Photo

Transformers vs. Space marines

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Who would win in this scenario? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Who would win in this scenario?

1. Transformers (3 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

2. Adeptus Astartes (14 votes [70.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

3. Inconclusive (3 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

Vote

#21 Doomdrinker1

Doomdrinker1

Brother Icarus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 09:59 PM

[quote='Lord Hugo01' pid='156466' dateline='1368254197']
If there are planet sized transformers then the space marine have the oribtal bombardment for that job. Remm the lore of the da they bombarded it so much it it split the planet into. I mean the space marines wood just field lascannons as they are anti armor weapons
I know transormers come in different shapes n sizes but astartes still have I tink.
[/quote]

thats all good when ur dropping bombs on a planet that has no orbital defences but ur talking about a lilving thinking machine u think its gonna let u sit in orbit around it and drop bombs on it?
[/quote]

Well that's all good but you think the planets they destroy from orbit don't have defenses they would target any defenses first. Also the necrons had a planet sized ship but they still got destroyed by orbital bombardments and don't try and say that they have no orbital defenses.
Posted Image

#22 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 12:57 AM

lmao im not saying they dont i just skipped the part about haveing to knock them out first i think itd be very different when attacking something that big that can transform into something completley different than a planet
Posted Image

#23 xvZOKvx

xvZOKvx

~Space Wolves~ DeathWolves WolfLord

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Xbox Live:xvZOKvx
  • PSN:xvUPRISINGvx
  • Social Groups:Space Wolves

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Transformers hands down they'll transform into land raiders, predators, ect totally throw a space marine off then jump on him , tripticon, metroplex run them selves it takes hundreds of humans to run a Titan so hands down transformers!!!!
Posted Image

#24 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

What you have to take into account though is that transformers may have better capabilities, but space marines have pure weight of numbers plus massive amounts of supplies that is unending. What wins a war is not how much men you have or weapons, its how much bullets you can through at the enemy.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#25 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

What you have to take into account though is that transformers may have better capabilities, but space marines have pure weight of numbers plus massive amounts of supplies that is unending. What wins a war is not how much men you have or weapons, its how much bullets you can through at the enemy.

Excuse me but im going to be blatent here. FALSE. Tactics > numbers. Numbers do have a quality all of their own, but out manuevering, ambushing, and overall strategy will beat a blind hoard every time.

To get on track with the thread. I would say it will be a very hard fought battle. The transformers in all likely hood would copy all the space marine vehicles and could possibly copy weapons as well. Plus some of the autobot stuff is technically superior to Imperium stuff. The main thing that I see is that the Space marines as a whole are a lot more flexible than the autobots are. The different chapters all working together would be an extremely stong and decentralized network.
On the other hand, Optimus and Megatron are what holds the respective factions together. Without them, in all likely hood the transformers would crumble, unless all united by the conscioussness of cybertron itself. I see space marine being far superior in infiltration and assassaination mission, which would cripple the autobots. I dont think optimus prime or megetron can survie 10 sudden las-cannons to the face, or several meltaguns just popping up.

Essentially, it comes down to leadership, which is why I think the Astartes would win.

Also, side note, transformer titans besides metroplex and tyrannicon, would BE AWESOME.
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#26 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

lol transformers could never join the space marines:-p if it isnt a space marine or human it gets killed right?

I would love to see a optimus prime servitor haha

I say Space Marines would win because of the fact that space marines have chaos gods and the emporer but I would root for the Transformers :-p

Better fight: Grimlock VS Abbadon the Destroyer :D
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#27 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

thatd b one for the ages my moneys on abbadon
Posted Image

#28 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

It does work. The civil war, union troops had all the industry therefore they could manufacture munitions more rapidly, and the confederacy had almost no means of taking care of that. Second World War Two, Germany was constantly bombed causing tem to lose mass amounts of industry, therefore they could replace tanks or other critical munitions for the war effort. There others as well but those are the two main. Basically it comes down to industry.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

Change Theme!