shoved firmly up their behinds and do nothing and I personally think that if a member of this community feels they can pull that shit over there and then come back on here like nothing happened they should have another thing coming.

Its just a loophole people will use to attack and troll other members they don't like and I think that this particular loophole should be closed tight.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 03:34 AM

That's a slippery slope, but we've had to do it before. You may recall that Dern was banned for his conduct here, but also behind peoples backs on XBL.

If the person is doing something serious enough to harm the community, or is doing something so foul like the current EC based Sexual Harassment of a certain xDAx member by a departed SM Clan then yes their ass should be cast out and shunned by all.

We can't really do anything to people in regards to other sites and ingame, and it's not our job to clean their communities/websites up anyway. What we can do is ensure that such individuals cannot hard OUR community here on this site. GC takes issues affecting this community seriously, so if you have a case with hard evidence then by all means contact one of us (I suggest JC because he does bugger all work and needs to pull his weight :P ). We certainly intend to be more lenient with GWRS 2.0 up until a point, and then be much much harsher - less time spent debating, more action. Not sure how we'll balance speed with efficiency (not banning people wrongly) yet, but we'll figure it out soon enough.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:00 AM

That's good to hear and kinda what I mean, for example if those responsible for the aforementioned sexual harassment were still a part of this community I think they should be chastised and outright banned because the EC mods do fuck all so there's no form of deterrent on their end.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

That's good to hear and kinda what I mean, for example if those responsible for the aforementioned sexual harassment were still a part of this community I think they should be chastised and outright banned because the EC mods do fuck all so there's no form of deterrent on their end.

Yeah, I intend to have a word with the EC mod staff at some point because those forums are vile at the moment. I've no interest in doing it for them though, I'm busy enough as it is. I'm also interested in the outcome of some of the harassment complaints, those things can lead to the EC Company being sued ya see, so change is likely to come of them.

cruSig2.jpg

#5 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:31 AM

I think one of the guys responsible (don't even need to mention the name, should be obvious) got a 1 day ban for it. 1 day. Now, the way I was raised was to think that you should never harm or harass a woman be it physically, emotionally or otherwise so my opinion may be biased but the shit I saw posted on there, for it to only result in a 1 day ban is an absolute disgrace to that site and a personal offence to her and her friends. So cru, please please PLEASE set those fuckers straight on how to deal with these kinds of people, you have experience with these things.

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

I think one of the guys responsible (don't even need to mention the name, should be obvious) got a 1 day ban for it. 1 day.

Some got a 1 day ban, others got permabanned. However they just turned around and made a new account.

What they need to do is force people to link their Steam, XBL or PSN account to their profile BEFORE they can post. By preventing double linking they can effectively stop all but the die hard derps. If someone gets banned on their primary XBL account for example, they should be discriminated against in the game itself - perhaps have 'boosts' you can earn through a system like forumscore so being banned will have repercussions on your play. On games with linked forums (eg WoW) when you get banned from the game you are banned from the forum, I believe it should go the other way as well; if someone is so vile an individual that you ban them from your official forums, why do you want that person in your game? Obviously there's a financial side to it, but an MMO is big enough that banning a few derps will not have big repercussions on your finances, but having them there can cause many people to leave.

Wishful thinking, but it would at least prevent minor derps from derping. Major derps are gonna derp anyway, we have plenty of experience with that.

cruSig2.jpg

#7 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

So I haven't been on the EC forums in several day would someone like to fill me in?
Posted Image

#8 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:17 PM

GC takes issues affecting this community seriously, so if you have a case with hard evidence then by all means contact one of us (I suggest JC because he does bugger all work and needs to pull his weight :P ).

LoL, fine then.

If anyone has any major issues like Cru has mentioned PM me with what's wrong and evidence and etc so then I will put it up for Governing Council to discuss.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#9 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

I agree with all this, and am taking it upon myself to actively enforce this on members in my factions. If I hear or find of any Korpsmen or Night Lords starting trouble on EC, there will be repercussions here.
I advise other faction officers to fo the same.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#10 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Authrix don't worry about it pal since im covering for othrim its my responsibility to manage members
Posted Image

#11 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

I will roll with JC as well cause I am pretty much always on. So yes PM as well with you issues.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#12 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

Will do, thanks for agreeing with me on this one :)

#13 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

I will roll with JC as well cause I am pretty much always on. So yes PM as well with you issues.

The same goes for myself. Any of the GC are available at most times of the dau, so dont be afraid to pm us with problems. We'll do our best to find a reasonable solution.
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#14 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

No! I must get all of the attention! :P

But yeah I am the most mature one in the GC because they all act like I do in public areas XD

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#15 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

>_______>
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:18 PM

But yeah I am the most mature one in the GC because they all act like I do in public areas XD

I don't post any anime, your comment is invalid

cruSig2.jpg

#17 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:41 PM

Authrix don't worry about it pal since im covering for othrim its my responsibility to manage members

Yes, but I'm on pretty much all the time. Besides, the Korps are still my responsibility.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

Change Theme!