225 replies to this topic

#181 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:27 PM

noctis mumbles something and the queen and scylla are guided into the town by some ghouls .

"Come with us sleepy one."

solomon tells noctis as solomon turns on his heels and heads toward a cave in the distance that has two large stalks guarding it.

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#182 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

"Hmm.....Those are new." Varkanis thought aloud at he looked at the.....constructs? He wasn't sure of what to make of them. They weren't of flesh, or at least what he could sense, they seemed to be completely made of iron and yet seemed alive all the same. "Solomon...what are these." He asked the other necromancer, nodding his head towards the two standing guard over the entrance to what he assumed is the place that the splinter of rot was kept.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#183 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:27 PM

noctis yawns as he follows, and you can see solomon smile.

'Stalks....Living metal made by purifiers that protect sacred places."

he stops at the door and one of the creatures crouch, as if lending its ear.

" This was made by a good friend to keep the shard safe. .. I figured it was a good idea."

the creature stands and lifts its arm, making the door rumble open to the pitch black inside of the temple

cainsig11.jpg

#184 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

"Huh, reminds me of gargoyles and what they're meant to do." Varkanis thought out loud, the idea of still and silent guardians made of hard material jumping to his mind after Solomon explained. "The Purifier's skills have certainly advanced since I've been gone, wonder how the rest of the mutagen lines have fared as well." He wondered briefly before going into the cave entrance proper. Tapping the end of his staff onto the ground a couple of times, the orb at the top began to glow a red hued light, and used it as his way of getting through the dark since he did not have superb sense like Noctis and he personally disliked using fire for...personal reasons.

#185 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

it is completyely dark, but iits far from empty. On either side of the halls you can sense silent grave guards. Powerful ghouls subservient to necromancers left to guard this sacred place.

soon you come into a massive dimly lit cavern with a single crystal sitting on an island of bone. It is at least the size of two men standing tall, and deep purple. SOlomon steps in behind you and lowers his gaze respecfully.

"The shard.... As asked."

cainsig11.jpg

#186 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 02 July 2017 - 06:21 PM

Varkanis stood there for a moment as he examined the Crystal, already not feeling as if something isn't right. "....It shouldn't be this dark should it?" he asked himself, his own memories telling him that this thing used to glow much brighter than the dull light that's with in it right now. Growing more curious, and anxious, the old necromancer moved forward as he worked off one of his bone covered gauntlets, careful of the bone floor that it was surrounded by. Probably another measure of security knowing his kind can even manipulate bone itself. 

#187 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:30 PM

the power within that crystal is weak and barely erxists. it had been ripped free , leeched by too many hands that sought the power .

"Its been like this as long as ive been the warden... My father said that there was once a great pilgramage of our kind... Ever since than its been like this."

One of the ancient guards move forward and takes its knee.

"Ancient one.... Bone master.... YOu seem wary... IS there anything i can help you with?"

cainsig11.jpg

#188 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

"....It's almost dead. There was only so much in this, but everyone just kept taking and taking, now there's barely anything left in it." Varkanis spoke in an almost heartbroken tone as he caressed the shard, more to the crystal than to Solomon or the age old sentinel. The reason there was a stain in the magic that solomon spoke of was because there was nothing left to draw upon from now. "This pilgrimage, what can either of you tell me about it?" He questioned both the other necromancer and the guardian who was more than likely there when the event happened, not looking away from the sad sight that was before him.

#189 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:09 AM

it was lead by a mighty necromancer named Raketh... He coveted the stones power... And his students , four necromancers from the scool of blood, flesh  poision and insanity. They taught necromancers here and as a right of passage, he drew upon this stone for their initiates."

the guardian says as solomon listens.

The stone glows, as if waking from the necromancers touch, and at once, it begins to suffuse you. Power, pure power floods you , the stone was giving every last once of its power, and in it you hear one word.

"Consolidate...And return our power. Hunt the usurpers"

you awaken from the vision and see the stone has gone lifeless, not a trace of power has remained within, but you can tell, it is just waiting, waiting for the power stolen from it to be returned. 

YOu turn around and see solomon is looking at you wide eyed.

"Lord ...YOu are..young."

he says in awe as the guardian looks up.

"The stone has given you the last of its strength... Thus it has rewound your age."

cainsig11.jpg

#190 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

Varkanis looked down at his hand to see the proof himself. It was not wrinkled or weathered with age, he was able to hold his staff in a more sure grip, his whole being felt relief as the weight of age has been lifted off his shoulders. But it was of bittersweet enjoyment, as he knew what needed to be done if the art of necromancy was to survive this new rising turmoil. "An old spirit in a young body you mean."  He laughed softly as he slipped the gauntlet back onto his hand. "Raketh and his students, where are they now?"

#191 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:39 PM

Rakeths students became nomads....And took their arts all over. Though now he is old he isnt all too far from here."

the guardian walks to the wall and settles into its place.

"we would need noctis and the others to be on board to help though..He has powerful familiar and some subjugated patriarchs at his call."

cainsig11.jpg

#192 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:22 AM

"Subjugated Patriarchs? Its like this man wants to be at the very top of my shitlist." Varkanis said under his breath, disgusted by the idea of having those beings dominated. This wasn't what he laid out before, to see this twisting of the knowledge and greed for power, he wondered how this could come to being during his centuries of absence. He would have to question this man himself and then his students, to prevent it from this sort of abuse from happening again. He went to look for Noctis and the rest of his friends. It was time to clean up the mess made, and they're going to need the power to back it up.

#193 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 05:06 PM

solomon nods and leads you out of the cave. 

"You have to understand ,... These necromancers have been at this for many a decade.. They are each masters of a different discipline.. If we mess up anything, they will consume our essence."

he leads you toward the town where noctixs stands, watching the necromancers approach

cainsig11.jpg

#194 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

"I'm well aware of the consequences, I did not get to where I was without harsh lessons on the way. But if we are to do anything, then these five need to be sorted out or no one will be strong enough for I fear is ahead of us." Varkanis insisted, walking toward Noctis to tell him what has happened. "The shard is dead, weakened by other necromancers taking portions of its power while I slept. I need to reconsolidate it, especially if their subjugating other patriarchs with that power." The old Necromancer explained to his friend, catching him up on what he was shown by the crystal and told by Solomon.

#195 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 07:20 PM

"so were hunting them.."

he says with a sigh.

"We cant exactly roll around like a deathswquad...Especially with nightmares agents all over... Why not leave dekka and the others hwere while you me and the youngster go to challenge the others."

SOlomon huffs.

"listern hewre you abberant.."

cainsig11.jpg

#196 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:44 PM

Varkanis rounded himself on his heel at Solomon, holding his staff pointing at the younger Necromancer with only a couple of inches of space between it and the man's nose. "Don't...ever call him that. Do you understand that Solomon?" The older Necromancer said in a quiet but deathly serious tone, hard eyes looking directly into Solomon's. Letting the silence hang for a moment, Varkanis moved his staff away and turned back the way they were heading. "Yes, that seems most prudent. If anything, they probably know what's going to happen if they're paying attention to the currents of power."

#197 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 06:53 PM

solomon stands in abject shock. HIs mouth agape as noctis follows behind, ignoring that the altercation even happened.

"I sensed Arachnus and Gheists awakening..... It seems they are following a call from the mother."

THe patriarch says as he grabs an apple from a fruit stand and gnaws on it.

"Still want to bring the kid? seems like he has strong feelings for my kind."

He asks uncaringly, gnawing on a piece of apple

cainsig11.jpg

#198 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:02 PM

"Yes I do. I'm hoping the experience he will have throughout or endeavors will change that at least, if not, then the differences should at least be put aside." Varkanis replied as they walked, not looking back to see if Solomon was keeping up with them or not. "Hm, Arachnus and Ghiest, sigh, those two don't even know what subtly even means, but I know they can accomplish whatever Freya puts them up to task for." he commented, already imagining the trail of destruction those two might wrought just by traveling.

#199 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 08:56 PM

arachnus is the truest form of the crusher beast breed.... If anyoone could trudge a line to freya..It would be him..ANd gheist...Ive seen him eat dozens of folks at once... Hes no slouch..Those damn terrors are terrifying."

Solomon moves to keep up as Noctis huffs.

"oh...and by the way.."

noctis moves in a blur, cutting a pouch from solomons belt, taking the gem that had given the vision from before.

'This is mine......Theres no reason for you to have this."

cainsig11.jpg

#200 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

Varkanis looked back to see what Noctis was speaking about, seeing the gem in his hand and a sliced pouch on the sands. The necromancer tapped the orb end of his staff onto the omniarch's head. "This is why we can't go anywhere nice you know." he chuckled. "Could have just asked nicely you know." Varkanis added as he looked at the gem from where he could see. "Now, I'm not familiar with these things. How did your memory become a solid object again?" he asked Noctis.

Change Theme!