264 replies to this topic

#241 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Twiggy appears offline, and reaper seems to be be attempting to deflect his no show last weekend. So perhaps this needs looking at by someone not affiliated with the chapter ? Dont like to point fingers but reapers own statement and lack of response on live make it hard not to raise an eyebrow or two as to what is actually going on.

Sucks it would come down to this BUT, if the opponent does not turn up with no warning, one of the people running the event also refuses to respond to messages from the other player, and then posts the above comment about giving another week knowing full well that week had already gone, as well as being restrictive on the dlc tourney about it taking one week only it needs to be the same rule for everyone in my view, and it should be declared a forfeit from twiggy, being off live is not a reason not to inform his opponent, who trained all week for a match, could easily of posted here or requested a teammate to do so on his behalf if needed. If real life has pulled him away for whatever reason it should still of been notified out of respect to his opponent, this did not happen and instead we see a somewhat concerning development the way reaper appears to be avoiding the issue at hand with a blasè post using crucias as grounds for the delay.
Postad bild

#242 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Twiggy appears offline, and reaper seems to be be attempting to deflect his no show last weekend. So perhaps this needs looking at by someone not affiliated with the chapter ? Dont like to point fingers but reapers own statement and lack of response on live make it hard not to raise an eyebrow or two as to what is actually going on.

Sucks it would come down to this BUT, if the opponent does not turn up with no warning, one of the people running the event also refuses to respond to messages from the other player, and then posts the above comment about giving another week knowing full well that week had already gone, as well as being restrictive on the dlc tourney about it taking one week only it needs to be the same rule for everyone in my view, and it should be declared a forfeit from twiggy, being off live is not a reason not to inform his opponent, who trained all week for a match, could easily of posted here or requested a teammate to do so on his behalf if needed. If real life has pulled him away for whatever reason it should still of been notified out of respect to his opponent, this did not happen and instead we see a somewhat concerning development the way reaper appears to be avoiding the issue at hand with a blasè post using crucias as grounds for the delay.

I have talked with CruciasNZ in person since you have posted this message. The round will go on tell Sunday Night and hopefully the two Champions will be able to fight before then. CruciasNZ came up with a new rule if the two champions are unable to have this match. This tournaments winner will be decided by the best k/d spread from the upper bracket. This was decided because both champions have 1 win against each other and shows which champion played better throughout the tournament.

#243 Idario

Idario

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

lol well we know who is going to win that one then, anyway i will be expecting a message from whoever telling what day he can play then  
Also this time i rather have not have someone else being host, still didnt improve anything i kept getting waiting for host here and then. thank you
Idario, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Apr 2012.

#244 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

lol well we know who is going to win that one then, anyway i will be expecting a message from whoever telling what day he can play then  
Also this time i rather have not have someone else being host, still didnt improve anything i kept getting waiting for host here and then. thank you

That is fine that you don't play with someone else being host.

#245 skotten

skotten

Great Wolf

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

Haha, win by not meeting up, nice. Well nevermind surfacing for me you are the champion so well done mate.
Postad bild

#246 TDB x MoNSteRz

TDB x MoNSteRz

Dire Claw

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Gothic Wars and Space Marine alike has some brilliant and highly respected players. This is fucking poor and incredibley insulting to the Space Marine community. Modded controllers are making an appearence from the 'better' players, what a fucking joke, the community is being destroyed from the inside out because of utter selfishness and a lack of respect. If twiggy is gunna be a no show, then making a 'new' rule allowing him to automatically win because of it is just fucking typical considering reaper is DA himself and reinforcing this new rule.
TDB x MoNSteRz, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since...Wait What? I'm Not A Fucking Meatshield?!?

#247 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

Wow, so Twiggy's going to win by no showing? That's rather pathetic :/.

Just wait and fight because that's just a shitty way of winning.

#248 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

Yeah just wait and have the battle whenever. It's not like people are trying to hurry it up so they can have a battle is it?

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#249 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

Yeah just wait and have the battle whenever. It's not like people are trying to hurry it up so they can have a battle is it?

Pretty much.

I'm behind the Wolves on this one.

#250 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

if its such a problem and pressed for time someone should stay up and down some damn coffee and get it done and over with.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#251 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

All of you guys can give me a hard time if you want. I have not made any of the rules for this tournament but will carry out the duties of my position. You can put in a support ticket if you wish to have the rules changed. This tournament will end on Sunday Night unless I hear from CruciasNZ.

#252 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

im not bashin on ya man. but if thats the rules thats the rules. just hope twiggy and surfacing want to finish this off face to face than have it end due to a technicality that happened on the home stretch of the tourney.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#253 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Death Guard Warmaster

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Exactly spec :)

I don't think Farther's For Justice will allow you in the protest where you will be running around on a really high roof while pissed off your face

#254 TDB x MoNSteRz

TDB x MoNSteRz

Dire Claw

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

I know that the wolves aren't really active on gothic, but this will most likely mean that the wolves will leave gothic for good and arrange our matchs via direct contact with the other chapters on xbl or enjin or email or whatever, which would be a shame. All that anyone asks is that this is waited out so that the fight can take place under fair circumstances.
TDB x MoNSteRz, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since...Wait What? I'm Not A Fucking Meatshield?!?

#255 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

I know that the wolves aren't really active on gothic, but this will most likely mean that the wolves will leave gothic for good and arrange our matchs via direct contact with the other chapters on xbl or enjin or email or whatever, which would be a shame. All that anyone asks is that this is waited out so that the fight can take place under fair circumstances.

harsh words. are you speaking for your entire chapter?......

so far surfacing is still in the competition. I behoove the leaders of these two make this match happen since they cant seem to do it themselves and before this turns ugly...just my piece of advise....take it or leave it....just throwin it out there....catch it or keep your hand down. 
another point should be made since it just clicked in my head since its till sunday and both players have 48 hours to do it it should be (whenever the exact time is settled on) the person who doesnt show up forfeits. if both players are so interested in winning this they will show up. if not shows how much they cared and had priorities to other things.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#256 Idario

Idario

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

I managed to miss twiggy in the 15 minute I left the console for this evening, well I hope we have better luck before sunday. If nothing happens till then I really couldn't care less who wins this anymore just doesn't seem to be worth all the trouble I know I did my best to try and set up a game against him.

Hope this doesn't turn ugly or anything of the sort (looking at you monster :P) 
Also watch out for those plasma pistol players in the next tourny :D

#257 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I told Reaper specifically not to announce that tweaks so there wouldn't be an incentive for one person not to show. Since he forgot that bit we can't fairly go ahead with it now. Sucks because it'd be a shame to crown a winner based on a dice roll.

Reaper find a time period both players can turn up and set a date. Make them join your party, if one doesn't show in the agreed time they loose. If one is unjustifiably stalling beyond all reasonable doubt they loose.

Make the discussion accountable, if it's PMs forward them to me but a thread here would be better. Either way it needs to end this week.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#258 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Can Surfacing make it to a game tomorrow before 3 PM west coast time.

#259 Idario

Idario

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I most likely can, that be before 11pm bst ins't?

#260 REAPER xDAx

REAPER xDAx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:11 AM

I most likely can, that be before 11pm bst ins't?

When do you plan on getting online today? He is 8 hours behind you.

Change Theme!