Photo

Was playing Rome Total War a while back....

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#41 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

Haven't got Empire total war =/ Don't know if Laptop can handle it =P

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#42 Ziet

Ziet

Guardian of the Great Angel's Tomb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts
  • Xbox Live:reponinja666
  • Steam:ziet666
  • NDS Friend Code:1736-0763-4494

Posted 11 April 2013 - 01:25 AM

Well today was fun for the Brits in Rome total war. 50 Armies capture Rome while another 50 attacked 50 cities at the same time
Posted Image

#43 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:27 PM

Really you should become a Khornate Chaos Lord.... =D

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#44 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:06 AM

hmmm.... one of the few things i enjoyed about about the alexander expainsion was sacking cities and moving on. OPPA MONGOL STYLE. (You may now smack me.)

How many cities have you guys sacked?

Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#45 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:11 AM

Rarely sack cities. Might enslave some near the start of a game so that I can get my main cities a boost and exterminating populace I only do when a team pisses me off or I am unable to contain the population without a show of power =D

#46 Ziet

Ziet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:03 PM

0 cities sacked. I always exterminate the populace. Every city taken gives me more military production centers :D.

In Rome Total war I basically worship Khorne since I'm always on the warpath :D

Posted Image

#47 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:18 PM

So do you ever lose a city?

I am just thinking about if you ever lose a city after exterminating it then retake it then exterminate it again its going to have very little population left =P

#48 Ziet

Ziet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

when I first started playing a lost plenty of cities, nowadays i rarely lose one since I keep enough troops to defend each city (4 units of a decent fighting unit). In the event of a siege of one of my cities, I'll pull nearby troops to save the city. With Rome it's usually 4 units of Legionnaires.
Posted Image

#49 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:32 PM

Fill a city with Archers and if they don't get any tunnellers or siege equipment that is mobile the walls are unable to be taken when you basically block out the sun with a new sun of Flame arrows! =D

Used it against Mongolians. They had a massive army attacking one my cities in the Middle East. It was filled with many different types of archers. So the best/possibly best Sherwood Archers just brought in from Nottingham, Retinue Longbows and some Longbows all there. Arrows were just flying into Siege Towers, rams and the walls were too big for ladders.

The battle lasted for ages. Had it on fastest speed. Muted laptop and watched TV checking on the battle from time to time. They got a like three rams next to the gate but were all on fire when they got close =P

Was a nice match and stopped the Mongolians. Bulk of their force was defeated. I then had reinforcements arrive with lots of English Knights, Family Members, Feudal Knights, MORE ARCHERS and then some gunpower weapons like Cannons =)

Destroyed all of the Mongolians. The group after the Mongolians that arrives seems to have Bombard Elephants which destroys everything.... Massive armies of the English's best wiped out....

#50 Ziet

Ziet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:12 AM

Nice I need to get Medieval installed again
Posted Image

#51 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:47 AM

Well near the end of the game Archers aren't as good as Gun Powder units =/

Still it takes ages for the computer to actually train a lot of them so you are basically fine.

#52 Ziet

Ziet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:52 AM

I never liked gunpowder units but thats just me lol.
Posted Image

#53 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 05:19 AM

Take far too long to get... Like replacing your entire army when you own most of the world. Takes far too long....

#54 Ziet

Ziet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

agreed
Posted Image