#21 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Wonderful. I miss this stuff
I am become death. The destroyer of worlds.

#22 Infirmus the Decayed

Infirmus the Decayed

Bearer of Plagues

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:57 AM

Wait! Is Yapay part of this community?! I was playing against him earlier today haha
Give yourself to Nurgle fleshling; for we shall all be his in the end!

Death for the Death Lord!!

#23 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

++Segmentum Tempestus++
++Loki Sector++
++Lokasenna System++

‘Captain, we have exited the warp, praise to the Emperor,’ Grimaldus said, entering the Captains room. Grimaldus was clearly a native of Rynns world, the accent, dark hair, tan skin. He was a scout during the disaster of Rynns world, newly promoted to full battle brother. Rumor is the Reclusiarch has their eyes on him for Chaplaincy.

‘Thank you Brother, please relay the message to the rest of the Command Staff, have them meet me in the Tacturn center.’
‘Honor to the 3rd!’ Grimaldus said as he saluted and strode away.

‘Serve the Emperor.’ Returning the salute, Gerhart grabbed his favored power sword, a gift while in service to the Death Watch. On the butt of the sword was crimson fist which seemed to glow with a red aura, and on the cross of the golden handle the words Pax Vobiscum. With a final glance around the spartanly decorated room, his eyes stopped on an old painting of father Dorn and the first chapter master Alexis Polux. It was a simple painting, but one of the few possession he allowed himself. The remaining items were a shrine to the Emperor, and a 3rd Company banner with the words Recta Ratio scrawled above it.

Feeling he had wasted enough time he exited the room, two brothers in full dress slammed their fists to chest in salute, a simple nod was returned as he continued. The ship was alive with activity, chapter serfs went about their endless duties, failures to the chapter, failures to the Emperor, but in this way they served. As he approached the Tacturn center he could hear the rumblings of discussion, a smile crossed his face, his brothers always kept him on his toes, and never allowed him to grow complacent. He was first greeted by his favored Veteran, Tech-Marine Apulo, always abuzz with sounds, and ticks.

‘Hail Captain, everything is in order, the spirit has been soothed.’ Brother Apulo was older, the lines showed on his face. A grizzled warrior who had seen everything in his four hundred years of service. The four service studs above his eye always grabbed Gerharts attention, such a wonder it was. ‘Good Brother, the ship is new, young, strong, wild, much like the 3rd Company.’

It was true the Righteous Truth was newly assigned to the Crimson Fists, Kantor himself saw to it. A monster of a ship, the 2nd Battlebarge employed by the Crimson Fists, and the ships spirit was hungry. A master Tech-Marine like Apulo knew how to control it; a finer Tech-Marine Gerhart had never met. He served alongside another master Tech-Marine in the Deathwatch, a Raven Guard Crucias was his name, but that was long ago.

‘Everyone is assembled?’ He knew it was the case; none would make the Captain wait.
‘It is so Captain, let us convene.’ The two then walked in, the entrance of the Captain immediately hushed the room. Such was the presence of the Captain, most saluted, some with more familiarity, Veteran Sergeants Aries and Ansgar, simply nodded. The Captain approached his seat at the head of the table. An Imperial Aquila behind the seat gave the Captain the appearance of silver wings. The only other notable decoration was another banner of the 3rd.
‘Let us begin Brothers.’

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#24 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 06:57 PM

keep up the good work brother, cant wait to read more

Posted Image

#25 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:23 AM

awesome gerhart
Posted Image

#26 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:27 AM

Very nice.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#27 Yapay38

Yapay38

Ⓝⓘⓖⓗⓣ Ⓛⓞⓡⓓⓢ

• Premium Member
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:05 AM

Just read through all three parts. Very nice I like it. And why do I feel like I'm hated?

#28 blakshade

blakshade

Cpt. Sir Cuddles

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:15 AM

this deserves the "nummy ricious" award :)
Last Thing You Will Experience In This World is the Warmth of My Snuggles

#29 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:20 PM

I like it! Keep it up comrade!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#30 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:34 AM

I loved it! Good work Gerhart
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#31 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:38 AM

very nice story brother captain, could we expect more from you? its really good.
Posted Image

#32 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

Yes, some time this week I hope. Been busy, thank you guys.

Posted Image

#33 Darkanis

Darkanis

Black Cardinal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:08 AM

Well done brother! Keep it coming.

Posted Image

#34 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:16 AM

++Segmentum Tempestus++
++Loki Sector++
++Lokasenna System++

‘Brothers we received a distress signal from Lokasenna System, reference point of Nagrind I an outer system defense station. Signal was sent as high priority, Xenos invasion, Orks. Message seemed off, no major warp travel detected in system that would give cause for a large scale invasion. Nagrind I went offline shortly after the message was sent. Nagrind II and III have also gone down, Nagrind IV and V are still operational, no distress signals, and operating normal. I don’t see this being an Ork operation, way to clean, but the greenskins have shown on Armageddon they are capable.’ Letting it sink in Gerhart continues, ‘Notable worlds in-system, Hel mining world, Nagrind II was outer defense station, no word as of yet.’ A slamming gauntlet brings the attention to Veteran Sergeant Aries.

‘Captain, this could not be greenskins work!’ With obvious venom in his voice for the hated Orks, Aries was a survivor of Rynns World, a fellow Assault Sergeant of the 3rd Company. Somewhat of a hot-head but a match for any in melee, a regular sparring partner of Gerhart. ‘Greenskins are messy, reports….’ Breaking in the Captain continues.

‘Save the anger Brother, we intend to find the cause. We will root out all threats, you will lead a strike team to Nagrind II to investigate, and attempt contact with operations on Hel,’ A nod from stalwart Aries was enough.

‘Midgard, Agri-World, Defense station Nagrind III, no reports from planet itself. Sergeant Phoenix will lead a team to Nagrind III, and then to Midgard if needed’

‘In His name!’ Phoenix slams his fist to chest in response.

‘Ragnarok, Death World, Defense station Nagrind V, high priority planet Brothers. It is a recruiting world for many Chapters of Dorn. Infested with barbaric Orks, among other hazards, keeps the Humans strong. Population is kept in check by local system Adeptus Astartes. Small squad level detachment is based at Nagrind II, no communication has been received. Current Chapter assigned to system, Iron Knights, Chaplain Galahad leads current detachment.’

‘Why no word from the Iron Knights? Possible they were overrun? I find that unlikely this system and defenses were built by Dorn himself.’ Chaplain Arch interjects, ‘We are to take over next cycle of recruitment in-system correct? I myself was supposed to be assigned here.’

‘Yes Chaplain, you and I will lead a team too Nagrind II. We will find out why our Brothers from the Iron Knights have not reported in,’ with a cool determination in his voice.

‘Brother Tech-Marine Apulo, you will take a team to Nagrind I to investigate the source of the signal.’

‘It will be done Brother-Captain.’ Apulo can always be counted upon to carry out orders, very precise as any Tech-Marine would be.

‘Brother Librarian Jarhead, I’m sure you have figured out where I’m sending you, Nagrind V. Check the station thoroughly, and report as soon as you can. The recruiting world must be secured; many honored Sons of Dorn have come from there.’

‘I will find out what is happening Captain, His will be done.’ Though young the power that rippled from the Librarian was clear to all. His hair was close cropped in an ordered fashion, ever the marine. The single service stud shined with newness, it had not been long that he had earned that. Rumors, he was aware of them, were that he was the most powerful offensive psyker ever in the Crimson Fists.

‘If there is nothing else Brothers, you have your orders, inform your strike teams. We will root out the cause of this. Serve the Emperor!’ Slamming his Crimson fists into the table, letting a bit of his rage seep into his Brothers, and the effect was immediate.

‘HONOR THE 3RD!’ came back in perfect unison before they departed.

‘Brother Ansgar, a moment.’ Motioning to the company veteran, a constant ear for the Captain.

‘Of course Captain,’ Ansgar radiated battle, the scars were noticeable, and of course the three silver studs on his brow helped in that matter. By Gerhart’s estimation they would be joined by a fourth soon.

‘Do you see anything I do not? This doesn’t seem……right, this system is not heavily traveled yet not usually this barren.’

‘My thoughts are the same Gerhart; I believe you handle this correctly. It would take too long to travel together to each location, we must be fast. Your tactics are sound, focus your mind now, and let the doubt sink away.’ Slapping Gerhart on the shoulder, and a grinning. The two had formed an easy friendship, since Gerharts promotion.

‘Thank you Brother, it is one thing to worry about a squad, it’s another to worry about an entire company. I will not fail Master Kantor, the chapter can’t afford it.’

‘Ha, you won’t, I won’t let you. Now let’s get moving, we need to kill something,’ laughing together as they exit the room. Two brothers standing guard outside catch Gerharts eye.

‘Brother Hudson, Kululu we leave soon, get White from the lodge, and Legion’s in the sparring chamber?’ The two new Brothers snap a salute and head off in the different directions. The fresh paint still applied to the left fists invokes a determination in Gerhart. The new Brothers yet to be recruited must be defended; the Chapters future must be assured.

Posted Image

#35 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

Awesome piece brother-captain, cant wait for the rest :)

Posted Image

#36 Paladin Xenos

Paladin Xenos

For The Horde!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

:) love the history and how you tie us into it, very good story. :)
Posted Image

#37 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:26 AM

++Lokasenna System++
++Nagrind I++
++Strike Team Infrangibles++

The squad disembarked from the Thunderhawk, the ride in had been uneventful if not informative. Signs of destroyed Ork tech were strewn about. Tech-Marine Apulo had assessed by simple scans no life remained in the destroyed vessels, if you could even call them that. The heretical nature in which the greenskins used tech disgusted Apulo. He could sense his Brothers felt the same; such was the nature of the Fists now, as Orks has achieved a new level of hate in their eyes. In expected and calculated order the squad had set up a perimeter fanning out.

‘No signs of movement, area clear.’ Voxed Veteran Brother J, hefting his Heavy Bolter keeping it scanned on possible entry points. Half expecting and hoping some massive greenskin would come barreling in.

‘Life though, life is here, everything they infest must be cleansed.’ The retort came from dour Brother in sparkling white, a beacon of life and death. The collector, the savior, it weighs heavy on any marine asked to do this, but Brother Apothecary Dante carried that burden. A stalwart Brother, newly assigned to the 3rd, but he had made his presence known.

Clicking sounds, Apulo ignored the comments, focused on his mission. The Captain would know what happened, he had pledged this.

‘Brother Artanis, stay with the ship.’ Apulo signaled for the squad to move out, his machine like mind moving on not waiting for reply.

‘Bah! Always stuck with the ship. Never should have learned to fly.’ Turning back to the midnight blue ship, the crimson red fist was the only indication as to what Chapter it belonged. It seemed to radiate with the hate that burned inside all of them.

‘Quit your whining, follow orders.’ Snapped Brother J, never moving like some stone statue of myth.

‘Come Brother you were young once? Or have you forgotten your faults?’ Quipped Veteran Brother Emp, moving from position to take point as orders were issued.

‘The Captain has sent us here, we must complete this quickly. This system must be secured for the future of the Fists.’ Came the retort, with an edge of frustration hinting in his voice. Both formed an easy bond being survivors of the 3rd. Though they differed in how to present themselves to the newer Brothers. Brothers J choose to show how they should act, following orders, acting accordingly. Brother Emp on the other hand always the jokester, and never scolding. None of this bothered Apulo, he was used to it all.

‘Move out, reading indicate the signal is towards the command center.’ Apulo didn’t wait for reply’s, always taking in information. His mind worked on a different level, always calculating information.

Acknowledgment runes clicked into place. ‘We must show them the way Brother, the fight will find them all soon enough.’ Looking down at a dead Ork, its mouth still open from some foul death scream no doubt. Brother J smashed it underfoot smiling to himself, as he fell into line. Brother Emp merely shrugged and took up point, bolter at the ready.

As the Infrangibles moved further in, still no contact was made. Ork bodies became less frequent, humans much more well what was left of them. Bodies laid thrown about, smashed and sliced to pieces. Some with bolt rounds, no doubt cowards who dared to flee.

‘Hold, the auspex it just picked up movement then it was gone.’ Brother Greyest said, still fumbling with the controls trying to find the reading again. ‘It was there, then gone.’

‘Slow down, what direction?’ Emp advised his chainsword in hand now, ready for any assault.

‘The right, down the next corridor, there got it again.’ With resolve building in his voice.

‘Engage?’ Brother J said, violence barely contained in his voice.

‘Negative, we secure the command centers data first. If it is an Ork it will follow. Brother Artanis, be alert.’ Apulo motioned on intent of the mission.

They didn’t make it far, a screaming voice rang out. Though the voice was not of an Ork, it was human.

‘Traitors! Die!’ Las fire followed with the charge of a guardsman.
Emp did not move, the las-fire having no effect if it actually hit at all. He waited for the man to get close, pivoting to let the bayonet miss. He snatched the man by the shirt slamming him into the wall.

‘Calm yourself! Claim your mind; we are the Sons of Dorn!’ He shouted, he caught his eyes for a moment, frantic, and animal like. This mans mind was lost; he ended his suffering moving his hand to his neck, and with minimal effort snapping his neck. They man dropped to the floor lifeless like so many others.

‘He was lost.’ Solemn now Emp continued on, he never enjoyed taking a loyal servants life, but he would not allow suffering.

The rest of the trip was uneventful; some larger mounds of Orks, followed by one last mound of guardsman’s signaled the arrival to the command center. As Apulo went about gathering intel, the other spread out. Brother J and Greyest stayed outside taking up positions at the flesh barricade.

‘Is that damn thing of any use?’
Looking down at the auspex Greyest replied ‘seems to be some sort of interference.’

‘Damn tech, it’s always something. Natasha is all I trust, never fails me’ Said J rubbing his favored weapon. ‘Movement,’ continued J ready for what he knew was coming.

‘But, I have nothing on the auspex.’

‘Put it away, they come!’

‘WAAAAHHHHGGG!!!!!’ was the first sound, followed by further screams and grunts. The Orks when time came never worried about stealth. Then he saw them, ugly all of them. J felt the anger inside of him growing.

‘Brothers we are engaged! FOR THE EMPEROR!!’ Screamed J, unleashing his anger through the massive reactive shells in his heavy bolter. Orks died, bodies broken, and smashed apart.

‘Brothers, I have all I need, I’m setting self-destruct, ten minutes let us move.’ Apulos reply was clipped and precise. Emp didn’t need to ask why they would blow the defense station, he followed orders.

Posted Image

#38 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:32 AM

keep the good work brother, another awesome piece :)

Serve the Emperor, Honor the 3rd!!!

Posted Image

#39 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

‘We are destroying it? The Nagrind’s were built by Dorn himself! We can NOT abandon them!’ Shouted J, anger at the imminent destruction of his Fathers construction.

‘Were you not just telling the Initiates to follow orders?’ Emp said laughing

‘Brother you know this is different!’

‘Enough, there is more to this then we realized, we must leave and this station must be destroyed.’ Apulo said with a difference in his tone that brooked no disagreement.

Brother J laid one more salvo of fire down before switching to pistol and combat knife. Emp, and Dante filled the gap that J had exposed.

‘Move fast Brothers! Stay together! Send them all to their doom!’ Dante shouted his voice ringing with a sureness of victory. The 3rd would not be stopped, could not be, the Captains plans would work. Emp and Dante formed a fierce duo with Chainswords and pistols barking, they led as Apulo used the precision of his bolter to keep them from getting over whelmed. If any dared close enough they were ripped apart by Apulos mechanical arms. J and Greyest brought up the rear, snapping off shots when able.

‘The only way is forward! For the 3rd!!!’ Shouted Emp, the Infrangibles were a force of destruction, their hate for Orks fueling them to fight harder and faster.
‘Brother Artanis, status?’ No reply came, ‘Artanis!?!’ Apulo finally showed emotion in his voice, he could not lose a Brother. After Rynns world every Fist was needed.

With grunts of effort he spoke, ‘Large amount of contact Brother….’ More yelling and gunfire sounded. ‘How far till you can assist?’

‘Soon Brother, we will assist soon. Ready the ship when we break through. Serve the Emperor!’

‘HONOR THE 3RD!!’ Was the only reply other than gun fire. Artanis was hard pressed at the Thunderhawk, this spurred the others to greater feats of glory.

When they arrived in the hanger they witnessed Artanis being tossed aside by a giant Ork. Anger fueling them Emp and Dante charged.

‘Oi mor hummies!! An dey da fuun hummies!!’ It shouted the unnatural tone of its voice, angering them further. Hate, it was a gift from the Emperor the Captain always said. They would use it now to be sure.
Seeing the charge Apulo rushed to the ship to ready it, J took up firing position at the rear of the ship and unsheathed Natasha. Greyest followed behind Emp and Dante to support. As they approached Dante checked Artanis’ vitals in his helm, red not good he thought, but not dead.

‘Here you die greenskin!! FOR THE EMPEROR!!’ Shouted Emp forcing his body to the brink, faster than even he thought he could. He lunged at the massive drooling Ork, hoping it would take the faint. As any stupid beast it did, the axe swing came down with thunderous force. Emp side stepped it slamming his shoulder into the beast thigh, and firing his pistol into its knees. The ork reeled in anger his steps became unsteady, falling he punched aside Emp sending him sprawling.

With Emp clear Greyest let lose his bolter, the sick smack of the shells blowing apart the Orks screaming face was satisfaction. Emp was already on his feet, no time for thanks. Dante was gathering up Artanis’ limp body.

‘Board now, we are leaving.’ Apulos voice mechanical again, it had been interesting to hear emotion in it again thought J. They loaded up further without incident, and left the massive structure behind. Sadness filled Apulo as he watched it explode, another relic of Dorn lost. With the information he carried, he knew more would follow.

Posted Image

#40 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:00 AM

Just...Awesome...i want more, NO I DEMAND MORE.

keep up the work brother :)

Posted Image

Change Theme!