1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...s-devs-acquired

relic has been purchased by SEGA...
INTO THE FIRES OF BATTLE UNTO THE ANVIL OF WAR!

#2 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

well sega aint a bad company i guess...
Posted Image

#3 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

yeah but bethesda was second place by only $300,000 and im not sure if they would have been better

#4 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

However no one purchased Vigil Games, who wrote the code for SM and Dark Millennium (+ Darksiders). There are also reports of SEGA in talks with GW which indicated that the Warhammer IP contract was non-transferable - resulting in a stall to DOW3

But let's face it, unless EA get the Warhammer 40K IP then whoever gets it is good for us because it's impossible to be worse than THQ was

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#5 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

are you sure about vigil writing the code for SM? i know they did dark millenium but i thought that the only conection SM had to vigil was that they used the modified havoc engine that was an upgraded version of what was used for dark siders. so in my mind that would seem to tie them in with the havoc engine itself not vigil per-say, because vigils not mentioned anywhere on the back of the case for spacemarine but that could just be me being narrow minded

#6 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

Sega makes good games if the fans show interest so im not all that sad about that.
Posted Image

#7 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

Sega makes good games if the fans show interest so im not all that sad about that.

i hope your right i honestly dont know what to think about this im not sure what type of games sega has done recently i mean all i think about when i hear sega is sonic so... but yeah i was hopeing that this community would have more to say on the subject.

#8 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

i hope your right i honestly dont know what to think about this im not sure what type of games sega has done recently i mean all i think about when i hear sega is sonic so... but yeah i was hopeing that this community would have more to say on the subject.

Their more well known games are Aliens Vs. Predator, Aliens:colonial Marines which comes out next month on the 12th, Binary Domain(which was very well made but under the radar), Vanquish, and viking:Battle for asgard. All of which ive played and enjoyed thoroughly.

Posted Image

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

SEGA generally make good and popular games, I am very hopeful for the future of w40k if it falls in their hands

are you sure about vigil writing the code for SM? i know they did dark millenium but i thought that the only conection SM had to vigil was that they used the modified havoc engine that was an upgraded version of what was used for dark siders. so in my mind that would seem to tie them in with the havoc engine itself not vigil per-say, because vigils not mentioned anywhere on the back of the case for spacemarine but that could just be me being narrow minded

I'm afraid I cannot give you the proof you require, info comes to me through Apulo

cruSig2.jpg

#10 XVulkan He'stanX

XVulkan He'stanX

1st founding member

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

ok np just wanted to know and trying to be optimistic about relics future. oh and sega should get the warhammer 40k ip also because they already have the warhammer fantasy ip so it seems it would make sense to have both.

#11 Biohazard16

Biohazard16

JRDW Brony Rep

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

Thank [insert deity here]! Anyone but EA!
What is the strongest weapon of mankind? The god-machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus? No! The Astartes Legions? No! The tank? The lasgun? The fist? Not at all! Courage and courage alone stands above them all! -Lord Solar Macharius

#12 Xx Curze xX

Xx Curze xX

War Sage, Night Lords

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:49 AM

Sega did Phantasy Star-a huge MMO for the X-box..But you had to pay $10 a month.And it is even harder to get mmo,s on x-box cuz of the $$$ factor.I also see a problem with GW and SEga working together 

Thank [insert deity here]! Anyone but EA!

agreed EA would fuck it all up with pay for play and all that.

No God or Man holds command over me

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

Sega did Phantasy Star-a huge MMO for the X-box..But you had to pay $10 a month.And it is even harder to get mmo,s on x-box cuz of the $$$ factor.I also see a problem with GW and SEga working together 

Completely forgot about that game. Final Fantasy 11 was x360 as well. Paying for something on top of XBL hurts like hell however. Still if it was Elder Scrolls I'd pay if it was good enough

cruSig2.jpg

#14 An_A10_Pilot

An_A10_Pilot

Shenanigans Master!

• Premium Member
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:34 AM

If you guys are dubious about sega making good games, all i need to say is one title to lay it to rest. one which i still play to this day.

ROME: TOTAL WAR.

I am extremely happy that Sega has picked up relic. I just hope that GW doesn't drop the ball and make some really retarded restrictions on its games and development. Now, off to play, MORE ROME! (Rome 2 comes out this year by the way. )
Posted Image

"Sweet Tap-Dancing Night Lords, Batman!"

#15 Brother Agatone

Brother Agatone

The Relentless

• Premium Member
  • Others:
  • 1,320 posts
  • Xbox Live:The Warmaster82

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

If sega produces a space marine 2 and it is shit then I'm going to want my money back and then I'm going go over to Sega's hq and bust a cap in someone's ass for turning a potentially awesome franchise into shit.
Purge the heresy with the Emperor's fire of retribution. Destroy the mutant against the anvil of his wrath. Exterminate the xenos with the courage of humanity.

#16 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

You mean we were that close from Bethesda getting them!?! Damnit...

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#17 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

Same feeling here JC, if I see sonic Marines I'll be very very ripped.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#18 ajar1189

ajar1189

Brother I am Pinned Here!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

Bethesda would have been pretty awesome but sega aint too bad.

Check out the app called Verge I Created: http://goo.gl/OFW1yl. It's only for android now, but will be out for iPhone in the near future!

It essentially allows you to share your location with your friends, family, coworkers, etc through a group in the app. You can find everyone in your group's location by pressing a button (assuming they respond to the request), and plot it on a map. From there you are given a point that is equidistant from everyone. With this you can find a place to search for and meet up and send this location to everyone in your group telling them thats where you want to meet. There's no need to enter any addresses, and all you need to do is click a few buttons.

#19 DusteirTax

DusteirTax

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

Really as long as ea dosnt touch it were good their like the oppisite of king mittus touch of gold
I allow the madness in but the difference between you and me is i dont let it take over. mostly

#20 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Looking at some saga titles I think if they release space marine 2 that it should be epic just for the fact that they pull off large scale battles extremely well. The futures bright lads! :D

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

Change Theme!