MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:46 AM

Beginning
988.M41
Krugerport, Badlanding

Serving in the Crimson Fists 3rd Company, Holders of the Line, under Brother-Captain Ashor Drakken was an honor, Drakken was a hero of the Crimson Fists, and a true leader Veteran-Sergeant Zacarias Gerhart would follow into the Eye itself. Gerhart had known leaders in his time, mouthing an oath to Him on Terra, and what had become a habit; touching his fingers to his two service studs above his right brow. Indeed he had known a few, but none had instilled the confidence, the loyalty, the courage, and perhaps most of all the brotherhood of Captain Drakken. Gerhart modeled himself after his beloved Captain. He prayed to the Emperor to let him lead his own squad with such skill. Since his return from the Death Watch Gerhart was assigned to the 3rd Company. Drakken did not hesitate, putting Gerhart in command of the Assault Squad, as Gerhart had been a sergeant of an assault squad in the 7th before being seconded into service of the Death Watch.

Gerhart had heard the rumors, he was destined for Captaincy, and his service record was stellar. Captain’s had debated over who would receive him upon return. Gerhart cared nothing for this, he merely wished to serve, and do his duty. Upon meeting Drakken he was granted Veteran status earning the second crimson fist. Something about that meeting had lit a fire in Gerhart, Drakken he realized was everything he aspired to be. They formed a close bond, Drakken took to being his mentor without hesitation, and Gerhart accepted with humble honor.

Finishing his thought, he spied Drakken, who nodded in turn before issuing more orders.

“Brother-Sergeant…..” Brother Aries says, “Sergeant the squad is ready” Aries. Snapping out of thought, Gerhart slamming his helm into place and giving a nod to Drakken, turns to his second. Returning the nod to his mentor, and turning back to his squad “Brothers, sound off.” As Squad Gerhart, the Indomitables as they had become known, finished checking in Gerhart finished taking in the latest report from the scout squad.

“You know our orders Brother, I don’t need to repeat them. In His name we will turn the greenskins back here!” Gerhart says, seeing the effect on his brothers he is satisfied. They move into position quietly, like ancient tigers ready to pounce when given the word. They flank the command squads right as Drakken’s sword arm, his most deadly order he can give, to unleash the Indomitables.

As they moved forwards into Krugerport, Drakken gave the order for Sergeant Werner to split off with his thirty men. Gerhart knew why he was not given command of that group, he was needed by Drakken should things go wrong. Drakken was a master tactician, Gerhart had marveled and been humbled by it many times since his return. Continuing in, Gerhart could sense his squad’s anger at the slaughter by the greenskins. It was difficult for even him to contain and maintain focus, but he would, and he would illuminate these foul xenos to their folly. Rubbing his thumb around the activation rune of his power hammer, Pax Vobiscum, gifted to him while in service to the Death Watch. Settling his mind he begins to speak to his Brothers ‘remember what you see here bro..’ a shot rings out. Gerhart's mind races, it was not a xenos weapon, it was a rifle, the scouts had given their position away!

‘Astartes fall back!’ Drakken. Gerhart could not believe it, what had happened? He tried to raise his Captain on the vox, but it was just static. ‘Indomitable, to skies!’ cried Gerhart, he would know what happened, and he would not abandon his Captain. At the peak of his jump he saw it, the moment that still haunts him, the only moment in his two hundred and forty years of life that has haunted him. A giant, giant for even a greenskin fired upon Drakken and a downed Brother. Gerhart roared in protest as he saw his Captain fall, this could not be he thought not now not here. ‘Indomitable one too Tempest one,’ ‘Tempest one, go ahead’ said Werner. ‘Drakken is down, I repeat Drakken is down,’ silence was returned. ‘Werner, I’m getting his body, call the thunderhawks, some must return to warn Kantor.’ ‘Understood Brother, we will cover you.’

The fighting that followed was some of the worst of Gerhart’s in his long service. The xenos numbers were far too large, brothers gave their lives in countless heroic deeds. Deeds that would be lost, deeds that deserved to be remembered, and yet this was just the beginning. This was the beginning of the worst disaster that would befall the Crimson Fists. Of eighty four marines sent, only twenty eight would return to Rynn’s World. The worst was yet to come.

993.M41
New Rynn City
Five years after the disaster of Rynn’s World

‘Brother-Sergeant Gerhart, Master Kantor and the Crimson Counsel request your presence,’ Brother Maximus White. ‘Understood, thank you Brother.’ Gerhart knows what is coming, rumors have always been around. The 3rd company is at full strength, and has no Captain. Yes he knows what is coming, but it makes it no easier. How can he take the mantle of Master of the Line, command of the 3rd Company. He has spoken with the Reclusiarch countless times about his failure. It is not my failure he is told, yet he carries the burden. Making his way toward the heroes of the Chapter, is mind races, doubts, wonders, worries. As he approaches the room he crushes the thoughts, ‘Focus.’ With a word he steps in, Pedro Kantor sits upon a throne a giant mural of Alexis Polux behind him, Captain’s arrayed to his sides. Captain Ibelin Balian 2nd Company, Captain Alessio Cortez 4th Company, Captain Selig Torres 5th Company. There were others in the council, but they were sent on recruiting missions as the Chapter was in dire need of more Astartes.

Gerhart approaches the throne, kneeling before Master Kantor. ‘Brother Gerhart, rise please. I’m sure you know why we are here, why you are here, but first we must talk. We must review, as is tradition.’ says Kantor with a smile of honest brotherhood. ‘Of course Master, I’m humbled by this is all,’ ‘See I told you, he’s Drakken all over.’ says Cortez grinning from ear to ear. ‘Would I be so worthy Brother-Captain,’ says Gerhart while standing. ‘Enough Brothers, let us begin. Balian, a review of his joining if you will’ says Kantor with a reassuring nod towards Gerhart.

I would write more, but I’m crazy tired!

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#2 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

Wow, this was a great start. I can't wait to see more!

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#3 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

Very nice. Glad to see we have so many potential story tellers on Gothic Wars.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#4 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:27 AM

I have been reinspired lately. Though seriously I want to kill Yapay in your story hahahahahaha.

Reading yours, I have a lot of work to make mine better.

Posted Image

#5 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:57 AM

I'm really flattered, thanks. We are always our own worse critics, and the only way to get better is to just keep writing. So write away!

Posted Image

#6 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:12 AM

This was really good Gerhart, great read
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#7 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:16 AM

*applauds*

#8 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:49 AM

Not bad!

#9 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:25 AM

Great work Brother, waiting for the rest

Posted Image

#10 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

Wait. Adding more of us? But those of us not blinded by the false Emperor could only be targets in your story.

Posted Image

#11 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:50 PM

Wait. Adding more of us? But those of us not blinded by the false Emperor could only be targets in your story.

Not ya'll, guys who never came over from Graia like Darkanis.

Posted Image

#12 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

im guessing theres no way us Lizards could come in is there?
Posted Image

#13 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:32 PM

im guessing theres no way us Lizards could come in is there?

?

Posted Image

#14 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

we were talking about more people in the story?
Posted Image

#15 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:57 PM

Maybe later down the road, I have enough guys in my Chapter to work in the story. I'm no writer, perhaps you could start your own?

Posted Image

#16 Draco Ny'ade

Draco Ny'ade

Forgefather

• Interrogator
  • 2,208 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:13 PM

i am no writer either - i could try but it would be lacking

Posted Image

#17 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

I look forward to it Brother-Captain, couldn't be any worse then mine.

Posted Image

#18 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:12 AM

Stop selling yourselves short. As long as you take time and you're interested to read what you're writing others will enjoy it too.

Posted Image

#19 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:47 PM

Nicely done I'll try to help you out by working our meeting into a flash back my marine has will save you an introduction lol but hey you did a great job Brother.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#20 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

Captain Ibelin Balian of the 2nd Company was newly raised having served under the fallen Captain Drigo Alvez during the defense of New Rynn City. Balian had proven himself an able commander after Alvez’s sacrifice. Balian had defended the city brilliantly until Master Kantor arrived to re-take command. After Rynns world was retaken Balian was promoted to Captain of the 2nd Company.

Running his fingers through his long black hair, ‘Brother Gerhart, this is an account of your induction, and deployment into the Chapter.’ Scratching his short beard, Gerhart marveled at how young Balian still looked, his face showed no signs of the battles he had faced in his two hundred years. He could tell, much like himself, Balian was still uncomfortable in the presence of Kantor and the other Captains. ‘Segmentum Ultima, Mordant Zone, Attilan System, Attila III, Feudal World, Iron age Technology. Born Zacarias Reynald, 762.M41. Recruited 773.M41, age 13 Terran standard years. Area unknown, nomadic tribe, recruits from world eight, unique occurrence genetic brother also recruited, Brother Maximus White former name Reynald. Recruits promoted to 10th company scout squad, three. Scouts promoted to Initiates, two. Company Assigned 7th, under Deceased Captain Lindron Vilmer. Assigned to 2nd Assault squad under Sergeant Selig Torres, now Captain of the 5th.’ With an easy laugh ‘Hahahaha Gerhart was still wet behind the ears! Nearly killed himself with that damned jump pack hahaha.’ The still grinning Captain Torres nodded towards Gerhart and back too Balian. Without losing step ‘Upon Torres’ promotion, Gerhart promoted to Sergeant of 2nd Assault Squad 7th Company. 890.M41 Service stud granted, 905.M41 seconded into the Death Watch. Returned 972.M41, assigned to the 1st Assault squad, 3rd Company, under Deceased Captain Ashor Drakken. Promoted to Veteran Sergeant 970.M41, by Drakken.’ Balian steps back saluting Master Kantor.

‘Thank the Emperor that parts done!’ says Cortez grinning from ear to ear. ‘Yes, let us continue. High Chaplain Argo, if you will battle accounts.’ Kantor says motioning towards the shadows to his right. Stepping from the shadows High Chaplain Argo, in full terminator armor and gleaming skull mask, ‘Yes Master, Brother Gerhart’s first notable engagements. 810.M41, Declates Crusade. Fought in mixed units with Black Templars as Scout Sniper, recon unit. Assigned to Sword-Brother Gerhart, after Crusade promoted to Initiate, assumed sur-name Gerhart.’ Pointing to the black cross on Gerhart’s right knee, ‘I see you still wear that badge of brotherhood, and why did you change your name?’

Looking to each, Gerhart begins ‘Chaplain, Captains, Master, the Declates Crusade was a bitter engagement where I first faced the hated greenskins. We were sent to the Declates system after several worlds had fallen overnight. Captain Vilmer and the 7th were dispatched in response, I was attached with a scout squad for assistance. At first Captain Vilmer’s plan of hit and run tactics were successful. Soon though the full weight of the invasion became apparent, and we were put on our back foot. We were outnumbered and required support, Marshal Korneliusz’s Crusade Company was close by and responded in kind. Even with the support both Chapters took heavy losses, we ended up being placed into squads together. I was placed in a squad with Sword-Brother Gerhart, he was the first marine I had looked up to, and he showed me a path with the sword. After the campaign was over the 7th required Initiates, I was chosen along with my Brother. It is a Templar tradition for neophytes to take their masters name, so in my small way I honored Gerhart as my teacher. I will always honor the Black Templars for the easy brotherhood they showed.’

With no sign of emotion Argo continued, ‘Next major action 853.M41 Battle of the Steel Cross, I believe Master Kantor, Captain Cortez, and Torres are familiar with the fighting there.’ Kantor shot up, beginning to laugh ‘Yes, Cortez famously disarmed the War-Boss by tricking him into getting his sword stuck in his ribs!’ ‘Imagine his surprise when I lopped his head off with his own sword stuck in my chest!’ Stepping forward to continue, ‘Brother Gerhart’s efforts in this battle resulted in receiving the Imperial Laurels for his acts of valor in holding key points so Captains Kantor and Cortez could assault the enemies main base.’ Kantor stood up with a sharp salute, ‘the 7th was the reason Cortez and I were able to win the day.’ Gerhart returned the salute slamming his right fist to his chest plate, ‘We merely did our duty, no more than that.’

Argo’s nodded seemingly impressed with the response, ‘Next, 879.M41 Purging of the Balur systems, the 1st, 2nd, 5th, and 7th companies responded to a call to arms to purge the hated orks from the system. In co-operation with many other chapters the Crimson Fists deployed a large amount of resources as this system, besides the orks in Chardon, are the closest system infested with orks. Overall the goal failed, but the Balur system was not a threat for a century because of action taken here. Former Master Jose Valverdos was killed in battle here in 900.M41, Captain Kantor rose to Master. Captain Largent Starr of the 5th company was killed in battle in 890.M41, Veteran Sergeant Torres was promoted to the 5th Company Captain. Gerhart was promoted to Sergeant in Torres’ place. Captain Vilmer of the 7th was also was killed in 892.M41, with Captain Caldimus Ortiz assuming command of the 7th.’ A deep sigh coming from Kantor, ‘Many great leaders lost during that campaign, we honor their sacrifice, and know that the campaign was a success as it held off a growing warrrghh.’ Argo’s continued, ‘The campaign was called off in 905.M41, Sergeant Gerhart was awarded many medals, and condemnations for his efforts, because of them he was also chosen to join the Death Watch in 905.M41. Actions in service to the Inquisition, are Inquisition records only. We don’t ask, and expect no detail of what took place in your time with them.’

Kantor stood and approached Gerhart with sword drawn, Captains Balian, Cortez, Torres, and High Chaplain Argo also approached. ‘Now that’s over, we can make this official. The 3rd is at full strength again Gerhart, but it requires a Captain. It is with the advisement of the Crimson Council, those present and not, that you are placed in command.’ Kantor placed his sword in front of Gerhart, ‘Will you accept, and swear the Oath?’

Kneeling Gerhart placed his left hand on the sword, and his right on the Holy Aquila on his chest. ‘Without hesitation I accept this duty, and with my life I will defend all in His name. Burn the Heretic, Kill the Mutant, and Purge the Unclean!’

‘Now rise Brother-Captain Gerhart! Rise and lead my 3rd Company!’ Says Kantor, slapping Gerhart on the shoulder. The others cheer, and begin to welcome. Argo’s only watches, ‘There is only the Emperor!’ He shouts, they all reply in unison ‘He is our shield and protector!’

A little long I know, but theres the newest part. Hope you enjoy it, I look forward to getting into some battle scenes soon.

Posted Image

Change Theme!