25 replies to this topic

#21 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:06 PM

Looking at the Tau range, I'd say they do. A new Tau codex should be coming soon (BT, Eldar, Chaos Legions and Dark Angels are also soon), and the current Codex is ok. Seeing as it's six years old, I think it's aged fairly well. Just because GW don't do massive kits (that's the very reason for Forgeworld) doesn't mean they don't care.

Be grateful you don't play Dark Eldar. 12 years for a new codex, and when it comes out we get about 12 months with it before it's gimped by 6th Ed. Great.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#22 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:11 PM

I know the reason for forge world...but all im saying is they put out loads of models for the sm and dark eldar but its been a long time since ive seen a new tau

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#23 Authrix

Authrix

Chief Organ Thief

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 3,926 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Dark Eldar are the second newest xenos army to be updated (most recent being Necrons) and they've been waiting 12 years for that update. I think they deserve a lot of new models. SM, well, they're the poster boys. I don't think they've really produced anything new for vanilla marines recently apart from the Stormtalon. Yes, Tau do deserve an update. So do 'Nids, Eldar, Chaos Daemons, Black Templars... the list goes on Just gotta wait your turn I'm afraid. The only army I can think of that's been bumped a lot without having a new codex is Guard.

You need your head examined - CruciasNZ

Authrix stop making me spill things on my laptop with what you post - Pony

I cannot oblige Pony.

#24 forcanator

forcanator

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:00 PM

Tau overwatch. Nuff said.

No, ORKS overwatch. Thats gonna be fucking scary! What do you thinks gonna happen when you charge 10 Burna Boys in a Trukk?

Well, I wont charge burnas in a trukk. I'll shoot the heck, (that's right, Hech) out of em. 
to Cryonickleech. i must humbly disagree with your that the crisis suits are not much of a threat. I play Tau and everyone i play, and i play some great gamers, fear my battle suits. now they are better in the fact that after i deep strike and blow you away with 6 plasma shots and 6 missile pods in addition to whatever drones i have, I can jet away into cover. Then I can continue to do this the entire game while you scurry to try and intercept me all the while my rail guns and pulse rifles are pounding your army into dust. You might be thinking "I can catch that unit of crisis suits pretty quickly", that is true but what about 3 units of them, 2 of which are command units with lots of shield drones all raining down plasma shots and missiles.

I would like to thank all that responded to this thread and leech please take this with humor. i am going to try and play several games over this labor day weekend to see how the Tau really hold up. If any of you are in or near southern Indiana and would like to challenge me to a few games let me know.
The Lord of all humanity has my eternal allegiance.

#25 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

There is also VASSAL for playing games Forcanator.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#26 Cryonicleech

Cryonicleech

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:24 PM

Forcanator, a LOT of hypotheticals in there.

Feel free to deep strike in with your T4, +3 save suits. I've got 3 S7 AP2 Large Blast Templates and 2 S8 AP 3 Large Blast Templates with your name on them. Additionally, I've got lascannon teams, Vendetta flyers, CSM with Plasma Guns, and more fun, fun toys with which to hurt those battle suits. 2D6 movement is as fast as the dice roll, and you're not exactly zooming away at 8" either. Go ahead and roll a 12 too. I've got 36" of room to blast them away to kingdom come.

And Pulse Rifles? Please do keep your Fire Warriors out in the open, my pie plates would love to have a word with your T3 5+ save troops.

I'd love to play a game on Vassal. Look, I like the Tau, and they're hardly a "bad" army. But fact of the matter is, their book is old. They need an update and they need it soon.
"I am the Arch-fiend, the Despoiler of Worlds, and by my hands shall the false Emperor fall."
- attributed to Abbadon the Despoiler, Warmaster of Chaos
Posted Image

Change Theme!