104 replies to this topic

#1 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

+You are a psyker, and therefore you are very valuable to me+ the inquisitor speaks directly into his mind +and you have some gifts which are just what I need to solve something that worries the inquisition+

he returns to speaking physically

"Twelve months ago, a small mechanicus outpost vanished from geostationary orbit over the planet Bethal, thandros subsector. I have been told that there is no physical way that this could have happened. And then two months ago we found it drifting in the Sol system, riddled with chaos insurgents. We believe that there is a powerful chaos sorcerer on Bethal who may have bound the station's machine spirit with that of a demon. This task cannot be delegated to anyone other than a psyker, as fine senses are required. Your task? Kill the sorcerer."

Spoiler

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#2 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Spoiler

#3 RogueTonberry

RogueTonberry

Meatshield

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

Spoiler

He slowly relaxes his muscles after hearing the Inquisitor, both in and out of his mind. "I see so this is a Mechanicus Outpost? I believe they would want me to be discreet and keep damage to a minimal of the station correct?" He rises from his knees and bows to the magnificent image of the Emperor of Mindkind. "I will need to know more of this "facility" before departure mi-lord."

He quickly shuffles from his position of prayer to face the Inquisitor, Ethros wearing a plain brown long hooded robe that covers his entire body, bows in respect. Ethros quickly pushes his arms into the opposite sleeves of the robe mimicking the style of a monk. "I also need more information about the forces am I facing. Will it be blood thirsty shells of men, or perhaps those who indulge themselves to the point of corruption?"

Ethros removes his arms from the sleeves of his robe and in one motion swiftly, but perfectly, makes the sign of the Aquila. After finishing the first act he returns his arms to their former position in his sleeves. "Whatever it may be I promise you I will not fail, but I am not saying that I will not die. I am hoping you will be providing me some equipment to increase my chances of survival. I also wish to know how I am to board said facility? My apologies for asking for all this so sudden, but I am eager to carry out the Emperor's work."

Keep forgetting my character's name... Ethros please disregard if you don't give a shit...

Tech Priests FTW!

#4 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

"There is very little information that we can give you with regards to what you will be facing, only we know that there must be a sorcerer involved somehow. He will be more than capable of concealing himself hence we are sending someone of your calibre. You will not be boarding the station, rather we are sending you down to bethal itself. Be aware that the imperium no longer controls bethal, so you will face unknown advesaries."

#5 RogueTonberry

RogueTonberry

Meatshield

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

Bows once more and smiles showing part of his reconstructed face. The metal of his left cheek gleams in the light, even though it is somewhat crude in its design. "I see. Well excuse my next next statement as it will be somewhat pushy as some might call it. I will need the following." He walks over to stare at the visage of the Emperor once more, as he does this Ethros lists his needs never breaking his gaze from the shrine.

"I shall need a psy-focus of some manner that will be easy to conceal. Five small canisters each with twelve holes just big enough to keep the needles they need to be filled with from falling out, but able to be shot out with a strong kinetic force. Carapace armor that has wards to protect the wearer from detection. A robe exactly like the one I am wearing, but large enough to cover the carapace armor I shall wear. A wooden staff that has nothing special about it. Water purification tablets and food rations. A bolt pistol with at least seven clips. That will cover me for the mission if everything goes as planned."

Ethros walks to the door to open it for the Inquisitor. "I'm going to continue my prayers and try to build a powerful psychic shield around my mind. If you will need me before I make planet fall, I humbly ask you to speak to me in person rather than my thoughts as it may cause me to lose focus."
Keep forgetting my character's name... Ethros please disregard if you don't give a shit...

Tech Priests FTW!

#6 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

"Some of that equipment cannot be found in time i am afraid. I'll have a servant bring whatever we can muster to the chapel for you, and they will also inform you of the time and manner of your departure. Go now, and prepare yourself for the many dangers that lie before you on this quest." the inquisitor turns and looks out towards to stars once more

#7 RogueTonberry

RogueTonberry

Meatshield

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

Nods in response. "Emperor protect." Returns to his prayer position.

Tech Priests FTW!

#8 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

"this is my chamber, i would that you prepare elsewhere"

#9 RogueTonberry

RogueTonberry

Meatshield

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Spoiler

"Forgive me, I thought we were in the chapel. I feel as though my memory betrays me at times like these." Quickly shuffles out the door with his head held low to the chapel.

Tech Priests FTW!

#10 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

Spoiler

#11 RogueTonberry

RogueTonberry

Meatshield

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:31 AM

Spoiler

Tech Priests FTW!

#12 RogueTonberry

RogueTonberry

Meatshield

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:50 AM

Spoiler

Tech Priests FTW!

#13 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Upon reaching the chapel, you are amazed by the size and beauty of it. Huge expanses, with curved windows and flamboyant arches litter the main hall. The windows themselves are stained and backlit to give the impression that sunlight is streaming through. In the main area, there are benches, arranged semi circular around a lecturn - which sits before a statue of the emperor. There is only a small cleric, who is kneeling and praying.
"I knew you would come, he sends them all here." He speaks, in a small voice.
"I expect that you are here to ready yourself on whatever mission that he has lined up for you? Well I can already tell that you are different to the others, there is something about you which radiates power. I'm not entirely sure you know whether to call it a gift or a curse... psyker."

#14 RogueTonberry

RogueTonberry

Meatshield

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

"Sorry I do not have time to chat..." He quickly shuffles to kneel before the statue and kneels to pray.

Tech Priests FTW!

#15 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

"your ignorance may well be the damnation of you. It doesn't do to ignore agents who can point to greater powers." with that he turns on his heel and leaves.

#16 RogueTonberry

RogueTonberry

Meatshield

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

"I'm sorry priest I'm nervous about my task at hand. This psyker might have an entire planet on his side while I may have the Emperor, pure numbers may keep me from my task..." He steadies his hand to make the sign of the Aquila.

Tech Priests FTW!

#17 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Your reply seemingly falls of thin air, as the mystery guest has disappeared and gone. Probing with your mind, you can detect no trace of him anywhere on the ship.

#18 RogueTonberry

RogueTonberry

Meatshield

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

"...I have a terrible feeling from this encounter..." He stands up and makes the sign of the Aquila before walking to the Inquisitor's quarters. He knocks on the door and waits for a response.

Tech Priests FTW!

#19 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

"is there a problem?" xebec asks as he lets you in.

#20 RogueTonberry

RogueTonberry

Meatshield

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:35 PM

Nods respectfully as he walks in. "I believe we may have some sort of warp influenced being somewhere." He quickly describes the mysterious priest.

Tech Priests FTW!

Change Theme!