Photo

What DON'T you like about Warhammer 40k?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Larchus

Larchus

Meatshield

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:45 AM

Not liking Warhammer!? Heresy! *BLAM*

The exact opposite of Elite Legion's thread, name something about Warhammer that you don't like/dislike/hate about the series. It could be anything. I mean, come on, we all love Warhammer but there has to be something you don't like about it.

Everything I can think of, for me, all points back to one infamous person. The despicable Matt Ward. Specifically, his Ultramarines favoritism, his broken Grey Knights codex, what he did to the Necrons, and what he did to the Salamanders (Their black skin is a mutation. Because, you know, black skin isn't normal. Keep it classy, Matt). And yet, he still has a job at GW.

I'm also still bitter after what Gav Thorpe did to Chaos. I wouldn't be so upset by this if this didn't mean my pretty expensive army is weaker than everything else in the game.

Look at this fucking scrub, he doesn't even have a Warhammer avatar!
Posted Image

#2 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:47 AM

It's not real. That's what I don't like.

#3 Larchus

Larchus

Meatshield

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

I don't know. I sure as shit wouldn't want to live in that universe. Life is suicidetastic for anyone who isn't a warrior or something. Unless you're Tau. Tau get vacations.
Look at this fucking scrub, he doesn't even have a Warhammer avatar!
Posted Image

#4 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:50 AM

I'm appalled at what has become of the tabletop after 2nd edition. I feel 3rd-5th (Or is it 6th now?) is horrible and a complete travesty. As for the books, I enjoy them. Though they are very guilty of lacking an equalizer. What I mean is that everyone in any story is always the best. But you can't have a ton of the bests. When one primarch is the most skilled swordsman, the next story can't have a different most skilled swordsman, but in the books that happens ALL the time.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#5 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:52 AM

I don't know. I sure as shit wouldn't want to live in that universe. Life is suicidetastic for anyone who isn't a warrior or something. Unless you're Tau. Tau get vacations.

Lol I want to be a Chaos Marine. Night Lords FTW!

#6 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:54 AM

i hate how you have to spend SO MUCH MONEY on the table top figures its insane and the fact that if you don't have the right edition of tabletop items then you can't participate in official tourneys.....i mean come on thats f'd up and i agree with yapay
Posted Image

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

i hate how you have to spend SO MUCH MONEY on the table top figures its insane and the fact that if you don't have the right edition of tabletop items then you can't participate in official tourneys.....i mean come on thats f'd up and i agree with yapay

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#8 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 08:05 AM

UltraSmurfs, Matt Ward, prices, finecast being more expensive to buy but cheaper to make.

The only normal good thing about it is Black Library. Mostly unnaffected by Matt Wards shit disgusting attempts at fluff and the prices being reasonable for what they are.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#9 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:57 AM

Pretty much everything that's been said above. Matt Ward is the GW Anti-Christ and I'm amazed he's still working for them. The versions of the game I've seen since 2nd Edition have been dumbed down, child friendly versions that haven't come anywhere near as close the greatness that version had acheived. Prices are outrageous and I think if it weren't for the HH books and the DoW + SM games then I really don't think I'd have anything to do with GW anymore.

Posted Image

#10 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

Lachrus, you nailed down to the letter what I dislike about the table top and codexes.

The universe itself, I guess it would the fact that Cain not canon! (or is he?)

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#11 Good Monsin

Good Monsin

Meatshield

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:40 AM

I don;t like how they refuse to add anymore to the lore in recent years because they don't want to have to innovate. There is so much story, and they will never add to it because of money.h

Good Monsin, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Jan 2012.

#12 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:53 AM

?? They are releasing tons of books which are expanding the lore all the time. What are you talking about?

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#13 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:55 AM

I think he means to advance the timeline closer to the end times of the 41st millinium.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#14 Good Monsin

Good Monsin

Meatshield

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:58 AM

They don't capitalize on the big story lines though. They don;t really advance anything but just add to the post heresy world and give more fluff in the story arcs that have already been there.
Good Monsin, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Jan 2012.

#15 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:06 AM

I'm appalled at what has become of the tabletop after 2nd edition. I feel 3rd-5th (Or is it 6th now?) is horrible and a complete travesty. As for the books, I enjoy them. Though they are very guilty of lacking an equalizer. What I mean is that everyone in any story is always the best. But you can't have a ton of the bests. When one primarch is the most skilled swordsman, the next story can't have a different most skilled swordsman, but in the books that happens ALL the time.

This is why I love the book Fifteen Hours, my first IG novel.

The main character isn't some Imperial Guard elite, he's a recruit in his first battle being guided by the Veterans around him and his training. Such a great story...

I think Graham McNeil also did a good job with portraying Ventris as good enough to be Captain, but not the best by any means.

What I don't like has already been said 1000 times. Matt Ward turned me off playing the TT again. If they're coming out with a new Tau codex by I'm not buying it...

Worst case scenario my Commander Shadowsun becomes the offspring of a Dark Eldar Wych and a Tau prisoner during "torture"...

Hnng...I really need to find Captain David IRL and slap him for giving me that image -_-
“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#16 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:10 AM

the 41st millenium ended with the 13 black crusade i believe

Posted Image

#17 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:37 AM

They don't capitalize on the big story lines though. They don;t really advance anything but just add to the post heresy world and give more fluff in the story arcs that have already been there.

Because in the end we know what happens: Humanity dies and Chaos is destroyed or detereats over time allowing life and the surviving races to live on. As said in the Alpha Legion HH book.

Posted Image

#18 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:31 PM

Because in the end we know what happens: Humanity dies and Chaos is destroyed or detereats over time allowing life and the surviving races to live on. As said in the Alpha Legion HH book.

I dont know that I fully trust them, I believe it was a way to divide the Alpha Legion from the Emperor. They were clearly wrong about Horus winning after all.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#19 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:58 PM

Agreed the Price is my bug bear. Love the game love to paint them but £8 plus for a single fig!!! come on.
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#20 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

I dont know that I fully trust them, I believe it was a way to divide the Alpha Legion from the Emperor. They were clearly wrong about Horus winning after all.

And we all know everysingle Alpha Legionairey is a splinter cell and even the ones who the Alpha Legion secretly replaced their entire Chapter/Legion geneseed stock with Alpha Legion ones who will all of a sudden simultaneously turn Loyalist, destroy Chaos (I assume over 10,000 years would be enough to find a way), and then Alpharius and Omegon will do some impossible shit to bring the Emperor back. Oh yeah, and the Sisters of Battle will likely be destroyed by Matt Ward in between that.

Just As Planned bitch :P

Posted Image

Change Theme!