22 replies to this topic

#1 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

Last week the Inner Council reached an overwhelming decision to permanently ban Gerhart, the long-time Leader of the Crimson Fists from the Gothic Wars community. Regrettably, we have been forced to examine the activities of yet more members, and must now announce that five more users will be banned. This decision was based upon the actions these members took during the past week following the original announcement, we expected there to be some resistance to banning Gerhart, but the sheer level of immaturity astounded us. The persons in question, and the reasons for banning them, are as follows:

• Brother White
    • Multiple Accounts.
    • Allowing a banned user access to his account.
    • Abuse of Moderator Powers.
    • Flaming / Baiting.
    • Excessive abuse of the Report Post System.
  • Sammael
    • Making false embezzlement accusations.
    • Flaming / Baiting.
    • Circumventing the Word Filter.
  • Angry Comedian
    • Multiple Accounts
    • Flaming / Baiting.
  • Hudson
    • Making false embezzlement accusations.
    • Flaming / Baiting.
  • DARKWAR PALADIN
    • Flaming / Baiting.
    • Acting as a proxy for a banned user & spamming the forum with his message.
    • Circumventing the Word Filter.

Spiny accepts full responsibility for his actions and for the effects of his decision to leave the threads that became known as the Trollympics active. If they had been locked many of the people within would not have been led into the temptation of countertrolling, however he felt that it was necessary to release the pent up steam at the individuals responsible. Therefore he will be taking a temporary demotion from Admin and as a result no one else will be punished for the trolling. Those who used this as an opportunity to flame will still receive warnings as usual.

I would like to stress to everyone that this decision was not made lightly. During the past week the Inner Council has reviewed each member that we have named and debated what actions were appropriate. In several cases we chose that issuing a ban was the best option going forward, in others we felt that only a warning would be necessary, and in a few cases we decided no action was required. Whether we chose to issue a ban or just a warning came to down to what we believe to be the severity of each offense.

During the last announcement some of you were concerned about the lack of evidence presented to you. As such we have chosen to present a sample of the evidence that the Inner Council reviewed. You will find a small sample of the evidence along with our reasons for why the bans were necessary below. I should also mention that we detected multiple-accounts as coming from the same IP address as the existing accounts within a time frame which left no doubt. To that extent, we have merged the accounts into the main account and banned the single main account.

[spoiler=Brother White]
Posted Image
This image shows that Brother White logged in from the same IP used by Gerhart, proving that he gave a banned user access to his account.

Posted Image
This image shows that 'Grinning Murdered' was registered from the same IP used by Brother White. (Note that this IP is different than the one used by Gerhart)

Posted Image
This image shows that Gerhart then logged into the account provided by Brother White & used it troll, flame, & harass the community.

Posted Image
This image shows Brother White opening a thread that was closed by a moderator due to reports of flaming. He then deleted several posts and taunted the moderation team.

Posted Image
This image shows the deleted post made by the moderator, and Brother Whites response.

Posted Image
Small sample of the 50+ illegitimate reports filed by Brother White.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sammael]

Fun Fact: Joker is from Birmingham, and will die alone, forgotten and having never touched a v'agina.

Fun Fact: V'agina is censored? Seriously? Cru has some unresolved daddy/mommy issues.

Circumventing the word filter & flaming/baiting Joker2610

Fun Fact: Romulous looks like a shitty, white, broke Mr. T

Flaming/baiting Master Romulous.

Fun Fact: Crucias once used site funds donated by members to buy school books. This is true. And wrong.

Making false embezzlement accusations.

Posted Image
Small sample of the 50+ illegitimate reports submitted by Sammael.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Angry Comedian]
Posted Image
This image shows that both grinning eversor & righteous dorn were registered from the same IP that Angry Comedian was logged in from.

Posted Image
Small sample of the 40+ reports made by Angry Comedian across multiple accounts.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Hudson]

Nox although I truly apperciate the hard work you put into this . After the events that happened today i can not support this site.

I mean the first campaign raised enough money to pay for someones school books. I wouldnt want the same to happen again

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=DARKWAR PALADIN]
See the 'Dern Spam' thread.
Spamming, baiting staff / community, acting as a proxy for a banned user.

cant i report u for baiting-blah i wont tho-im no p.u.s.s.y.

Baiting & circumventing the word filter.
[/spoiler]

Additionally I would like to take this opportunity to remind you that the 'Report Post' system should only be used to report posts that are actually breaking the rules. Reporting posts because you do not like that person is not permitted and may result in warning depending on the severity of the abuse. Similarly reporting any post by a staff member that was made in an official capacity will also be considered abuse. (For example a moderator posting saying that he has locked a thread due to reports.)

Thank you for reading this, and I hope you understand why we felt that it was necessary to take those actions. If you have any questions please feel free to ask them in this thread or via PM with a member of the Inner Council.

-Inner Council

EDIT: Not all of the warnings for those who were found to be flaming during the above mentioned "Trollympics" have been issued yet.
EDIT2: Please do not troll, flame, or attempt to derail this thread.

#2 Dragon-Silver

Dragon-Silver

Gothic Wars Acolyte - Fallen Hunter

• Acolyte
  • Others:
  • 572 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:35 AM

Excellent work Inner Council.
I fully support all decisions made.
The Ravenwings purpose is to hunt the Fallen.
The Unforgiven shall be redeemed.
The Fallen will be purged.

#3 Prosperan Son

Prosperan Son

Grand Apostle Narak of the Word Bearers

• Elite Member
  • 1,749 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

Let's not go into debate about it, lest it cause more trouble.
“A king must live a life more vivid than any other and be a figure for all to admire! The king is the one who collects the envy of all his heroes and stands as their guide! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers combined!”

#4 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:43 AM

As it has been said, any flaming, trolling, and derailment will be dealt with appropriately.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#5 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:07 AM

You can disagree and voice an opinion without trolling or flaming.

Once you choose either of those methods is when it's shut down

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#6 Simonbarsinistr

Simonbarsinistr

Crimson Fist Ambassador To GWRS

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:09 AM

Who will be XO for the Crimson Fists now?
Brother Simon of The Crimson Fists II Company

#7 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:23 AM

im guessing that will be you alls to decide.

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#8 Simonbarsinistr

Simonbarsinistr

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

We've decided that will do. What do I have to do to make the switch official?

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:34 AM

We've decided that will do. What do I have to do to make the switch official?

Support Ticket is the usual way to go about getting official things done

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#10 Simonbarsinistr

Simonbarsinistr

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:36 AM

Alright, I'll submit a ticket for faction leader here.

#11 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:49 AM

I would like to thank the inner council for allowing the community to see the evidence that lead to this decision. Hopefully this will limit the backlash that the inner council will take for there decision.

#12 Simonbarsinistr

Simonbarsinistr

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:17 AM

Sorry, just another quick question, I saw the pm for when the ticket is in work. Is there another pm for when the resolution is reached?

#13 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:36 AM

You get a PM for initial reply and for closing. In tickets there's a "+" symbol that will expand a reply checkbox. I only close tickets when 7 days has passed since last reply, I'm told to, or there's no reasonable chance of a reply being required.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#14 Danguinius

Danguinius

Chaplain

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 280 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 05:44 AM

Would it be considered bad taste to request a username change to "NOT Gerhart" ?
Posted Image

Blood Angel since 1992

GamerTag: DanFZ604

#15 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 08:06 PM

Once again, the Inner Council proves its worth.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#16 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:10 AM

I wish to ask about one of these, only one.

Hudson
Flaming / Baiting.

The first point is pretty cut and dry, so that's what have you. But that means that in essence his only other crime is flaming and baiting? Either the embezzlement accusation is considered of tremendous degree and that alone merited extreme attention, or else he should be considered no worse off than say Romulus who has been equally flaming and baiting the Fists, or some of the other posts that have shown up of an inflammatory nature. I also concur there were some innocent bystanders that deserve just minor warnings.

I question the 'no punishment at all' part though. A rule is a rule, yes? If one person flames, and a second party flames back, they are both guilty regardless of who cast the first stone. You don't get to 'flame in self defense.'

Just my thoughts on the matter. Take them as you will.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#17 Angron767

Angron767

RAGE

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

I have to say I disagree with Hudson's ban, but the others seem to be spot on.
With blood and rage of crimson red,
Ripped from a corpse so freshly dead,
Together with our hellish hate,
We'll burn you all--That is your fate!

#18 Lord Ariok

Lord Ariok

Chaos Lord

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 2,772 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

whether you agree/disagree is erelovant the mod team saw him as a protential problem to the site from the reports they got about him and with all the evidance inhand they saw fit to ban him for our benefit
Posted Image

#19 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 01:55 PM

whether you agree/disagree is erelovant the mod team saw him as a protential problem to the site from the reports they got about him and with all the evidance inhand they saw fit to ban him for our benefit

It is not necessarily irrelevant. Being as this is a community site, input from the community is a required aspect. If the voice of the community is not allowed to be taken in consideration then this has ceased to be a community. Do they have to do what the nay sayers want? No, but they are required to take note of disagreements to their decision and consider that for future dealings.

To shoot somebody down for disagreeing is bad form. You are entitled to your opinion, and Angron is entitled to his.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#20 Smasher225

Smasher225

Librarian of 3rd Company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:45 PM

Rom has and probably will continue to troll as hard or even harder than the Crimson Fists and nothing was done about him. Yes Batman is saying for the same merit that Gerhart was banned Rom should be as well because in his eyes its the same crime. So why is there different treatment for the same crime. If you are punishing people you have to give them the same punishment for the same crime not just say oh hey because we like you or because of this reason we will let you stay. There goes to prove that this site could in fact have a double standard against either Gerhart or against Rom. It proves there is a problem to me at least there is a problem with the leadership here and you need a wide varriety of opinions on the council not just opinions that match the others so certain things just get done. 
I would also expect a warning to be given to Danfz for trolling because his post is in really bad taste and its Trolling and Flaming.
For the glory of the Imperium.

Change Theme!