6 replies to this topic

#1 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 06:20 AM

Just wondering, I thought there was like a five man minimum that people had to have signed up on here before making a group and yet I count eight that have less than this. What if another bunch of people come along wanting that name but can't have it due to the fact that it is already taken by a group that doesn't even have enough signed up in the first place?

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

Just wondering, I thought there was like a five man minimum that people had to have signed up on here before making a group and yet I count eight that have less than this. What if another bunch of people come along wanting that name but can't have it due to the fact that it is already taken by a group that doesn't even have enough signed up in the first place?

Right now the new system is that you need to fill in the form to create the group, then file a support ticket to let Staff know the request is there. We treat all groups without tickets to be spam - regardless of foreknowledge of their creation or not.

Since the 2.0 Groups are managed by Leaders it is their responsibility to recruit, promote, demote, discharge and moderate their own groups. We will do regular pruning of dead and ghost groups when activity on the site picks up a bit (more towards EC). In the event someone wants to make a group that is taken, they can point it out to us and GC will assess it, most likely resulting in a group removal if that group is dead.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:30 AM

In the event someone wants to make a group that is taken, they can point it out to us and GC will assess it, most likely resulting in a group removal if that group is dead.

Or we ask them to get in contact with them and arrange negotiations, maybe even slight differences in names. For example say there are 2 Blood Angel groups on here, they might negotiate to merge and/or share the group forum, or one of them decides to adopt a similar name on here, like the IX Legion, or something more Blood Angely.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

JC's example is when the group isn't dead :)

cruSig2.jpg

#5 fklm

fklm

War Leader of the Battle Company

• Members
  • Others:
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:29 PM

I'm with Fuzzy here. If a group wants to form using a name which is already taken such as Angels Sanguine or Blood angels as there is currently 2 of both these it's not fair to make one change its name as it could make it seem inferior to potential recruits.
Squire, bring me my lag sword.

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:52 AM

I'm with Fuzzy here. If a group wants to form using a name which is already taken such as Angels Sanguine or Blood angels as there is currently 2 of both these it's not fair to make one change its name as it could make it seem inferior to potential recruits.

FYI: There's only one AoS group (joshangelsanguines group) here and no Blood Angels at the moment.

As for the name thing: I agree in principle, there could be a perception of inferiority; however you cannot have more than one group with the exact same name without causing confusion and being blocked by computer code. Also, you can't make guilds in games with a name that's already taken; if EC allows Guilds (which they have indicated) then there will only be one group called Angels Sanguine on the entire NA Server, everyone else will need to alter their name - it's the same with all MMOs and games with organised communities (eg Battlefield Platoons etc)

cruSig2.jpg

#7 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

It's a first come first served, like Cru said it works that way in many MMO's. I'm not sure if you were there but as soon as the Honour Guard forums were open it was the same story, as soon as someone made a thread for Blood Angels PS3, all others after that were disowned, and they had to make ones for 'Death Company', 'Archangels', etc.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!