152 replies to this topic

#1 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

"Why do you think I have chosen you, assassin?" the inquisitor asks, and the assassin before him remains silent. "I could have chosen any one of the supplicants from the temples, and yet here you are"

You remain silent and then realise that the inquisitor is a psyker, and a very powerful one at that. He continues

"I have chosen you because your temple uses terror as a weapon, and my order knows more than most the power that can have. I have a mission for you."

He pauses again
"The planet beneath us is Thandros secundus, and it is a manufactory world. It builds tanks and arms for the entire sector. With such an important role, there are bound to be some dissident terrorists who would wreak havoc on such a valuable resource. Your target is an adept called Bravus Geddik. He leads a group of tech adepts who we heavily suspect are being seduced by chaos, and for that reason none of them can survive. We will drop you on the planet, and then you must find and eradicate all traces of this heretical cult. Any Questions?"

Spoiler

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#2 ogreninja

ogreninja

dark sorcerer of the night lords

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Issac looks out into the void at the planet below feeling the newly implanted combat stimm injectors around his neck and heart twitch in anticipation of the mission to come, looking at the skull helm attached to his belt and the neuro toxin gauntlet on his hand placing his hand on the executor pistol in its holster Issac slowly raises his gaze to the inquisitor "Inquisitor i have few questions, do you know the exact number of traitors that side with this adept Geddik? Do i have free reign to destroy what i think is corrupted material even if it is a prized artifact of the loyal tech adepts? also i would like to requisition some melta bombs and krak grenades i have all the other equipment my temple provided me with which will suffice" Issac awaits the answers looking at the floor just infront of the inquisitor
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

give them nothing, but take from them everything

#3 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

"melta bombs can be handled. Krak grenades also. We assume that Geddik has turned at least a contingent of adepts, and it will be in your interest to see whether they all gather in one place before making your strike. If you see corrupted material, you have our permission to destroy it, within reason. Don't leave any traces to my order however. Understood?"

#4 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:56 PM

" i understand there will be no trace left of the cult or the inquisition when i have finished Inquisitor, once I have my equipment I will head to the planet's surface with your permission of course" Isaac say looking again out of the view port to the planet below
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

#5 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

"As long as you are sure that you are prepared for the mission, and know what you are going to do, then you have my permission."
An adept scurries over with 2 melta bombs and two krak grenades.

#6 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

"my mission inquisitor as i understand it is infiltrate the planet find adept Geddik and his cult find out if they all meet in one location if they do remove the cult in one go if they do not kill them one at a time and sow terror to force them together as a group and eradicate them, destroy any heretical information bring you any leads of any more uprising or cultist activity elsewhere and leave no evidence of our involvement that is my mission briefing as i understand it. which hive do i need to infiltrate?" Issac says this as he places the grenades into secure pouches on his body
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

#7 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

"The hive that you need to infiltrate is called Hive Sekhari, and it is a vast manufactory Hive. There will be plenty of places to hide and observe. Be wary, this means that you could also be observed by them. How would you rather we get you in there? Drop ship to an outer hive, or drop pod to an outskirt?"

#8 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

" I would prefer drop pod insertion less travel time to the hive and i can make my base of operations in the bowels of the hive before I venture to the higher levels to find my target"
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

#9 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

"That sounds like a reasonable plan to me assassin. I expect that things will be ready for your departure within an hour. Final preparations would be advised."

#10 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

"I have all the equipment i need inquisitor from my temple and from you, I would like a schematic of the hive so i can study it on the way to the surface in the drop pod preferably with tunnels and ventilation systems. Other than that i am ready to go within the hour."
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

#11 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

"The schematic we can get for you, I had the foresight to have one prepared." The inquisitor hands him a physical copy, and a small holo projector as a digital copy. "Please note the prevalence of security systems in section delta 99, somewhere we have reason to think that the cult may be operating. "

#12 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Issac looks at the holo projector and keys up the required section and glances at it "ill find a way through the security grid inquisitor I will be as a shadow in the hive now with your leave i will go and board the drop pod. Do you have a frequency for extraction from the hive or will you know when to come and extract me" closing the projector down he looks at the inquisitor and awaits his answer
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

#13 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

"We will know when it is time to extract you from the mission, have no worries of that. If that is all then I would suggest that you visit the chapel and make peace with the emperor. I will have someone inform you of when it is time to depart."

#14 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Issac bows to the inquisitor and walks out of the room to the chapel, he then kneels in front of the statues of the emperor making the sign of the aquila on his chest and silently prays to the emperor
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

#15 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

"never have I beheld such a terrifying specimen of the emperor's wrath incarnate" a confessor calls out "strong, dark and terrible - but seeking only to vanquish the foes of our lord and master. Such is He that He will abscond all traitors and empower his servants with the ability to vanquish them from His galaxy. I bid ye well in your mission, and ask humbly whether there is anything you wish to absolve before you depart?"

#16 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:56 AM

Issac turns and looks at the confessor " my thanks for the praise confessor i have nothing to absolve yet though i may visit you on my return if you dont mind?"
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

#17 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 04:55 PM

"That would be most welcome, assassin." The confessor says and then bows.

#18 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

Issac bows to the confessor making the sign of the aquila over his chest before turning and heading out of the chapel to the drop pod hanger double checking his equipment and then places the skull mask of his order on to his face hearing and feeling the hiss of the mask connecting to his body suits control system. he cycles through the different vision mode of the mask and uploads the hive schematic to the wrist mounted pda. Issac wait patiently to board his drop pod reciting prayers of calm and patience silently to himself while watching the activity around him.
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

#19 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:31 PM

time wears on, and the ship draws near to it's optimum launch point. Silently a single pod slashes it's way through the atmosphere, it's cloaked body hiding it's cruelest intent. With a thunderous smash you hit the planet's surface and disembark. 38.2 Miles south of intended landing zone.

#20 ogreninja

ogreninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Issac gathers his equipment together and programs the return mechanism of the drop pod to send it back to the orbiting ship. Running to the north he keeps to the shadows avoiding the direct traffic on the planets surface heading toward Hive Sekhari.
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

Change Theme!