21 replies to this topic

#1 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 05:01 PM

OK i havent ever played TT so could someone inform me how points would work on this? I want to get this next tournament going in the next 2 weeks.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#2 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

what is TT?
Posted Image

#3 ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts
  • Xbox Live:ICE JARL
  • Steam:bjorn_ironskull
  • Social Groups:Ice Wolves

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

It's essentially a tactical only tournament. Not sure how it would work in difference to other tourneys, but i'm well up for entering the ice wolves.

5a0878d3-1001-44ce-8a24-7d2530b2cb82_zps

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:33 AM

You want to take Heavy Bolters if it's infantry only. If dedicated transports are allowed then take Plasma Cannons (can kill Transports and hurt infantry).

As for the special weapon, Flamer and Plasma Gun are both useful. Flamer is great if you're going to ahve to deal with melee units (eg Blood Claw Space Wolves) but Plasma Gun can insta-kill 3+ save models

Just read later comments are realized that Spec has used the acronym for TableTop to describe a Tactical-Tournament hence my weird and offtopic post there.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#5 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:13 AM

OK i havent ever played TT so could someone inform me how points would work on this? I want to get this next tournament going in the next 2 weeks.

if the organizer himself doesn't even understand the point system, why do it at all, it will most likely be easier to just set weapon, perk, and class limits than to do it based on points.

INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!

#6 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

if the organizer himself doesn't even understand the point system, why do it at all, it will most likely be easier to just set weapon, perk, and class limits than to do it based on points.

Well im not retarted vulkan:-p i dont think a point system would be too hard to understand. Is there an actually ruleset for the points or do people just make shit up as they go?:-p in that case yeah ill just set limits.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#7 ogreninja

ogreninja

dark sorcerer of the night lords

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:46 AM

just set limits on perks and weapons since you've already stated its a tactical only tournament itll be easier for everyone to understand rather than trying to point it up like tt
@ baneofdaemons TT= tabletop.
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

give them nothing, but take from them everything

#8 ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

as a thought, you could use the same rules, and scoring system from your previous tourney. the only other restriction would be class (tactical only) and with it being a 5V5, then it shouldn't be an issue to follow. personally, i would make an all- out ban on certain perks (eg; rapid deploy/ master crafted wargear/ larriman's blessing) that will also ensure that commanders (myself included) will have to think about their tactics more, and thus making the tourney more interesting.

#9 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:47 AM

Your going to run into the problem of the fact VL's dont exist in table top....
Posted Image

#10 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

Your going to run into the problem of the fact VL's dont exist in table top....

We already dealt with that problem for a previously proposed Tactical Only Tournament. We said that VL's were archeotech wargear only usable by the Sergeant of the squad :)

Spec, there's a large thread somewhere where we nutted this out as a collective bunch of nerds. I'll try find it for you tomorrow, right now it's Midnight, I'm soaked through and just spent the last 8 hours playing Warhammer Invasion :D

cruSig2.jpg

#11 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:10 PM

forgive if i sound stupid but r u trying to do this on the s.m. video game or set up a T.T. game?
Posted Image

#12 JACCX023

JACCX023

Guardian of the kitchen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:55 AM

hes doing it for the space marine game man :D wich i think its an awsome idea! but yes do have some weapon and perks restrictions

just an idea how about if you get 10 guys and start testing stuff like if it is a 5man squad of marines then they can only get 1-2 special weapons right? try to see how much diference does uhhh lets say one guy armed with a melta gun and another with a plasma gun accompanied by 3 guys armed with only regular bolters how well they fare against their enemy team and viceversa that way people would really have to think in to who of their people will play with the special weapons
A true warrior is never afraid to employ more unconventional tatics!
Posted Image

#13 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:07 AM

or taking what jaccx has said if its a 5v5 tactical squad tourney then 4 have regular bolters and the squad leader gets to choose their weapons out from say storm/twin bolter, plasmagun or meltagun, or even doing it as all having bolters only but just with some sort of a limited ban on perks maybe.
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

#14 ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

The problem you have then, is super bolter sniping. Every weapon is designed to counter the others. But a restriction on weapons and perks would work to prevent the spamming of said weapons and perks eg; 1x melta, no improved charge. 1x storm bolter, no improved twin link. 1x plasma gun, no enlarged chamber, 2x bolter, either targeter or kraken bolts but never both. No rapid deploy, master crafted wargear or favour of the armoury. This is just an example (it even screws me out of my own preffered loadouts)

#15 trophicmocha

trophicmocha

Supreme Sorcerer Lord of the Thousand Sons

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

I am not a fan or believer of limiting the use of perks as what was the point of putting them in the game in the first place but as I said before all bolters with some form of limited perk limitation on it.
Fulgrim is our Lord, Slaanesh is our master, free your senses

#16 SeperateTitan

SeperateTitan

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:31 PM

We all have been playing this game for a very long time my friends. All of us know what is overpowered and what isnt., i propose this for the sake of debate. I would make it a no perks tourney also i would completely discard the vl. Secound i would limt the amount of plasma guns and stalker bolters, becuase with no perks these two can clear a battlefield very easily. This only food for thought fellas but i think it should be consider.

#17 Da Dealer

Da Dealer

Dark Angel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

I say no restrictions on weapon/perks, if u can't beat something with ur current loadout than just switch it up
This is going to get ugly:huh:

#18 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

My 2c here is to point out that ASM and Devs balance out some of the Tac perks and weapons, so by taking away those classes you can severely unbalance the game. Limiting perks (aside from dual weapon and master nade) is a real pain to ensure no one cheats, so it'd be better just restricting weapons and banning dual weapon.

Anyway as promised here's the previous thread on the subject: http://www.gothicwar...d.php?tid=11140

cruSig2.jpg

#19 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:17 AM

just get rid of all the perks and leave the weapons open (just tac weopons of course) and have a pure tac tournament
Posted Image

#20 ICE JARL (bjorn_ironskull)

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

So, do I take it that this tournament idesa has fizzled out, or can I get my guys entered into their first tournament??

Change Theme!