• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 HLS Cryo Fire

HLS Cryo Fire

Meatshield

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hey everyone, me and a team are working on mods/DLC for SM and are trying to get permission from microsoft nd that to publish stuff for the game, we have some ideas but we all feel that the communitey should play a part in this, if you have suggestions please feel free to leave them. Try make them game friendly and also it HAS to be lore related. we are working on skins weapons classes and maps, such as a flamer for tac and multi melter for dev nd power fist for assuslt (mabie??) pleae no silly stuff and try remember there are only 3 of us so nothing huge, we are doing a COD "Origins" inspired map with titans that you can use and new war gear, my gamer tag is HLS Cryo Fire if you want to contact me on Xbox Live. Hopfully we get a go ahead :derp: see y'all on the battlefield
HLS Cryo Fire, Serving the Dread lord Since 2012

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

Although it sounds unlikely seeing as the actual publisher of the game is bust and no company actually owns the game anymore I think. Still, good luck with this project dude.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

Well relic had the rights and they are now owned by Sega but other than that sounds cool good luck.
Posted Image

#4 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

As an Raptor myself I alway wondered what it would be like to have two Meele weapons instead of one ad a pistol. Or lightning claws. Or wings like Deamons.

Havocs should have a rocket launcher like the models. Chainsword for tactical marines.

But in all honesty there are two things that will earn you my respect. The Orgins map you mentioned.

And Thousand Sons armor. Oh yes. Finally.

Why don't you start a petition to Microsoft to get them to do your DLCs and to get them to release it as a game for gold? Would increase the games population defiently. More recruits.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#5 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:36 PM

Well relic had the rights and they are now owned by Sega but other than that sounds cool good luck.

Actually I think THQ owned the rights, and (don't quote me on this) proof was when Vigil was developing Dark Millennium. Last I heard Relic doesn't have any rights to 40K beside the games they already made, and even then I'm not sure on what those rights are now.

Posted Image

#6 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Good luck with this! However, afaik it costs quite a bit of money for game publishers to release updates and such (this may only be for arcade games), but good luck working on it and hopefully it does well.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Good luck with this! However, afaik it costs quite a bit of money for game publishers to release updates and such (this may only be for arcade games), but good luck working on it and hopefully it does well.

Yeah it's in the region of thousands, a lot of developers are put off by that so Microsoft created the whole XBLA Dev thing to encourage development by enticing low fees; the catch is it has to be your own creation.

Good luck to the OP; my advice would be that if you have the skill to add new content, then you should also look to patching as much of the cheats, hacks and glitches out of the original content (eg Flying Devastators) as you can. You might find people have done this for PC already and you can license code

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#8 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

you should also look to patching as much of the cheats, hacks and glitches out of the original content (eg Flying Devastators) as you can.

this x100

Stop people from using this shit and the people crying about it as well. #1 problem is the latency issue and how P2P is handled (terribly). It's probably not an easy fix, but if you can do it then I'm positive it will get more people to play this game.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#9 HLS Cryo Fire

HLS Cryo Fire

Meatshield

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

at the moment guys (thanx for your support btw) we have cleaned up the glithes we've seen i.e flying dev, we are looking at making lighning claws and such like, its is abit hard to do because there are only 3 of us (me and my 2 friends georgia and ellie) but there is still alot of system work to do before we can add stuff, we are also taking away the melta (changeing it for a shotgun nd then putting the melta back as a low range beam weapon (multi melta for dev) tyhats the plan anyway. and also MetalHead666X we have tried talking to microsoft but its abit hard cause they dnt actually listin and we got put on hold for about 2 hours then just got hung up on. and we cant fix everything because we would have to take apart the game and replace alot of stuff, but we can "everhaul" the systems make it run better, but yeh any more ideas then feel free and also ask round chapters if you can, i dnt have the time but i was going to  
and also the licence from microsoft is kinda out of the window atm cause of rent and bills to pay off

#10 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:40 PM

So you know that Microsoft has the license to the game?

Posted Image

#11 MetalHead666X

MetalHead666X

Sorcerer Supreme of the Thousand Sons

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

Again. Try start a E Petition and then try to be funding on Kickstarter or something similar once you have the licence. That way with the money you would have you would be able to make the changes.

I will support this as will many others every step of the way.

Two Giratina are better than one.

Posted Image

Thanks to Astral Shadow of Serebii for the Signiture

#12 roadkill srt10

roadkill srt10

Shadow Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

Night lord ceremonial helm
No longer rogue, leader of the Night Lords, shadow captain Nox. Course only till Ariok returns..

#13 HLS Cryo Fire

HLS Cryo Fire

Meatshield

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

as we are 3rd part devs any content we make cant be resesed by us without a liesence unless given permission by the original liecence holders - relic went bust nd we aint sure if sega ( think they r the current holders ) will let us so easy as they might have plans so unless we get a liecence we cnt do shit - nd it might end up like kill team btw so get the game nd get the new content. unless we get permission from sega or who ever. as of 10:45pm GMT 12/09/13 we are yet to get it but will keep going with it. p.s spelling is bad in this im on my xbox nd im reli tired oh nd also i might beta these updates: any ideas on that guys?? as always feel free to give ideas tips dnt be afraid to pm me or contact me on XBL @ HLS Cryo Fire. anyway night folks

#14 Holy ReLiC xDAx

Holy ReLiC xDAx

Lexicanum ReLiC

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • Xbox Live:Holy ReLiC xDAx
  • Steam:ReLLic Assassin
  • Social Groups:Dark Angels

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:10 PM

wow cryo that sounds really cool i hope that u can do it cause i love lightnining claws
ReLLiC Assassin
Posted Image

#15 HLS Cryo Fire

HLS Cryo Fire

Meatshield

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

thanx were stress testing our stuff atm but betas might be next month or nearer 2 xmas.

#16 Emperors Saint

Emperors Saint

Romulous's lap dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 237 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

I would rather see spears like the custodes and scythes like the death guard have and some new champion armour like thousand sons night lords dark angels things like that if you can get the bugs out that would be cool on its own
The Emperor is all seeing and when he is unpleased with what is happening in his galaxy, he sends his saint.

#17 HLS Cryo Fire

HLS Cryo Fire

Meatshield

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

im stress testing skins georgia made later on dunno what time. dont know the limits of apliability yet as im not sure other players will be able to see them. also having an edited game system might just crash the game or it could not work. or lag every1 to fuk. so if you see me in a lobby just remember i will probs be testing it out so i cant help lag ect ect. also skins made so far r Celestial Lions Shadow Wolves Thousand Suns and Dark Angel. will also be trying new melta weapons in a week (again dunno how its gona behave if it works)

#18 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:58 AM

mmmm i dont know i really love how you guys are interested in restoring a bit of life back into the game but i would rather see a patch to fix some multiplayer bugs maybe a release of the chaos and dreadnought maps for free... you know a more stable game before going into any armors weapons stuff to show other players that space marine is still a bad ass game dont get me wrong thats probably a lot of coding but that is just my opinion but as allways the best of luck what ever you guys can release i will be waiting happy for it.
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#19 DusteirTax

DusteirTax

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

Keep pushing for the liesense, if you can get this to work who knows u might get a chance to work on eternal crusader
I allow the madness in but the difference between you and me is i dont let it take over. mostly

#20 HLS Cryo Fire

HLS Cryo Fire

Meatshield

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:16 PM

all the coding ect is handled by ellie and the modeling and art work and i test them work out bugs come up with ideas and am normally the groups contact to the comunity. just because we are doing skins first does NOT mean we arent bug fixing and working on stuff like that. Skins were ready to test first. you have to remember our lives come first and ellie has a daughter so things can be slow somtimes

Change Theme!