#1 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

brother of the legion of the damned

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

We have been discussing some idea to chuck out there and bring sometink new to the idea. So zok cam up with this idea and we helped to cam up n get it sorted so here the idea is.

Army of three:
3 members from a chapter form a sqaud.
But these are the rules.
The members must one of the each class so:
1 tactical
1 assault
1 devy
Each persons declates what class they will be, that person must stay as that class through the whole game if someone changes class that team will be dissqaulified.
Maps can be arena on mamifactorum and chapter master or mods can watch the game to caltirify the scores so no wrong scores are posted also they can be resonible for watching the guys to see if any changes class.
Each one can use any weapons or perks.
But this will be played on annihilation maps.
Each chapter can put in a sqaud or can how many the organiser can put in.

This is just an idea but can be modified to the community but zok cam up with some of us helped the idea to evlove the idea.

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#2 TechGerhard

TechGerhard

Cannon Fodder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:46 PM

I like it. Sounds good.
Posted Image

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:28 AM

I tried to do this once upon a time, all the herpaderps herpaderped about it. With them all gone now it stands a chance of working and I still believe this to be a true test of skill. Pick your tactics and loadout before the game, and deal with the outcome. In TT or real war you cannot just change gear anytime it's convenient.

Talk to Spec

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

Well hopefully spec will see it cos my phone playing abit cant copy n paste n dont want to write all age cos it takes ages thru my phone but hope fully it could be called three misket marines or sometink ( like three musketeers ) lol

their armour was coloured black and upon it was drawn chilling images of bones and fire, and on their helm they bore skulls... Like the bones of men in the torment of purgatory they were, and yet not a sound did they make... 

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Well hopefully spec will see it cos my phone playing abit cant copy n paste n dont want to write all age cos it takes ages thru my phone but hope fully it could be called three misket marines or sometink ( like three musketeers ) lol

If you have an Android you can get an OTG cable and plug in a USB Keyboard btw. That's how I survived without my PC.

Spec should see this thread; actually I'll move it to the right place too

cruSig2.jpg

#6 LeadCrazySam

LeadCrazySam

Hero of #GothicWars

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

That and you got a keyboard to do all my work. :P

Posted Image

#7 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:38 AM

I like the idea although i do have a couple of remarks.

1) allow mixed chapter teams
2) allow people to change class but make sure there is no more than 1 per class. This wojld require 2 or 3 teammates to be dead at once and it can be messy making sure there arent duplicates, so your baseline idea is still good for simpicity's sake.

Just my $0.02

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:11 AM

2) allow people to change class but make sure there is no more than 1 per class. This wojld require 2 or 3 teammates to be dead at once and it can be messy making sure there arent duplicates, so your baseline idea is still good for simpicity's sake.

That makes for a lot of added complexity and "oops we didn't mean to have 2 AMs" /innocent moments. People will use it to abuse the rules

cruSig2.jpg

#9 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:44 AM

Yes it is a logistic pain in the ass, i wish there was a better way to enforce it.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#10 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:59 AM

Yes it is a logistic pain in the ass, i wish there was a better way to enforce it.

Yep, would be wonderful. Luckily it's Specs problem - sucker :D

cruSig2.jpg

#11 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:51 AM

Well thats why each person stays obe class so u dont have moments like that. But they can stay the same class but can change weapons n perks just cant change class.
Also personally I dont like mixed teams with different chapters. In my eyes its about one chapter getting reconigition for winning not three. I neva been a fan of mixed teamsbit I cant say why people ask for it tho. I mean a comb of twiggy opeth n tht can be op but hey its a comp. Its got be fun tho. The main thing.

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

Batman idea for army of two was to stop power chapters blasting through everyone else and ruining the fun. After all its not enough to be the most successful, the true victory is being the best; being able to win and loose with grace such that your opponents will happily play you again.

On the other hand, chapter tournaments show training skill and teamwork off. Both are valid and can lead to epic games. Ego and arrogance are the real enemies of he community and as long as they accounted for any tournament has the potential to be shit tons of fun :D

Locking class but not load out does seem to be a fair and interesting compromise between the two extremes. However in my experience players tend to stick to one class anyway, so it limits the tactical aspect.

We'll see how it all comes together :D

cruSig2.jpg

#13 GK MadMan

GK MadMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:38 AM

Thats what I mean im quite versatile I can play anytink but this is chance for guys who play one class to team up with someone else who does the same.

But hey we ll see what everyone tinks.

#14 Trollet

Trollet

Captain of the 3rd company

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:05 PM

To be forced to use the three classes together could be really fun.
Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and the glory of him on earth!

#15 Morentz01

Morentz01

Dark Apostle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

What if there is a person from a chapter that wants to play but he can't get a team from that said chapter, is he SOL or will he be put into another team that needs players if there are any?
Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples! Slay the priests! Show these fools that they worship nothing more than a rotting corpse!

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

As long as the person isn't doing a bleeding heart to create a douchebag roflt-stomp team then we would usually allow them to merc it.

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!