64 replies to this topic

#1 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

"You stand before me, ranked as an interrogator - But i see something so much more. I see potential!" the Inquisitor declares, his voice mirroring the psychic ambiance that he emitted at the same time.

"I have a task for you interrogator, and a good one. The planet below us is named Mardas, it is nothing more than a penal colony, housing all of the convicts in the Thandros subsector and beyond. It is a dumping ground for murderers and scum alike. Unfortunately we had a rogue agent, and before we could get to him and 'extract' the information he had, he was dumped here. I want you to act as a criminal, find this man and get the information that we need. We heavily suspect that there are some chaos cults on the surface as well, so you will have a secondary objective of finding out what they are doing on the planet. Is this understood?"

Spoiler

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#2 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • Others: Community Manager
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Arazael Fytiir sat silently, his eyes closed and ears attentive. He had already soaked in the image of the room and played it through his head several times - he was familiar with his surroundings. Listening to the information granted to him, he toiled it over in his head, picking choosing. What would be the proper approach? What would be the correct response? He licked his top lip by pulling it between his teeth for a second and opened his eyes to meet the voice. Upon hearing the name he immediately knew: Such a pit. Filled with worthless, useless lives that would be better off not existing at all.

The burning gold of his eyes flickered with the available light of the room; They held no foretelling emotion. "This... Rogue. How was he captured? Is he known to be whatever it is he may be by his current captors?" The words slipped from his lips calmly with an icy edge. There was no hesitation or roughness - only the sound of a calculating mind given voice.

Posted Image

"I scar my armor so that you may know, for I am a Templar of Blood."

#3 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

"His name is Eathan Med. He is at the moment just roaming free, the penal colony isn't watched much save for a single, highly fortified guard redoubt called Castle Vandis. That's where the imperial authorities are at least. the criminals live in rough habs scattered along the single small continent the planet has."
He smirks as he hears every single thought entering the interrogators head
"you are very calculating, this will serve you well"

#4 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:01 PM

He could feel the pressure in the air increase as the Inquisitor spoke. He had felt this presence before - It was grounding. He blinked, wetting the surface of his eyes anew as he set his mind to the immediate series of scenarios. Outcomes. Possibilities. Casualties. Everything washed through for just a moment before his lips set to suit. " And what of engagement? How would you like this information delivered? " He looked for an eloquent way to put it. " Would you rather a shell of a man left in my wake, or a corpse? "

Posted Image

#5 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

"If you get all of the information we need, then there is no need for him. You can decide to kill him, or let him rot in the colony. I'll leave such a delicious decision to you."

+Be aware though, I will be watching. I know what you are thinking, be ever aware of that, and you will do fine+

#6 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

He closed his eyes, a play of a smirk pulling at his lips. " And I'll be going in with bare hands. Interesting. " He paused before coiling his fingers in to form a fist with this right hand. "When do I go in?"

Posted Image

#7 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

"as soon as we reach the planet. we'll have to work out the quietest way to insert you to the surface, but we have plenty of time for that "

#8 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

Taking motion for the first time, he turned at his waist and scanned the contours of the walls. " How long until we arrive? I'm anxious." It had been a long time since he was confined to any particular setting. The idea was settling with him in an excitable fashion as he played games in his head with his future actions.

Posted Image

#9 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

"about an hour now, is there anything that you wanted from the armoury before you leave, and we make you over as a criminal?"

#10 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

His mind freezes with the offer as the toying smirk at the corner of his lips twists. " A criminal environment, acting as one, and being armed? You assume too little of me. My skills do not require instrumental arms." The fire in his eyes was ablaze. He would be in a very, very dangerous setting; all the better. He just wanted to get started after setting idle for so long. It seemed over the past months that fewer and fewer faulted to the point of anyone requiring his services....but he had a feeling that this time would be worth his wait. It was not to be mistaken as he did not find thrill in his 'job', only a sort of 'thrill' granted from being faced with a difficult task. He was always one to try to push himself - to become better - face stronger opponents and obstacles. There was a feeling that this would be one of those challenges.

Posted Image

#11 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

"The only thing that you may consider worthy of carrying is this" The inquisitor holds out a small, flat disk "It is a micro holo projector and it will allow you to contact me over vaster distances than my telepathy will allow."

#12 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Feeling a small sense of humor, he reached out and took the communication device that he had been granted. He had held models similar, but not quite like this one. Who knew; maybe it was modified in some way to detonate with enough force to destroy him once his mission was complete? With the powers dealing with him, he could only take it and be curious as there was no knowing - if there were anything different about the device at all. He tucked it away and nodded. " You'd be the type for frequent reports I would assume?"

Posted Image

#13 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:02 PM

"If you find out something which you deem to be important yes, but completion of your primary mission is the most important thing to me, more so than being told of no progress"

#14 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:55 AM

With a huff, he averts his eyes and sets his mind to his task. " Just get me there. "

Posted Image

#15 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

"If that is all then I suggest that you take some time in the chapel to make your peace with the emperor." says the inquisitor "I will have someone inform you when it is time to leave"

#16 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:14 PM

'Peace.' He rolled the word through his mind. With a simple nod, he made his way from the chamber, refusing to give the man a return glance, and carried on. Yes, he would go - but he would not pray. He would not speak. He would simply remain silent. So there he stood, silent, upon arriving. It was all he could give to his Emperor which was of truth and honesty. He had devoted his life to fringing on the shadows, just in reach of the light but too far away to feel it's warmth. So many times had he been the target of being swayed from his path - he had to keep his mind focused so as he did not stumble from his path and fall completely and be consumed by the darkness that yearned for him. The things he had faced, had seen, that he simply knew...it was truly a curse, one that he had grown fond of and learned to tend and care for.

He could feel no warmth, not even in this place. Not even knowing that the eyes of the Emperor were upon him, if even for a moment. All he could feel was the welling and ebbing tide of blackness chilling his soul. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath.

Posted Image

#17 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:36 PM

"You are a curious fellow, and I can see why the inquisitor would have chosen you." A man speaks from the shadows "You are very very violent, and don't embrace the light of the emperor as easily as some of the clerics here would. You might attract the right kind of attention, friend." and with that he steps back into the shadows

#18 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

With a quirked brow, he parts his lips to speak. " It's dangerous to approach a man from the shadows. Especially one you find dangerous." He hadn't seen nor even so much as sensed another presence in the room. To his understand it had been empty. His skills weren't dull - perhaps this was an oddity of chance, or the vessel itself was made to toy with him? More dangerous were it that the individuals simply had that level of skill in concealing themselves.

Posted Image

#19 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:49 PM

When you check to see, the strange individual has seemingly vanished without trace.
"Master?" a servant enters "I am bidden to ask whether you have any requests from the armoury?"

#20 Keiya

Keiya

Legatus Primus

• Interrogator
  • 1,368 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

With a quirked brow, he scanned the walls. Taking care to show no concern upon his face, he waved it and held it in his mind alone. As the voice filled his ears with question, he turned to face the servant. " A blade. Something easily concealed that I can get in with. That is all." A look of determination spread over his face.

Posted Image

Change Theme!