Photo

What started the Imperium and Eldar war?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
26 replies to this topic

#1 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Well I have been wondering this what happened did someone see an xeno that wasn't Green, Saying don't touch da teeth and WAAGGHHH!

But seeing that the Imperium Pre Heresy didn't seem that radical compared to post heresy Imperium. What caused it did the Eldar use their I am older and smarter and arrogant all the time and even though my race created a Chaos God so I am still more awesome than you....

What happened to cause the war. Did Fulgrim see them and decided that because they are not Human they have to die? Did the Emperor also hate Xenos and just attack them on sight?

Did another Primarch just decide to kill them or something like that?

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

Pre-Heresy all Xenos were bad in the eyes of the Imperium. Eldar included. The Eldar don't actually have an issue with Mankind, they just wish they'd stop getting in the way of things and touching their stuff.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#3 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

I was just wondering as the Eldar seemed to be a bit reasonable and the Imperium was also reasonable so I thought they might have tried to get along but some Primarchs do not like Xenos at all. So I thought a Primarch might have kinda fucked everything up =P Then again Primarchs did fuck up the Imperium =P

But Eldar have stuff that is shiny. We deserve it because it is Shiny =D

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#4 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

The Imperium was actually not reasonable. It is more reasonable now. As before their philosophy was "Are you human?" If no, then you died. If yes, "Did you use Alien stuff?" If yes, then you died.

Posted Image

#5 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 05:40 PM

The goal was always a galaxy ruled by mankind. Manifest destiny bitch!

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#6 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Pointy ears versus non pointy ears, the out come was inevitable.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#7 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:27 PM

Really I thought that the Imperium during the Great Crusade new Alien Races could be protected by the Imperium but my guess they would never tell the Aliens that they would be treated as slaves in a way by any humans that came along. So long as they never did anything really bad to the Imperium or any humans that were near by in a close by system or anything like that.

Were the Eldar a threat during the Great Crusade or were they still stuck worrying about their great fall and all that stuff?

Wasn't the Emperor fiddly around with Web way stuff the Eldar used? Couldn't the Emperor have asked them about it? Wouldn't the Eldar have been more than happy to help the Humans stop using the Warp and being exposed to its sweet sweet power.

#8 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

No, the Webway is very special to the Eldar. They would have tried to assassinate the Emperor if they knew what he was doing. The Eldar were more powerful during the crusade because the Eldar race is actually getting weaker as time goes by since they are slowly dying out.

And it was death, not slavery. There was no talking to non-Aliens, just purge purge and more purge. I hate to make the analogy but during the crusade the Imperium of man were like the Nazis, and everyone that wasn't human was a Jew. No discussion. No reasoning. Just death to the people that are different.

Posted Image

#9 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

So humans on a planet that was inter species.
Would Humans on a planet also be put to death for being in contact with aliens or would they be spared if they fought against the aliens of the planet or helped the Imperium with the conquering of the planet?

So did the Eldar ever put up a really struggle against the Imperium in any way? I think they could have taken on the Imperial Army now and then but if a Legion came along. Say that one of the Legions came to cleanse the planet of Eldar they would driven them away within a few months or could Eldar have held back one of the Legions and won?

So in say the 50K would Eldar be a rare Oddity seen around the Galaxy? Because Dark Eldar could just steal someone else's soul and survive for long can't they because I think Slaanesh is feasting on their soul and they eventually die if they stop stealing souls. (Knowing me I have got it wrong about the Dark Eldar) =P

#10 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:16 PM

In response to the first part. Depends on the Legion. Salamanders would take the humans that saw the light in. Most of the others would say "Nope you are alien lovers and tainted, burn."

As to the second Eldar already are a rare oddity. They don't get stumbled upon, and only show up when they mean to. Generally they stay out of everyone's way as they scry the future trying to protect the universe from itself. And during the crusade they did fight. In Promethean sun it is about an Eldar world under attack from Iron Hands, Death Guard, and Salamanders. The legions win, but it is a hard fought victory.

Posted Image

#11 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:17 PM

And it was death, not slavery. There was no talking to non-Aliens, just purge purge and more purge. I hate to make the analogy but during the crusade the Imperium of man were like the Nazis, and everyone that wasn't human was a Jew. No discussion. No reasoning. Just death to the people that are different.

Which the term "Catholic space Nazis" is coined from and for them. :D

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

In the original fluff The Eldar helped The Emperor conquer all of Earth and pacify Mars (guidance and prophecy, not with warriors). There was the inevitable skirmishes with Exodites and Raiders but the Craftworld Eldar and The Imperium did not interact.

Horus changed that, when he turned against The Emperor he Life-Eatered a maiden world.

It was part of the three tragedies, Eldar, Magnus and Perturabo. All three pieces Horus manipulated against his father.

However in the new fluff The Eldar warned The Emperor about Horus and he killed them for their "lies"

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#13 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

Eldar all look human...pink skin and hair etc... But i agree they don't have anything against us just they wish they'd stop poking their noses in shit that don't concern them like D.O.W 1 the eldar and the yay have fought with the Imperium and both haven't got anything against them...the tai want us to join them in the greater good and the eldar want us to piss off outta their affairs as they are chaos' oldest enemy

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#14 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

like D.O.W 1 the eldar and the yay have fought with the Imperium

I didn't know the Imperium waged war on cocaine??? ;)

But anyways, I just think it's ironic that the Emprah founded the Imperium on Reason and Logic and despised religion and superstition, and now thats basically what the Imperium runs on
Posted Image

#15 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

Horus didn't really manipulate Magnus. I don't know much about the ironwariors. But it seems to me that horus just used the jelosy thing against the ironwariors. I don't remember the craft world part either.
I am become death. The destroyer of worlds.

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

Horus didn't really manipulate Magnus. I don't know much about the ironwariors. But it seems to me that horus just used the jelosy thing against the ironwariors. I don't remember the craft world part either.

Horus altered Russ's orders from bring back Magnus for questioning to destroy everything

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#17 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:17 PM

I still imagine the Eldar would put aside their differences with humanity, Eldrad did host an outdoor tea party with Fulgrim did he not?

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#18 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:27 PM

Why send Fulgrim to see the Eldar he hates anything that isn't human....

#19 Angry Comedian

Angry Comedian

3rd company Standard Bearer

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:35 PM

An elder Farseer had a bitchin party and didn't invite the EMPORER ,end of discussion .
Posted Image
YOU THINK THATS FUNNY, SAY YOLO ONE MORE F*#kING TIME

#20 ogreninja

ogreninja

dark sorcerer of the night lords

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:43 PM

Why send Fulgrim to see the Eldar he hates anything that isn't human....

Why I do believe you have answered your own question lol
Posted Image

formidonis per obscurum

give them nothing, but take from them everything

Change Theme!