#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Discussion here, so the Signup thread does not get polluted with junk

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 Batman2213

Batman2213

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

Well... I'm disappointed that the spirit of the original proposal is going to be forsaken. I specifically suggested that teams be made up of players from different factions in order to foster more communal cooperation... instead teams will likely be made up of players from the same chapter. Don't be surprised if the big chapters go right on running over everyone else; I suspect I am not alone in making this prediction, and consequentially I think many people will be turned off; I know my own XO is not interested for this very reason.

May I ask why the decision was made to allow teams from the same chapter, when the specific purpose of my original proposal was the complete opposite?

Posted Image

#3 Biohazard16

Biohazard16

JRDW Brony Rep

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

I have to agree with Batman. While I'm still more than excited to participate, it seems to have gone from a potential community unifying thing to Chapter Battles: Mini.
What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! -Lord Solar Macharius

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

This was the final proposal that landed on my desk, if you wish to debate that rule change then REAPER is the one to deal with. To that regard he'll be along shortly to answer your question because I have no idea.

I didn't notice the change when I reviewed it because I focused on the extra rules. I'd like to see some debate about it because it was such a novel and unique proposal. (I'll just take this opportunity to point out that if you want the rules to change then you have to resolve it quickly.) Therefore, I have halted signups until Friday so you can debate it properly (as the outcome could disband teams)

cruSig2.jpg

#5 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

I agree with batman here. It seems like it would be more interesting and fun if only one member from a chapter was allowed on a team.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#6 Batman2213

Batman2213

Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:52 AM

Wow. Didn't mean to create problems, I just noticed the discrepancy between the team qualifications as presented and those that were proposed, and was seeking clarification. Reaper?
Posted Image

#7 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:23 AM

Wow. Didn't mean to create problems, I just noticed the discrepancy between the team qualifications as presented and those that were proposed, and was seeking clarification. Reaper?

I had talked will multiple people from different chapters on this subject. More people that I talked with seemed to want to play with people from there own chapter or at least have the ability to choose from there. This is why the rule allows people to choose for themselves. We can never make everybody happy so I tried to go for a compromise in the middle to get more people to want to participate. There will be a vote since many people have now come forward and wanted different factions. I will ask leaders to talk with there members and then please vote in the council of shadows. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

#8 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

Why not put up a poll?

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

Why not put up a poll?

Large chapters have more members and can dominate the polls, in the Leader Council all factions are equally represented so the poll is fairer on smaller chapters. If we always favored the larger ones why would the little ones want to play?

Hope that makes sense to you :)

cruSig2.jpg

#10 Batman2213

Batman2213

Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:38 AM

Why not put up a poll?

Large chapters have more members and can dominate the polls, in the Leader Council all factions are equally represented so the poll is fairer on smaller chapters. If we always favored the larger ones why would the little ones want to play?

Hope that makes sense to you :)

Actually, it makes a lot of sense. I'm currently polling my own faction, I'll vote based on their collective opinion, even if it contradicts my original proposal.

Posted Image

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

Actually, it makes a lot of sense. I'm currently polling my own faction, I'll vote based on their collective opinion, even if it contradicts my original proposal.

You do your men proud mate. REAPER or I will chuck up a poll sometime soon.

cruSig2.jpg

#12 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:45 AM

There is a poll for leaders in the Council of Shadows area.

#13 Batman2213

Batman2213

Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:10 AM

Incidentally, IF the vote results in a rules change, it might be a good idea to "pre-register" interested players individually, in order to make it easier for people to locate partners from other chapters... just an idea. :D
Posted Image

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Incidentally, IF the vote results in a rules change, it might be a good idea to "pre-register" interested players individually, in order to make it easier for people to locate partners from other chapters... just an idea. :D

If the vote passes we'll open a Looking For Partner thread as well

cruSig2.jpg

#15 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

While I can see (and agree with, to an extent) the argument for people choosing from different Chapters, the nature of signup and how chapters operate mean people naturally make friends within their chapter, and not necessarily outside of it. In a tournament where a team that knows each other closely will prosper, I personally don't think limiting teams to members from different chapters is a great move for everyone involved.

I realise how crass it must seem coming from a DA member advocating this, but I am merely playing Devil's Advocate. Honestly, I'm on the fence about it. I can see how it would be abused, and how some members might see it as necessary to take part.

The voting and polls system should work well enough to represent the majority.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#16 DusteirTax

DusteirTax

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

there are points to both sides, it is good when u fight with your team because you know how they work, which helps if the teams that dont have as much time to train with the others. but on the other hand working with another person from another group allows us to meet the other players that we would really never play with and/or against. My view is that they should team up with another player, the only ones that should be teaming up with there chapther brother is the ones who cant get on often enough to actually train together
I allow the madness in but the difference between you and me is i dont let it take over. mostly

#17 ajar1189

ajar1189

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

In terms of choosing a map and agreeing on the map for the matches, what if there is no agreement between the teams on the maps? Or is it meant to say that each team hosting chooses a map?

#18 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

In terms of choosing a map and agreeing on the map for the matches, what if there is no agreement between the teams on the maps? Or is it meant to say that each team hosting chooses a map?

I have rewritten the rule to make it easier for people to understand. Sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

#19 Eon SilverWulf

Eon SilverWulf

Just another day in paradise.

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:12 AM

so just to be clear, do you have to be in a faction to join this tournament? or is it free for anybody? this subject was not mentioned in the rules but i just want to make sure, just to be safe ^.^

-Goranok

Former member of the Dark Angels 5th company

Former member of the Raven Guard

#20 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

so just to be clear, do you have to be in a faction to join this tournament? or is it free for anybody? this subject was not mentioned in the rules but i just want to make sure, just to be safe ^.^

If you're factionless you can play with whoever. If you were in a faction recently you are barred from playing with that faction. This prevents people cheating by "resigning" to play with their faction mates :)

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!