11 replies to this topic

#1 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

Is anyone else board with 40K? I no longer have the drive I once did to paint my 40K stuff. I put my 40K stuff down and looked at my Fantasy stuff and it just hit me that I really enjoy the Fantasy models and I look at them different than I do my 40K models. I've always been into history and the Medieval times especially but 40K is what got me into this hobby. I can't say that I'm having painters burn out due to painting my Fantasy models. I even went to play a few games with my friends and even the games weren't as much fun as they once were. lol Maybe I'm just getting old.

Posted Image

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:44 AM

I haven't gotten bored with it, rather I don't have the time these days :(

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

You'er not the only one crucias.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#4 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

I saw the thread title, first response: HERESY!!! HERESY I SAY!

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#5 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:05 PM

Heresey....ordo hereticus

Fallen Emperor's Champion J NOSK36
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#6 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

I can understand getting board. Best way to get inboard is approach from a new angle. Read some of the books, create some new scenarios to play, develop personalized characters with new rules either from the fluff or even this community.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#7 sonofultramar

sonofultramar

Proud Imperial Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:54 PM

Sometimes you just need to a break and not overload yourself on it.

#8 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:28 AM

I'm not sure whats up with me at the moment, 40K just isn't doing it for me. I'm gonna give it a break and just work on my fantasy stuff and see. I was just wondering if anyone else has felt like that.

Posted Image

#9 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:38 AM

or you could be like me and procrastinate building your 10 plus models you have in the closet
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#10 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

lol See I build it all then I'm like fuck it I'll paint it later lol. I went and looked at airbrushes today, drool. I'm trying to convince myself that I need one lol. Brenda will be taking some pics of my Fantasy stuff I'm working on tomorrow and I'll get them posted some time this weekend when I have a moment.

Posted Image

#11 NeoBiggs

NeoBiggs

--Classified--

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

I'm not bored with 40k, I just think the game itself is pretty boring lol. On that note, I enjoy to a great extent painting the figures. In fact, if I never play another 40k game again, I could care less. I will still buy plenty of 40k stuff in the future to paint and for competition but as far as the actual game goes, I find there are other things that are far more fun. I know you have to make it fun and I do try (making funny voices, roleplaying, etc.) but I guess I don't view the game the same as the people I play against.

Where I live we have like 10 gaming stores including the GW stores and between the few that I have been to already, most of the players are assholes! I get a lot of praise for my painting skills but when it comes to playing, these people will just get pissy if things don't go their way, talk shit, and whatever else. I have to literally hold back from smashing these people whenever I see them because of how irritating it can be. What happened to just gaming for fun? I know the entire community is not like this but people take this shit so seriously and I can't figure out why. There is more to life than winning and losing at 40k and honestly I won't judge you as an individual if you win one game in your life or one hundred. I think maturity is somewhat of a factor but I have seen this idiotic behavior from guys older than me (and currently I am 30) so it goes both ways.

The other side of it is terrain. I cannot stand playing on a table where it is a sheet, a few pieces of terrain that are out of place, poorly made, and just do not capture the vision of what a 40k landscape would look like. The amount of time, money, and effort to create such a vision is a lot and I understand that, but I can't help the way I feel. I refuse to play with unpainted models either. I will even turn down playing against opponents who have unpainted models. I understand many of you don't have time to paint and that is fine, neither do I. I do however, make time to paint.

Sorry for writing a book here, but I am really hoping 6th edition does something to draw me in. I am currently thinking of starting a new army to paint but we will see. As it stands right now, I am just painting for fun/competition single miniatures at a time. I have high hopes for Dawn of War 3 as well since DoW2 is boring to me now.

Oh and Darkanis, buying my airbrush was the best move I have made to date when it comes to painting models. I bought the Iwata Eclipse HP-CS airbrush and a TC-700 Air Compressor. My only regret is that I didn't buy them both sooner!
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

#12 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

I'm looking at getting an airbrush. I've been watching videos and I really think that is my next step. I was looking at AC Moores the other day at their selection, going to be doing a lot more research before I go spending $400-$500 lol the ol lady is gonna kill me as it is lol. I've been looking at my Space Wolves and I think once I'm able to get to painting again I'll mix them in between my Empire models.

Posted Image

Change Theme!