Photo

Advice appreciated

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

Ok so back story. I have gone through all my bits n pieces and managed to scrap together the following:

Abaddon
Fabius bile
Lucious
Ahriman
Chaos lord
3 sorcerers

30 chaos marines
10 terminators
5 raptors/warp talons
1 obliterator
1 rhino
1 chaos dreadnought

So out of what I have what would be the best use for them say around 1500/2000 mark? Any help appreciated
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:57 PM

Well avoid abaddon like the plague. He's expensive and not that great.

You have to use all of the lower half, and I would suggest you use the Sorcs and Ahriman because psychic powers can kick arse.

Major things to think about:

1) You have no flyers
2) You have no Anti-tank (1 Obliterator isn't going to cut it)
3) Might want more Rapters so the squad can soak wounds

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:00 PM

Unfortunately I have no funds so have to try make do with what I have.
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:06 PM

May I suggest then you avoid full games? Try playing scout and killteam - they're also my favourites :D

Scout is 750 points, no Elites, Heavy Support or Flyers

Killteam is Commander + 200 Points of Elites

cruSig2.jpg

#5 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:25 AM

right ive made a little army list for ya for the 900 mark (bog standered game in local shop)

Chaos Lord
Veterans of the Long War
Power weapon
Sigil of corruption (4+ inv)

3 chaos terminators
3 power fists

Chaos space marines
Additional units (15)
Melta gun
flamer
close combat weapons

chaos space marines
Additional units (4)
close combat weapons
Rhino

Obliterator

Hope this helps you othrim the reason one squad has 9 marines in it is so the Lord can pile in the rhino with them incase you were wondering lol. I will say though when you get the funds together i would get khorne berzerkers and put them in the rhino with a Lord and then progress to a preadator or some other varient of tank depending on your combat style if you want to rush your enemy get a land raider if you prefere range get a defiler thats all i can say
Posted Image

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:30 AM

One of the things you MUST realise about Arioks list is that you're expensive linebreakers don't have ablative wounds. In the current version of 40K it's all about weight of fire that can be thrown and absorbed.

Your troop choices are solid, just make sure to keep the Termies and Obliterator positioned in places where they can deal damage, but not have to absorb as much. I'd actually recommend dropping the Termies and picking the Dreadnought and doing a suicide-nought tactic (aka Bob). The entire enemy will shit themselves and fire at this dreadnought, saving your troops as they haul ass across the map.

I had Bob (my dreadnought) absorb an entire turn of shooting from Necrons before finally succumbing to a lucky roll for the last Warrior squad.

cruSig2.jpg

#7 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Hate to piss on the parade a bit, but you might want to remove the specific points cost things from your post Ariock and leave total costs for the unit. Apparently games workshop can get pissy about that.

Otherwise, I can't really think of anything to add. Ebay is your friend if you want stuff fast and cheap and don't mind too much about quality (easy way of getting cheap armour ;))

#8 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:09 PM

oki doke ill remove the points then and yes i do like my line breaking you should see my big game lists :D. And yes Ebay is your friend i got my land raider from their
Posted Image

#9 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:15 PM

It's nothing personal obvs, but I've heard of GW going to sites like Dakkadakka and threatening lawsuits. Just trying to keep Cru from having a heart attack :P

I've heard Helldrakes are pretty sweet for chaos. Obliterators are still cool too.

#10 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 10:02 PM

I didn't think of that actually. I've been preoccupied by other things, you may have some idea >"<

Helldrakes are utter BS, that vectored strike crap is ugh. Explain to me how a flyer can physically rend a squad that is standing in a copse of dense tall trees?! It would whack into them and blow the fuck up!

cruSig2.jpg

#11 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:13 AM

you might want to remove the specific points cost things from your post Ariock and leave total costs for the unit. Apparently games workshop can get pissy about that

Soo...let me get this straight...not only do they make the rules impossible (yes, I HATE this edition...I was happy with 3rd edition...that's how far back I go 40k wise)...they now have to clamp down on EVERYONE from appreciating their product unless they have been paid 20x over in gold? That's no way to treat a fanbase....but I digress

Helldrakes are utter BS, that vectored strike crap is ugh. Explain to me how a flyer can physically rend a squad that is standing in a copse of dense tall trees?! It would whack into them and blow the fuck up!

Maybe they have the surgical precision to attack like a dragon? Maybe? I don't really know

I haven't touched my Space Wolves since I painted Lukas...I prob have enough for a kill team and little else. I would play ya Othrim but for a lil thing know as the pond :)

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#12 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 16 April 2013 - 03:57 AM

One of the things you MUST realise about Arioks list is that you're expensive linebreakers don't have ablative wounds. In the current version of 40K it's all about weight of fire that can be thrown and absorbed.
The entire enemy will shit themselves and fire at this dreadnought, saving your troops as they haul ass across the map.

I've been a but behind in the editions lately seeing as I don't possess the funds to update my rule book, but based on that description, my armies ready to go. I pretty much built it out just for that purpose, I may possess a copious amount of elites and some badass HQ chooses but mostly they soak up firepower, while my tac squads mop up, but lately I lack enough transport to move all my tacs, so I big down in the best cover and get to, and let the fire spread. Six thousand points of heavy weapons and bolters really takes a toll when my opponent tries to close with my front lines. Lately I've noticed it works well with most other armies that excel mostly in close combat rather than shooting, but that is to be expected. Only there was a bad incident with demons, which I had never played before, and I opted to ignore them while my friends space marine army advanced upon me. Biggest mistake ever. The demon army swept my right flank and obliterated my devastators when I tried to position them on the high ground, and completely slaughtered my assault marines as they tried to stem the tide of daemonettes. Pretty soon the had taken my center and right flank, which left what was left trying to fend off two armies, and what was left was about two tac squads a predator with a destroyed weapon, and an immobilized venerable dreadnought. Fought like hell, and died well. But lets get back to the point based on what you've got, you can't do much, you've got some elites, troops, but very little transport, which means your fish in a barrel where ever you are, but you've got some good HQ chooses, which you need to use to your a advantage.

Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

Change Theme!