Photo

[Poll] Xbox One or PS4?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Console By Current Intentions (2 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Console By Current Intentions

1. PS4 Only (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

2. Xbox One Only (6 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

3. PC Only (1 votes [4.55%])

Percentage of vote: 4.55%

4. PS4 Initially, XB1 Later (3 votes [13.64%])

Percentage of vote: 13.64%

5. Xbox One Initially, PS4 Later (1 votes [4.55%])

6. Both Immediately At Launch (1 votes [4.55%])

7. Wii U - The "HerpaDerp Ban Me" Answer (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

8. Bah Humbug (5 votes [22.73%])

Percentage of vote: 22.73%

Vote

#21 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

Wii U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to sway towards the PS4, but I love PC gaming and always will. :P

I won't be alone anymore! =D

I always have and always will have a kickass gaming rig, I just play alot on xbox cuz I dont have many people to play with on pc... you guys need to start giving me your skype names
Posted Image

#22 TechGerhard

TechGerhard

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

Of all the new consoles I'd pick the Wii U (That's right, HerpaDerp Ban Me!) mainly since it has more games that I'd play. But only between the two I'd go for the PS4, the Xbox1 is just too expensive for extras I'm not even looking for in a game console, the always-on kinect kinda creeps me out, and I'm trying to save money by buying pre-owned games. Besides I'm saving up for my own desktop so I could play better PC games.
Posted Image

#23 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

As soon as I realized that PS4 is backwards compatible and so can play Space Marine... SOLD.

Since when was it backwards compatible?

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#24 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

im not getting either:-p my xbox works perfectly fine lol
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#25 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

For those who will shortly be departing us for picking the Wii U answer (cough Tech and Sam cough) here's some interesting articles for you

http://mynintendonew...doned-platform/

http://www.gameplane...port-for-Wii-U/

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#26 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

is there a none of the above category

There is now

cruSig2.jpg

#27 TechGerhard

TechGerhard

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Posted Image

#28 Holy Shadows

Holy Shadows

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

Hello everyone! So that wonderful time is upon us for the Next Gen Console! I and a few of my good clan members have already decided what we are getting in regards to next gen. I'm sure most of you have already decided, but, to those of you who have not or are on the fence I am hear to clear up a few things as some are confused as to how things will work. I will be compiling a lot of facts pulled directly from first party sites to back up the info I know, and you need to know. So lets get started.
We could argue all day long on how XB1 and PS4 are different but lets look at the similarities so we can narrow down the valid arguments. First things first, they both have to have a subscription to play online now, Blu-Ray, HDMI ONLY outputs (so if you don't have an HD TV you will need one), 8GB of RAM, 8 cores for the processor, WiFi n/g/b, Ethernet hook-up, and the GPU's are almost identical. Essentially, they are mini computers for one major purpose and that is games. Sure, they can both do Netflix and apps but that's for later. A lot of people think that the DRM (Digital Rights Management) is only tied to XB1 but they might get a rude awakening. Both XB1 and PS4 could potentially have DRM's tied to third party developers, such as Ubisoft, Bethesda, Activision, etc. This would make it so that if you buy their game brand new you can't sell it back to GameStop or where ever. This is a big issue for a lot of people but it shouldn't be and here is why. Steam when I first came out was hated because it's pretty much exactly what consoles are becoming, all digital. In face that's what a lot of our devices and services are. Look at your beloved smartphone, FULL to the brim with DRM's only you can access and buy on the marketplace with your device. You cant trade games or apps. They are locked up tight. Enough of that lets get back to the consoles and how they are different.
First lets start with PS4. It's cheaper, (the ONLY valid argument I have seen thus far.) It is not bundled with any motion tracking or fancy gizmos. It can also be played online without the system servers checking for updates or licenses. I may have missed a few minor things here and there but I'm sure you will bring them up in the comments section as a lot don't see the new generation the way I see it. Now the XB1 is powered my Microsoft and all the products behind it. Such as Skype, Skydrive, Bing, and Smartglass. Along with these products you will have people who are teaming up exclusively to the Xbox such as Twitch, EA Sports, Respawn Entertainment and many more to follow. It is $100 more than the PS4 but you do get a webcam/motion controller/voice commands/impute hand gestures all baked into the Xbox OS. It also has improved the best controller in the console arena (IMO). This is the important part, it's powered by the cloud! What does this mean? The Xbox will get better as time goes on. Updating servers to do all the computing for us we just have to jump in a play. Think about it, living breathing worlds that don't stop just cause you log out or get offline. These are the games that I want to play. Like Destiny or Elder Scrolls online. You HAVE to have internet to play these games and if you are reading this, you already have internet so that argument about "always online" or what have you is null and void. A lot of these next gen games will require internet to play because they are based on the living breathing worlds they are creating. This is why I am choosing the XB1.
Most if not all of the things I already do on my console are online. Whether it be Netflix, competing in an online multilayer or downloading a game you MUST be online. A lot of people are up-in-arms as to why Microsoft is requiring at least a once every 24 hour connection. To that I say bring it. It will make everything we already do on our Xbox's easier. Apps and searches will be faster and games will be bigger. This is the vision Microsoft has for us gamers. I believe this generation will be the first one to make it possible to make the games I have longed for my whole life! MMO's on a console is a big deal. Why? B/c its cheaper than a computer. I myself have a middle of the road gaming rig. It cost about twice the price of the new Xbox and then if I want to play MMO's I would have to pay an extra fee on top of that, FOR EACH GAME! On Xbox Live there is one price for all your games. This is true to for the PS4 but they are not powered by the cloud so they are already at a huge disadvantage in the long run.
The verdict. I believe some of you will buy the PS4 first/only, at first. At first, the PS4 will outsell the XB1 and when the next holiday season rolls around with all the exclusives for Xbox only, people will start to realize why they should have stuck with Xbox. Halo and Gears of War are enough for me to stay with Xbox. And what about all those achievements you worked sooooo hard on getting. Well some of you might give them up, but I sure as hell won't! And yes, their are still a lot of single player games to play and you will still be able to do so. Along with, trade-ins and for the first time share the same subscription of Xbox Live with up to 10 people in your family! That's HUGE! I know Morentz01 and brothers will definitely like this :D Now open the flood gates and post away! I will try to get back to everyone's concerns or questions! Happy Gaming!!!
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three terrifying answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
-Inquisitor Czevak

-=Holy Shadows=-

#29 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

So there's been a problem with the poll resulting from the server crash. So I wiped it and reset it

cruSig2.jpg

#30 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:45 AM

Spoiler

You should prolly put in an application to Microsoft cuz, you just kinda sold me an XB1

Posted Image

#31 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

Well written post Shadow but I will still be getting a PS4 because of the limitations put on the XB1 by Microsoft and my locale (ie NZ not supporting the TV stuff). Also Dust 514 and Planetside 2 are PS4 only. Time will tell which is better, and I'll probably end up with both in 2-3 years time

cruSig2.jpg

#32 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:55 AM

...OH COME ON. The Wii U isn't that bad. HD Windwaker..

Anyone?...

....Anyone?

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#33 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

Uhhhh isnt the cloud only a fancy name for the internet? soo how can sony be at a disadvantage? by having less servers than microsoft you mean? perhaps but it isnt that big of a deal with microsoft if i dont have a broadband they just gave me an F U stay with your 360 and your saying that if i have time to check upon this then the whole argument of *always on* is invalid?

Mmmm im sorry but i disagree they are times when you will not be able to log on because of work. holidays .days when you just dont wanna log on because your to damn tired or just want to do something else soo they are forcing me to log on even if i dont want to and what if i travel and i dont have the chance to bring my xbox or if i bring it what if i cant connect it to the internet ?

i should have the power to play when ever the time and place i want with out any restrictions

As for kinect some people like it some people dont even care about it many people are old school we didnt use to have that kind of stuff soo the controllers were freaking awsome to us why some people dont wanna get updated with the new stuff? well as for personal experience and seing other friends they feel stupid by talking to the tv or shaking their hands they just want to press a danm buttom and as for having all those apps netflix youtube facebook and soo on they forgot consoles where about games and yes consoles evolve but i would rather see all that hard work putted in other areas of an actual gaming console anyways this can vary as some old school people have enjoyed the apps and kinect but come on you can do all of the mentioned in your cellphones now no need to add all this stuff

What about the soldiers in the navy and people who arent allowed to have a connection for what ever reason? you just gonna forget about them?

As for console exclusive titles yes people will buy it for halo gears and yadada but if the last gears wasent only a game to keep milking the people for money then i dont know maybe im going insane (mind you i did like judgement but after playing it for a while *its the same thing i just cant be revive anymore* soo i got bored of it and sold it im staying with gears 3)

Halo will have to be their savior but halo 4 wasent that great as many thought it turned to look like a future COD they still have 2 more games to go soo we will see

trying to bring my chilhood games to buy their console pffff good luck im thinking with my wallet this time as both consoles now requiered to be pay monthly the playstation its still cheaper and the psn(network) is getting redesigned for the new gen and they only charge you if you get playstation plus you can play free games as longest you want you wanna get something else? get plus for only 5 dollars and you can even get free games in the long run for only 5 dollars and they support indie games alot more than microsoft

As last i am an xbox lover since it was invented but they just showed me how little they care about me they went full greed on this and they are just trying to decorate it. after watching E3 and seeing they couldnt give any polite answer the choice was clear to me

this are some of my personal feelings on how microsoft let me down not a rant just some thoughts i had i could keep going but im tired soo im not saying the xbox one sucks and ps4 owns they in time will become great consoles im just liking more the *freedom* that ps4 offers me this time while xbox is being more closed for what ever their reasons
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#34 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:50 AM

actually heard today that PSN is only required for multiplayer that sony has to host.

I.e. Since destiny is being hosted by bungie servers you could play it with out PSN. at least that is what Totalbiscuit said today.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#35 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:53 AM

actually heard today that PSN is only required for multiplayer that sony has to host.

I.e. Since destiny is being hosted by bungie servers you could play it with out PSN. at least that is what Totalbiscuit said today.

Games can elect to require PS+ and therefore suffer no DLC pushing fees (read game patches for MMOs), or they can go it alone and come to a licensing agreement with Sony (so far Destiny and Diablo 3)

cruSig2.jpg

#36 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

Games can elect to require PS+ and therefore suffer no DLC pushing fees (read game patches for MMOs), or they can go it alone and come to a licensing agreement with Sony (so far Destiny and Diablo 3)

well thats good to know at least you can still play some stuff if you let PSN run out.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#37 TechGerhard

TechGerhard

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:48 AM

...OH COME ON. The Wii U isn't that bad. HD Windwaker..

Anyone?...

....Anyone?

I was thinking more along the lines of Rayman, SSB w/Megaman, and that mech game from the E3 trailers.
Posted Image

#38 Holy Shadows

Holy Shadows

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

Uhhhh isnt the cloud only a fancy name for the internet? soo how can sony be at a disadvantage? by having less servers than microsoft you mean? perhaps but it isnt that big of a deal with microsoft if i dont have a broadband they just gave me an F U stay with your 360 and your saying that if i have time to check upon this then the whole argument of *always on* is invalid?

Mmmm im sorry but i disagree they are times when you will not be able to log on because of work. holidays .days when you just dont wanna log on because your to damn tired or just want to do something else soo they are forcing me to log on even if i dont want to and what if i travel and i dont have the chance to bring my xbox or if i bring it what if i cant connect it to the internet ?

i should have the power to play when ever the time and place i want with out any restrictions

As for kinect some people like it some people dont even care about it many people are old school we didnt use to have that kind of stuff soo the controllers were freaking awsome to us why some people dont wanna get updated with the new stuff? well as for personal experience and seing other friends they feel stupid by talking to the tv or shaking their hands they just want to press a danm buttom and as for having all those apps netflix youtube facebook and soo on they forgot consoles where about games and yes consoles evolve but i would rather see all that hard work putted in other areas of an actual gaming console anyways this can vary as some old school people have enjoyed the apps and kinect but come on you can do all of the mentioned in your cellphones now no need to add all this stuff

What about the soldiers in the navy and people who arent allowed to have a connection for what ever reason? you just gonna forget about them?

As for console exclusive titles yes people will buy it for halo gears and yadada but if the last gears wasent only a game to keep milking the people for money then i dont know maybe im going insane (mind you i did like judgement but after playing it for a while *its the same thing i just cant be revive anymore* soo i got bored of it and sold it im staying with gears 3)

Halo will have to be their savior but halo 4 wasent that great as many thought it turned to look like a future COD they still have 2 more games to go soo we will see

trying to bring my chilhood games to buy their console pffff good luck im thinking with my wallet this time as both consoles now requiered to be pay monthly the playstation its still cheaper and the psn(network) is getting redesigned for the new gen and they only charge you if you get playstation plus you can play free games as longest you want you wanna get something else? get plus for only 5 dollars and you can even get free games in the long run for only 5 dollars and they support indie games alot more than microsoft

As last i am an xbox lover since it was invented but they just showed me how little they care about me they went full greed on this and they are just trying to decorate it. after watching E3 and seeing they couldnt give any polite answer the choice was clear to me

this are some of my personal feelings on how microsoft let me down not a rant just some thoughts i had i could keep going but im tired soo im not saying the xbox one sucks and ps4 owns they in time will become great consoles im just liking more the *freedom* that ps4 offers me this time while xbox is being more closed for what ever their reasons

I get what you are saying about people in the Navy, army etc. but most of them do have connection to internet in a lot of places. Not all of them are on-site battle fields and if they are they I would say their is a very small, small margin of them this could potentially affect. Not saying Microsoft is trying to say "don't have internet? well we don't care" they will be supporting the 360 for years to come which does support offline capabilities if needed. It's also cheaper now than ever for one so it might be a better option for them. Once again, ALOT of next gen titles will require Internet access to even play i.e. Destiny. But they can still pick up the new games with out purchasing any new console and using their existing one.
In regards to the DRM for XB1 you specifically don't have to sign into XBL for it to keep its connection. It does it for you in the background. Even when it's "off" (low power state)

http://www.wpcentral...s-talk-xbox-drm 

I get what you are saying about people in the Navy, army etc. but most of them do have connection to internet in a lot of places. Not all of them are on-site battle fields and if they are they I would say their is a very small, small margin of them this could potentially affect. Not saying Microsoft is trying to say "don't have internet? well we don't care" they will be supporting the 360 for years to come which does support offline capabilities if needed. It's also cheaper now than ever for one so it might be a better option for them. Once again, ALOT of next gen titles will require Internet access to even play i.e. Destiny. But they can still pick up the new games with out purchasing any new console and using their existing one.
In regards to the DRM for XB1 you specifically don't have to sign into XBL for it to keep its connection. It does it for you in the background. Even when it's "off" (low power state)

http://www.wpcentral...s-talk-xbox-drm
"Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three terrifying answers, all of which are true and terrifying to know."
-Inquisitor Czevak

-=Holy Shadows=-

#39 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:13 AM

You didnt have to post it twice dude :P

And i do know they are going to support the 360 but still they told you if your connection is crappy then dont bother getting an xbox one stick to your 360 soo they just told me not to buy their console allright its my fault for not having a decent connection or broadband as they said anyways

If you could provide more info on how can you lend your friends/family games soo as i see it correct me if im wrong (for real nothing bad intended) soo your family members can play your games without trouble like just handing your profile to them (if this is the case then awsome nothing new here)

Or does your gold membership extend to 10 members without any cost and all of them vinculated to your account(again i could be wrong but they did mention something like 10 family members right?)

Or 3rd guess... are they telling you to get 10 gold memberships in order to allowed them to play a game with out any cost within that group and if you wanna lend it to a friend outside that group you can only do it once? and if you lend it more than once they start to charge you each time you move it? (if this is the case then hell no)

Ahhh i remember now angry joe read something about 10 family members on an xbox site here skip it to minute 4 if you wanna jump all the cursing done lol but yea as joe i dont get it

I would really thank you if you could clarify that
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#40 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

So what do people know about the PS4 controller? Is it still connected via a USB adapter to charge it? And what's up with that weird looking touch screen :huh:

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!