29 replies to this topic

#21 OrkPork

OrkPork

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

Haha, yeah the link worked that time. Pretty funny.

Honestly I think he's butchered the Ultramarines, too. He's made them perfect to the point of destroying what personality they had. At least we still have Graham McNeil to make them likeable.

#22 Codicier Valtrius

Codicier Valtrius

Meatshield

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:25 AM

This was discussed at length on the SM forums, but if you missed it then it basically says the Grey Knights killed the remaining SoB that weren't corrupted, and thier blood was spread over the GK Aeigis Armour to aid in repelling the daemons. I dont know where to begin to describe how inaccurate this is!
Spoiler
I was also really wanting to read about the GK chaplains, the sole reason why no GK has turned to chaos and yet they were left out of the codex.

#23 OrkPork

OrkPork

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

You're right, that makes no sense at all.

The GK chaplains are the main reason they have never been corrupted? I thought it had more to do with their general nature, but I'm not exactly an expert on GK fluff.

#24 Codicier Valtrius

Codicier Valtrius

Meatshield

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:04 PM

There's alot of contributing factors, including the GK geneseed being rumered to come from the Emperor himself and their Aegis Armour but the chaplains role is to keep the faith of the marines intact. During the Hammer of Daemons novel a GK is captured and forced to fight for Khorne, with a brace around his neck that renders his psychic powers useless, his hexagrammic wards have no effect, leaving only his own psyche that must repel the temptations. During this ordeal he has visions and talks to his close friend, a chaplain (can't remember his name) that keeps his faith in the Emperor strong and thus does not become the first GK to be turned.

(Arguably) The most valuable asset the GK has are chaplains and yet not a word is mentioned about them in the codex. They are required in the GK chapter more so than others as all GK are psykers and so each one could potentially bring a daemon incursion, it is for that reason the chaplains were created after Lorgar (i think) brought librarians to the table (literally too ;) ) I think the chaplains are also involved in consecrating the chapters bolts and wargear, but Im not 100% sure about that one.

#25 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

In matts story why would a gk willing corrupt himself??? read any fluff or canon before this and no gk has ever fallen to chaos. thats what makes them gk and not normal sm.

Posted Image

#26 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

On the argument of Chaplains there like Commisars, souly responsible for the sm spiritual needs, they are also the priests who do consecrate stuff in the name of the Empra but thats normaly left to the cog boys with in the name of the omnisiah.

Also I read that GK book, it was awesome. A single grey knight kills a Daemon Prince by himself who had previously caused the death of several conpanies of gk, killed the FIRST TITAN! He killed an STC! He couldnt kill an stc cuz it wasnt a daemon but then he said "hey, your daemon" then the stc becomes a daemon and he kiils it! He also single handedly destroy an entire daemon world! By himself!!!

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#27 OrkPork

OrkPork

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

I know what a chaplain does, but aren't grey knights built to be incorruptible regardless of a chaplain's aid?

#28 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 07:58 PM

I know what a chaplain does, but aren't grey knights built to be incorruptible regardless of a chaplain's aid?

They are incorruptible correct

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#29 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

Also the Chaplains are the ones that train them to be incorruptible during initiation.

And on the topic of the poor Sister of Battle suffering a lot of but hurt after Matt Ward happened: http://1d4chan.org/w...04057080538.png

A Space Marine who remembers the events personaly: http://1d4chan.org/w...le:SalaRage.jpg

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#30 OrkPork

OrkPork

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:19 PM

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Change Theme!