433 replies to this topic

#1 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

Okay, in an effort to make this avenue as viable and interesting as the name implies I will get the ball rolling with another RP running in conjunction with Othrim's awesome RP in the main thread. This will begin when enough people are a part of it, obviously only members of this group.

This RP will be using a modified version of the Deathwatch Rules, but worry not you don't need to have these rules or even be familiar with them. I will monitor all of the number crunching mayhem on my end, the only contribution that the players need to provide is description. The greater you describe something and allow it to take form, the better.

This will still follow the concept that exists in Othrim's RP, that of You describe an action, but the result is entirely out of your hands, it is in mine. Now understand this is only for relevant actions. If you wish to walk across a bridge, or clean your gun. You are pretty safe in finishing your action on your own. However if you look around a corner, I control what you see. If you attack something, I control what happens. Really, use common sense in determining if you really have the ability to decide the outcome or if you must defer to the GM (me).

This RP will be slow and steady to facilitate everyone. So there is to be no post-a-thons of stuff when other people are not present. If a conversation is going on, by all means carry it out, but if your conversation leaves somebody out STOP and continue it later when they have a chance to respond and be involved. We want this to be fun for everyone, so take that into consideration. As moderator I will lock the thread when I feel it should take a hiatus and let you all stew over what you will do next.

Any OOC chatter is to be in spoilers [ spoiler] text [/ spoiler]. Please try not to abuse these. OOC chatter is often necessary, but if we can avoid pages of (spoiler) that would be great. Additionally, don't feel you have to be completely open with your team. If you want to send a private vox message to somebody PM them, just be sure to copy the PMs to me as well so I know what you are saying. Also if you are alone and want to be sneaky, you can send your actions via PM to me and I will take them into account and nobody will be aware of your sneaking.

That being said, if you wish to take part (and are an approved member of the group) I will require several things PM'd.

Character Name -
Chapter -
Class -
*Classes are [Tactical, Assault, Apothecary, Devestator, Librarian, Techmarine]
Wargear -
Description/Backstory -

Now Wargear and Description/Backstory are two special bits. Backstory does not mean write an entire story, however the more detailed the better. Your backstory should be an example of your Marine and what makes him who he is.

Like if I did one for my Wolf Priest in Othrim's Deathwatch I'd write something like this.

(eg. Fafnir, Wolf Priest of the Space Wolves is a massive Space Marine, larger than many of his brethren. He is a strong and stoic Marine that holds closely to the old ways of Chapter, and lets his faith guide him with unnerring certainty. Many years has he survived amidst the ranks of the Wolves of Russ, and earned the grudging respect of his peers through tenacity and a sheer stubbornness that seems to cheat death itself. His white hair and long fangs mark him as a senior member. Often on missions prior to joining the Deathwatch he was selected to lead for his charisma, experience, and skills at close combat and stealth. He was selected for the Deathwatch after proving his valor and tactics while facing an Ork incursion on one of the planets in the outer reaches. While often a grim figure, Fafnir is prone to bits of dark humor that outsiders to the Space Wolves may find unsettling. His crozius, Wolf Pendant and Fang of Malokai were granted him with his position as Wolf Priest of the Great Company of Harald Deathwolf. While his lightning Claw w/bolter was a gift from the Wolf Lord, commisioned to honor the great accomplishments the Wolf Priest had done for the Chapter's honors over the years.)

As you can see the description states everything about the character, and the wargear as well as justifying WHY he has the gear that he has. Remember the more detail and effort you put into something the more it will be seen favorably by the RP gods.

Also notice the classes are Tactical, Assault, Devestator, Techmarine, Apothecary, and Librarian. There is no Chaplain (sorry following the book) and none of those are Terminators either. Regular marines, the lot of them. Arm accordingly, outrageous requests will be laughed at.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

Each of you arrives aboard the Golden Spear amidst the swirling forces of the Uria Nebula. Each of you was sent hurriedly and without much explanation, but knowing that your duty to the Deathwatch was of paramount importance. As you each traverse the passages of the Imperial vessel the tone is quiet and hushed, as if the crew is as uncertain of the events as each of you. None of them meet your gaze as you pass. When at last you reach the observation deck to where you were summoned there is only one figure standing there dimly lit by the lumen glow of a rotating holographic image that flickered and sputtered with static.

"Welcome Astartes of the Deathwatch." The man says, turning. His bald head and stark features made cadaverous in the limited light of the display. "My name is Inquisitor Zio, and I apologize for the clandestine nature of your summoning, but this is a matter that necessitates investigation before we raise any alarm." As he spoke he made his way around the holo-image, which now each of you can see is an Imperial vessel, a Strike Cruiser. Amidst the crackling image it is clear the ship has sustained heavy damage.

"This ship translated out of Warp Space 37 Terran hours ago. It has obviously sustained heavy damage, and due to the interference of the Nebula our scans are inconclusive on life signs aboard the vessel. The most worrying part of this discovery is that the ship's identity is unknown. There are no identifiable markings upon what remains of the hull, and the ship's ident is not registering." Zio began to pace back and forth as he continued to describe the scene. "We must know if this is merely a derelict or not. It could be the herald of some incursion we have not yet detected, and that bears investigation. It could also be a trap." He said seriously looking at the faces of the gathered Astartes. "As such I need you to go aboard. Your primary objective will be to obtain the ship's ID, and discover what befell it. Of secondary concern is if there are any survivors. I trust to your discretion." He looked them over one last time.

"Due to the interference from the Nebula we will not be able to communicate with your Kill-Team once you are aboard. Also we believe that the Nebula may impact vox communication aboard the unknown vessel as there is little shielding from the forces at work. Your team will be taking a Thunderhawk in, you can work out the details with the Lieutenant."

"Do you have any other questions or concerns?"

Posted Image

#3 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

Thrax looks over the team that he has been thrust in to and pauses for the briefest moment when he gets to the Librarian. You can almost see the scowl on his face through the golden faceplate on his helmet.

"I have no questions Brother Inquisitor, I shall obtain the information you require."

He then looks to his Combat Servitor and whispers "Stick close, I'm not sure I trust all of our companions."

#4 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

Varian studies the holo-image wondering what awaits them aboard the strike cruiser.

"Brother Inquisitor, if we find the ship tainted are we to attempt to destroy it from within, or return to Golden Spear and handle it then?"

#5 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Zio turns to Varian. "Warp taint is also a possibility that we must take into consideration, as we have no way of knowing if the Geller Fields were active when it translated. If you discover corruption aboard, you may root it out by whatever means you deem necessary." Zio says, his voice cold and clipped.

Posted Image

#6 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

Thrax turns toward Varian.

"Brother, it would be tragic to destroy such a vessel before it could be studied thoroughly. We should take our time and learn it's secrets."

#7 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:22 PM

"Inquisitor if I may venture? Has there been a visual on the vessel? I mean even though there is no IDent signature, do we know if it is Imperial, Tau, Eldar in design?"
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#8 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

Varian meets the Inquisitor's gaze and puts his helmet on.

"Acknowledged Brother Inquisitor. No further questions."

Varian then checks to make sure all his power armors systems are working properly.

"All systems green." He says almost inaudibly while grinning behind his faceplate.

#9 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

"Librarian, my reports of the ship indicate that it is an Imperial Strike Cruiser. An older design, but most definitely Imperial." He confirms.

Posted Image

#10 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:35 PM

Upon hearing the identification of an Imperial vessel, Thrax stares at the extensive damage.

"And when at last he came upon the vehicle, he perceived the distress of the engine therein and forthwith struck the rune and it was good. Thereupon the engine ignited and was filled with strength..."

#11 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

" An 'older' design. Turns to the Techpriest. Are you able to identify the class Brother?"

#12 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

Standing near the corner of the briefing room, A Space Marine in green power armor waits for the others to ask their questions. After hearing that their mission would be on a Strike Cruiser the Space Marine belays his discomfort with a narrowing of his burning red eyes. Many thoughts ran through his head. The one most concerning was the fact he would have to leave some of his wargear behind. Jump packs and close quarters do not always mix well together.

Upon hearing the vessel was of older design the figure steps forward, the light cast from the holo-terminal illuminating the symbol of the Fire Drake on his knee pads identifying him as a Salamander. The double helix on his right shoulder pladron identifying he as an Apothecary. Mag-clamped to his waist are a set of intricately crafted Lighting Claws. The middle of the palm showing two hole and an ignition source. A black helmet tucked underneath his right arm. The armor is black with a sliver arm. The only things idenitfying him as a Salamander are the designs on the armor, a number of designs of Fire and, the legendary beast native to his home planet of Prometheus, the Fire Drake, and the green and black right shoulder pad.

"Inquisitor, what is our time limit for this mission?" Magron asks.

#13 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Zio taps at a datapad that he produces from inside of his great coat. "I do not foresee time being an issue, the ship is does not appear to be in danger of drifting from its current position, nor does the damage be causing any additional destabilization within the hull. I entrust that you will be speedy in resolving this matter, but there is no pressing component of time. Finding the answers is what is most important."

Posted Image

#14 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Thrax turns to the Librarian.

"I am NOT your brother Witch. I am honor bound by my oath to the Deathwatch to serve at your side but I will not suffer your heretical voice calling me BROTHER."

Thrax's next response seems to be addressed at nobody in particular.

"The damage to the craft is far to extensive to identify it completely but the ship definitely predates the 35th Millennium"

#15 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:24 PM

Varian turns to face Templar.

"Easy now, we're all on the same team."

#16 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

removes his helm.

"The Emperor is my father. Is he not yours? Brother or not I will protect you like you were my own brethren. As I would for any of you."

Looks around the rest of them as if waiting for anyone else to to object to him.

#17 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Thrax glares at Varian.

"Yes, we are. That is the reason the Witch still lives."

Then he turns toward the Librarian.

"I will protect you as well. I have made an oath and I shall keep it. However, you stopped being my Brother the moment you decided to embrace the powers of the Warp."

"If..."

Thrax turns back toward the holoimage and goes silent.

#18 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:50 PM

Thadios ignores the bickering of the other marines, understanding the differences but knowing that each is vital to success. With his helm mag-locked to his hip, he studies the scans of the ship. Stepping forward snapping to attention, 'Inquisitor, do we have a layout of the ship on hand? Where will we make entry into the ship? If it floated in the warp are there any concerns of it re-entering? If any survivors are located how should we handle, exterminate or recover?'

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#19 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:01 PM

"By not know what ship it actually is, we can only speculate on the schematics. I can have a copy of standard Strike Cruiser blueprints loaded on a datapad for your use. Though between the age of the ship and the damage it has sustained I am unsure of how much use it will be." Zio states keying in his orders to requisition the datapad.

"As for your point of entry." He points to a point on the holographic display. "Due to the stability of the ship, and our scans of the damage it has suffered the starboard hanger appears to be intact and is the recommended place for your landing."

"In regards to the ship itself, I see no reason that it would be able to translate into the warp again." Zio says. "Unless you find evidence on board to suggest that the crew, or whatever now is aboard, will activate the warp drive it should be safe. All systems on board are powered down, and I question whether they are even salvageable due to the devastation."

"Survivors. I leave that to your discretion. The crew is the least of my concern. I am more interested in what this vessel is, where it came from, and why it is here now." He waves his hands. "Save them, kill them, leave them, it matters not. Just know that without radio contact if you choose to save any survivors you find, you have only the one Thunderhawk."

Posted Image

#20 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:08 PM

"If we are ready to depart, I shall go prepare the Thunderhawk"

Change Theme!