• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:21 PM

lol ajar:-p

remember
different tourney
different cm
different rules

Anything that was in the previous tourney has nothing to do with this one. Space wolves have declared only using 5 people according to the rules so we're going to respect that.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#22 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:29 PM

Those rules were not declared by the cm, but by cru and they were not declared ahead of time but after the fact... This is more, make up the rules as we go basis.

Im not saying I care im just pointing it out that, that is exactly what is happening. These are not written out subcontexts to the generally stated rules thus the owner of the website picks what he feels is most appropriate when a situation arises.

which can become issues because the decision will favor one side and if you had went into depth about the actual rules themselves we wouldn't be in this predicament in the first place but alas those whom form the rules didnt think to deeply into everything that could possible happen nor post on it to prevent situations from happening. :D
Posted Image

#23 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:34 PM

Okay Spec, and that post was not directed towards you since you were not CM of the last tournament. I was just hoping to see some continuity/standards in the big rules that govern tournaments but I guess that's too much to expect. I have no interest in disrespecting the rules of the tournament, but its just a bit frustrating since we've had 8 people practicing and now 3 people won't even get to play (kind of how the Space Wolves felt last tournament I bet, and we wound up having to be forced to 8v8).

Looking forward to the 5v5 I guess...

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#24 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 10:41 PM

Just a note people, I made a slight mistake in an earlier post which I will now go back and correct (I'll score out the mistake and rewrite underneath).

Instead of it being 24 hours to notify of a number restriction for any round, the site rules are actually 3 days. After Rom prompted me to check em I have copied the rules from the DLC Tourny into the OP below Specs rules. These are the rules that Skotten, Rom, Reaper and I banged out back in the DLC Tournament for those still wondering where they came from.

To save you scrolling back, I'll add em here too;

Spoiler

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#25 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Then technically Skotten just un-forfieted with less than 3 days notice and posted numbers if we want to be technical he could or could not actually do that because my boys have been given less than 3 days notice and our last notice was a forfeit?

I mean I want to play your guys old 5 man A-team but i want it as a proper chapter match not a one shot ctf on waist management. I know you guys have more than 5 im not retarded. If you want our proper 5v5 finally that me and dee have been pushing for, for quite a while now then do it in a traditional fashion. Best 2 out of 3 normal chapter match style. Not a last minute curve ball that even I was not allowed to use in the last tourney.

My men stopped training for this because of a declared forfeit and to be thrown the fight of our lives which we have been waiting for, for some time to which you even kicked deesodee out of your chapter over at the last minute on a map and game type to which we would have neither picked and to some degree is favorable for the wolves in a "you have 1 chance battle". I find to be a bit slighted.

if you want our long awaited 5v5 then fine, do it on a normal chapter match set up we can even do it before the actual tourney match. But if i was not allowed to pull a fast one then neither are you. I know its not intentionally but regardless, we stopped training because you said you quit. Now to bring the most favorable conditions less than 3 days out when my men haven't trained in over 24 hours because a pack leader said otherwise is kind of jacked up.

Just sayen.
Posted Image

#26 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:55 AM

At prompting from some people I've read over this thread and also the following heated thread from the Oct DLC tournament which prompted the rules for the 3 day numbers restriction.

http://www.gothicwar...ad.php?tid=8408

The following is how I view the situation:

• Bjorn forfeited outside the 3 day window
  • Skotten unforfeited within the 3 day window
  • Skotten restricted the player numbers for this and all SW tournament matches within the 3 day window
Now, it's not a simple yes/no answer for those seeking it.

Bjorn is not listed an Officer or XO on here (regardless of his actual position within The SWs), so Skotten's reply counts as the accurate one of the two regardless of time given due to our site rules regarding XOs, Officers and Leaders; meaning The Wolves never actually pulled out, therefore they are allowed to play.

However Skotten announced his restriction within the 3 day window, therefore it does not count for THIS round. His announcement is perfectly valid for all future rounds. He has the option to forfeit, play with 8 players, play 5v8 or to negotiate an agreement with the DAs.

For those confused by the timezone math, this is how I calculated it. (Key: GMT - NZ Time)

9pm Sat 20th - 8am Sun = 0 days
9pm Fri 19th - 8am Sat = 1 day
9pm Thurs 18th - 8am Fri = 2 days
7.20am Thurs 18th - 6.20pm Thurs = Skottens Post
9pm Wed 17th - 8am Thur = 3 days

cruSig2.jpg

#27 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:49 AM

Crucias, technically the wolves shouldnt be entered in the tourney because it was in fact bjorn who signed them up. Frankly i dont care (and i dont think rom does either) about that and would rather fight them than not. Just brought it up because of the technical nature of your post.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#28 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:59 AM

Crucias, technically the wolves shouldnt be entered in the tourney because it was in fact bjorn who signed them up. Frankly i dont care (and i dont think rom does either) about that and would rather fight them than not. Just brought it up because of the technical nature of your post.

You are correct; Skotten went inactive due to very good personal reasons, thus leaving them without a Leader/Spokesperson assigned on here. He's patched that up now and it's far less confusing.

Anyway, good luck to both teams in the game

cruSig2.jpg

#29 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

Wow i havent looked at this in a few days but it is now perfectly clear why it is so hard to set up anything fun as far as a tournament goes! Just let all this little bullshit go! Just let the cards fall were they may. Fuck the rules and regulations there is no real way to administer them anyways. If a team is short people thats there problem, if a team cheats then oh well! Stop trying to make this so damn official it will never work that way the only way your going to get more people to play is to keep it simple all the this bullshit makes people not wanna deal with it. Its just not worth it! So just let it go in the end no matter what u do there is allways gonna be the people who shouldve won if it hadnt been for this or for that. Just let it go and the people who are really committed to the game will enjoy and apprectiate it and keep playing, the ones who dont because they cant except the fact that they lost will stop. The only way to make everything fair for everyone is to allow everyone to win which isnt an option
Posted Image

#30 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:49 AM

Yeah bane i would like to play just an 8v8 anything goes tournament but there are rules to this tourney and we have to accept them. If you want to have a tournament without rules then set one up. As far as i know were allowed to do that in the member competitions or whatever.

#31 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:45 PM

Yeah bane i would like to play just an 8v8 anything goes tournament but there are rules to this tourney and we have to accept them. If you want to have a tournament without rules then set one up. As far as i know were allowed to do that in the member competitions or whatever.

Yup If you have a a killer idea for a tourney then you can run on it yourself. But that's a discussion for another thread

cruSig2.jpg

#32 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:28 PM

Im not about to try and start a tournament no would care :P Look at all of this the tournament hasnt even started and allready people are bitchin its ridiculous
Posted Image

#33 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:16 PM

Yeah people are bitching when there are rules. Imagine how much they will bitch when there's no rules. The people who can glitch and spam the best will determine the winner.

Please stop saying that I cant administer or enforce these rules. Your basically saying I cant do my job and your about to piss me off. When someone fucks up I will know about it(I always do) and i will either disqualify or make them restart the match depending on the seriousness of the situation.

That being said people please stop trying to nit pick the rules and try to find a way around them. Understand why they are there, respect them, and focus on your battle.

I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#34 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

Spec i am in no way trying to say that u cant do ur job im glad u got the postion and really like the tournament u have set up (and u have my full support and im not trying to kiss ur ass). That was basically addressed to the people who are bitching and nit picking over the details and i agree with u they need to stop trying to find a way around them and focus on the up comeing battle :)
Posted Image

#35 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:42 PM

romulius stop fucking gesturing and using excuses, stopped training??? how many hours did you "stop training" for and looks like you are the ones trying to avoid the fight in the wave of bullshit from you and ajar on here, you don't care so what you are just stirring shit instead then?

and kicked dee over a match? man your head is so far up your arse you have now idea what is going on outside your own fantasy island do you....

we will try and field an 8 versus the DA out of respect
for the rules NOT your bitching romulous, and after playing some of your guys in public it's obvious why you want to max the plasma pistol, most wolves still are not interested in playing a lag fest match but that's the draw
Postad bild

#36 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:45 PM

YAY! MORE DRAMA! POPCORN TIME! :D

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#37 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:48 PM

Lag fest match? I sure do remember your bitching when I pulled this last tourney and fyi I did get wind from multiple reliable sources that you were just trying to bring your old tourney team out and leave the rest out of the tourney. Im not daft. I was not allowed to do this last tourney when i tried only fielding 5.

Yea max p-pistols. Just like your entire team ran rapid redeploy last time we played an 8v8 in the publics thus forcing us too to compensate for your spam. Get real, you guys use mass of certian weapons and perks as well and we get the same lag you do. Dont be a hypocrite.
Posted Image

#38 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:50 PM

See this is what im talking about! Children with their head so far up their ass it ruins it for everyone! Enjoy the tournament and respect the rules if u cant do that then bow out with ur honor intact instead of bickering over bullshit like a bunch of children
Posted Image

#39 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:52 PM

Calm down bane! Let them bicker, I like the entertainment. :)

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#40 BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

BANEofDAEMONS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:55 PM

lmao i am calm (so dont taze me) but ur right the entertainment is good so lets see where this goes :P
Posted Image

Change Theme!