29 replies to this topic

#1 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

Hello there Gothic Wars!

On behalf of the Governing Council I am here to ask you about some reforms to the Video Gaming section. Now currently it is in a state of disuse only rarely being used.

So what I want to ask you all is what games would you like to see in that section particularly. It can be any game as long there is a big enough population playing it. So by this I mean games we will all play or that most of us will have.

This is mainly because we have 9 sub forums there which are not used but were suggested by the community.

In addition to this it will be down to you the community to keep the games elected alive and active. I will contribute to this my self by consistently trying to organize events for the forthcoming games.

Here are some we will keep/add so far

Due to the amount of people on GWRS who play these games:
World Of Tanks
Eternal Crusade

I would just like to add as a personal request a GTA section due to the fact a lot of people do play it on the site and so that we can organize fucking others up.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#2 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Oddly enough, Pokemon.
No, really.

I know a lot of people have it, although I am now wondering about if we'd actually use it much. In theory it could work really well, but only if people actually used it.

I'll leave it as a suggestion to consider rather than a full request.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#3 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

I would recommend BF4 but when the BF3 area was made I don't really think there was much activity for it and I don't think many people are getting BF4...

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Authrix:
If there was A Pokemon section I could raise alot of attention to the site for it. And yes lots have it and It would be a good place to set up trades, battles and all sorts of fuckery.

DX:
We will have to wait and see for that.

Posted Image

#5 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Well I would suggest to not have any specific game sections as these will all inevitably fall out of use (except of course Pokémon that just will not die... ever) but instead have a MMO section and a FPS section and what not so that even when stuff like BF4 and GTA 5 die or are replaced the sections will still be useful for other games of the specific genre.
Posted Image

#6 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

That is technically the plan. The Idea I had was to have both a General Genre section much like a larger of Other Gaming section and also to have a Specific gaming section of which would be have events organized by a community leader in that area.

That is more or less the aim. I just need to know the games people want.

Posted Image

#7 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

Well I would suggest to not have any specific game sections as these will all inevitably fall out of use (except of course Pokémon that just will not die... ever) but instead have a MMO section and a FPS section and what not so that even when stuff like BF4 and GTA 5 die or are replaced the sections will still be useful for other games of the specific genre.

Literally what I said when Metal was drafting this up, but in the form of forum categories. 
It's worth asking but would there be much interest for a Defiance area seeing as there are 3 factions around it?

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#8 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

Well there hasn't been much to almost no hype for BF4 as I think I was the only person who made a public thread about BF4 beta which I put in the BF3 area as it seemed most appropriate there.

Only a couple of people commented on it and I was wondering if anyone wanted to go play the Beta in a group because most randomers are pretty shit...

Usually for a game to have its own area it needs to have some hype so people are interested...

I don't think many people plated the BF4 beta that much from what I have on my friends list but then again I don't have many people from here as I just have people from my brother's DHG clan and most of the Crimson Fists.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#9 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

Don't we already technically have a Defiance area? I know most of our Defiance activities are conducted in the Command Salamander, and would likely stay there.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Don't we already technically have a Defiance area? I know most of our Defiance activities are conducted in the Command Salamander, and would likely stay there.

That's the thing, with faction areas there's little point in people posting stuff about the game outside of their faction area. What Metal is proposing is using the areas specifically for the game more often by hosting events not specifically faction orientated.

I think :huh:

Posted Image

#11 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

What I'm basically saying is that I don't think the Korps would use a Defiance section. I could be wrong, but...

I cannot oblige Pony.

#12 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:24 PM

JC@ That's the Idea.

Authrix@ From what you've said I can agree. If you guys still use your private section then there is no need for Defiance forum in the VG section. 
As a further point I belive I know a few people on GWRS who have Pokemon and who are fans of it which if kept active could make that section quote popular.

Posted Image

#13 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

I'll probably use it as I'll get the new one at some point. Thanks to literally everyone I know telling me it's worth it.

I cannot oblige Pony.

#14 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

I'd say don't right of any games before they are actually released also isn't this a little early for a competition section for something like eternal crusade?
Posted Image

#15 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:01 AM

I'd say don't right of any games before they are actually released also isn't this a little early for a competition section for something like eternal crusade?

It's still gonna be an area to discuss the game itself, this will just make sure these areas see some more use besides that.

Posted Image

#16 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

Well if they are not going to be competition exclusive areas then what is the point of them over the more general more USEFUL areas circular logic.
Posted Image

#17 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

I don't think this is neccessarily a competition only thing. And I don't see how faction areas are more ideal for them, particuarly if you're not in a faction for the game and want to take part in an event and etc.

The game specific area is still gonna be what it always has been, Metal is just making sure they are getting used for a change by having people dedicated to keeping it active.

Posted Image

#18 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

For Clarification:

The Idea is like both me and JC have stated is to make sure we have games people want, and Genres people want in the soon to be new Video Gaming section. It they will be Hubs for what ever wanted within those games E>G Events or some where to discuss.

So instead of Other Gaming we will have Genre specific areas for games. And then we will have the game areas themselves for games of interest.

As JC said it will be the same as ever except we are clearing out the clutter and unused and replacing them with what will be used. It will just be like it is except with some minor changes.

I hope that kinda cleared it up....

Posted Image

#19 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

Nice idea lads, I actually can't see any downside to any of that aside from making more work for the gothic wars fairys ;) Seriously though it'll make the section look alot neater and it'll be easier to find what you're looking for. Only thing I can see is if it's genre specific it might not make too much of a difference but if it's game specific some games will be overlooked and hardcore fans of certain games may feel neglected for example dark souls 2 is up and coming but I doubt it'll be getting its own section.

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#20 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

Nice idea lads, I actually can't see any downside to any of that aside from making more work for the gothic wars fairys ;) Seriously though it'll make the section look alot neater and it'll be easier to find what you're looking for. Only thing I can see is if it's genre specific it might not make too much of a difference but if it's game specific some games will be overlooked and hardcore fans of certain games may feel neglected for example dark souls 2 is up and coming but I doubt it'll be getting its own section.

The problem we have is a new game comes out and everyone demands a sub-forum saying "this is the best fucking game ever, it comes with a hot chick and a puppy!!!". Then not a month later there's a whole fucking army of tumbleweeds having some sort of messed up Slanneshi orgy in there.

There's a mass culling of useless forum sections coming soon and I am all for this compaction in order to prevent the problem reoccurring - again

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!