32 replies to this topic

#1 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:18 PM

OK so i have 2 more tourney ideas which probably wasnt my own but ive heard the first one from many people

3v3 tourney

Chapter masters vs Champions(i really like the idea of this one)
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#2 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:19 PM

I mentoined 3v3 tourneys months ago damn it :) lol

But yeah man that be awesome.
Cm vs champions woukd be good that coukd be quite eventful as well. There some good cm n champions. So that would be good. Good idea.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#3 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:21 PM

3v3 Bolt Pistol only tourney :P.

eB3ZWV8.jpg

#4 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

Last time I was in a leader vs champion tourney my XO Palin beat the shit out of me :D

Trust me, they are really fun.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#5 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Lol I think im the only one in deathwatch to beat Bio:-p and that took me 5 continuous 1v1's to do it lol plus its for the lulz and maybe we could create some more bling for it haha
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:24 PM

How about a "winners remain standing" tournament? Randomly assign people into a 8v8 Annihilation game. Top 8 K/D remain, others eliminated, repeat. At the end of X rounds, the people who lasted the longest win?

Would allow you to completely mix up chapters so everyone is fighting for themselves only, but need to support their impromptu team to win

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#7 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

Another champion tourny, or a Chapter master vs Champion.

But the 3v3 sounds awesome.

Posted Image

#8 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

What about a 5v5 tourny where you are in a sense a 5 man tactical squad from the table top. Meaning that there would be no weapons versatility perks so everyone would only carry one weapon and you can only have a limited number of specialty weapons like one melta or one heavy weapons man. you guys know how a tactical squad works in table top so the rules are pretty self explanatory.
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!

#9 Jimmywipit23

Jimmywipit23

Black Dragons High CHAPLAIN!!!!!

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

man i like the sound of that tactical squad vs tactical squad am in
Black Dragon Rising!!!!
Posted Image

#10 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:52 PM

I like this tactical squad idea, and maybe to expand on it a little assign point values to each weapon (and maybe open it up to other classes i dunno) and have a point limit. For Example:

500 points limit
Bolter = 50 points
Melta = 200 points
Stalker = 125 points
Plasma gun = 150 points
Storm = 125 points
Lascannon = 200 points (assuming devies open)
Hammer = 300 points (assuming assaults open)
etc.

You could even add point values to perks such as master crafted grenades being 50 points extra or something similar. You would also have to list your team layout prior to the match and no one would be allowed to switch classes but I think it would make for a pretty interesting and fun game. It would also take a lot of time in finding the right balance for points, but if done right I think it can be pretty awesome.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#11 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:00 AM

We have had a champion tourney so why not just a chaptermaster tourney? Or a tourney that unaffiliated community members can get in?

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:05 AM

You couldn't use the Hammer Ajar because you would have to get the jump pack as well.

• Pick only 1x 1 of the below
    • Heavy Bolter
    • Lascannon
    • Plasma Cannon
  • Pick only 1x 1 of the below
    • Meltagun
    • Plasma Gun
  • Limit 1 - cannot be carried by player with any of the above
    • Plasma Pistol

Stalker Bolter is a Scout Weapon (Telion fluff), and the VL isn't in the codex - if you assume it's rare as buggery then it's Command Squad only.

We're also ignoring the rule that you cannot take a Heavy &/ Special Weapon until you number 10 marines

cruSig2.jpg

#13 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

yes crucias has the right idea, the way i envisioned it was that it would be like a tactical squad like the table top version. but i don't know i thought the idea would be cool that's all.

#14 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:12 AM

Yeah that makes more sense, sorry I don't really know too much about the space marine table top codex (I only play Necrons) or the fluff. I was just suggesting a sample point system not based on tabletop.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#15 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:22 AM

Postad bild

Man I'm so excited now for this idea. Spec you better make this happen or....

Postad bild

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:34 AM

If this is going to happen we will need to alter the points costs of things for two reasons:

• Listing points costs is against GW terms and conditions and therefore ours
  • Balance on TT isn't the same as balance in-game

I would also recommend that we either make this mixed chapter squads, or allow multiple squads from the same chapter but limit A-Team formations. It seems pointless to do all this work in balancing out the points for weapons and organizing a tournament if hardly anyone gets to play; by that I mean that some chapters have upwards of 40 members but only 8-15 generally get to participate.

cruSig2.jpg

#17 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:42 AM

wait why would points be involved at all i was just thinking that the rules would just be based of what the tactical's can and can not carry. like your above post where you just list the weapons and the quantity in which they can be fielded. you know to keep it as simple as possible. But I do like the idea of multiple squads per chapter so more people can play.

#18 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

Well if we just went with limits then there ain't any problem. If we went with limits then we'd be assigning points to perks as well.

Limits is far easier and is much easier to spot cheaters

cruSig2.jpg

#19 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 01:59 AM

yeah i like the idea of limits, its simpler and easier to follow. And like you said easier to spot people not following the rules. But as far as limiting perks, the only perk i would think that would need to be limited would be master crafted grenades. I say this because they are weapons just like bolters and such, well specialty weapons actually, and not every tactical carries around master crafted war gear

#20 Jimmywipit23

Jimmywipit23

Black Dragons High CHAPLAIN!!!!!

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

i agree with crucias on this i hope this get done soon sounds like heaps of fun
Black Dragon Rising!!!!
Posted Image

Change Theme!