11 replies to this topic

#1 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:23 AM

ive been hearing a bunch of stories about space marine and the dlc, some saying there is going to be more and some saying there's not and their just focusing on their next game, does anyone know for sure what the future of Space Marine is?
Posted Image

#2 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:26 AM

when exterminatus came out, you could see ingame menu that it was 1 of 5 DLC, but i dont if they are making more DLCs, maybe they are, maybe they are working on a expansion, we know relic love those :D

Posted Image

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:56 AM

Its a dead title
Sent from my HTC Spark using Board Express

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:09 AM

there you have it folks, they sewed the seeds of their own destruction by releasing it during the time when literally every big name game was coming out, if they would have waited till now...they would have had a lot more sales

Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#5 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:26 AM

agreed nosk
Posted Image

#6 OrkPork

OrkPork

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:29 PM

I love the game, but the community does seem a bit small. I hate to say it but I have my doubts about the games future.

#7 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:03 PM

As far as I recall, the Dreadnought DLC was the last planned released for the title. With news of them laying off staff, I think it's safe to say that we've seen the last of new content for this game. Whether that means that we'll never get any of the many bugs patched or not is still unclear however.

Posted Image

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:00 PM

This game was a pump and dump game. They fixed it up to minimum release standards after the original developer went bust and floated it on the market. They had to release it and had to release some DLC in order to satisfy their contract to Gamesworkshop. If they didn't they would loose the IP Rights and therefore Dark Millennium would have to be canned and they would loose so much money.

Now that they have satisfied the minimum requirements of that contract they will drop the game. I doubt you will see any more patches and you definitely won't see anymore non-skin DLC (skin DLC is quick, dirty and sells)

cruSig2.jpg

#9 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

I think it depends on what unused assets are still hanging around in the game. If there is something hidden in there that might be easy to use, they might actually use it to make a few more bucks.

#10 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

Space Hulk DLC maybe... Wishful thinking.
Postad bild

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

I think it depends on what unused assets are still hanging around in the game. If there is something hidden in there that might be easy to use, they might actually use it to make a few more bucks.

The only unused things found by modders were Terminator Armor (but no pathing code or hitboxes just the skin), Librarian models and a Kila Kan

cruSig2.jpg

#12 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

I also think I heard mention of Bikes during early development but theres no chance of it now. If somone were to find the FIRST spoiler for Space Marine, you know, the one that used bolt weapons to SOFTEN UP enemies before finisher moves which received no small amounts of Rage, if you were to possibly see an enemy in that we havent seen before then theres a very good chance theres more than we know thats already hidden somewhere in the game maybe.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

Change Theme!