24 replies to this topic

#1 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:35 AM

Went to gamestop to pick up Microsoft points for the upcoming ME3 Leviathan DLC. I know a lot of the guys that work there, so I stop to talk with Kyle the cashier since there was no one else waiting in line. We discuss generic things, such as games coming out, the work day, and the last topic was what games we were really into at the moment.

I of course, mention Space Marine as one of the games holding my attention.

JUST SO HAPPENS there was this smart mouthed teenager looking through guide books and he snaps off a, "You mean that game that copied Gears of War 3?"

I normally ignore things like that, but I was in a bad mood so I reply back that the game hardly feels like Gears of War. I'm met with the expected, "But the game is obviously copied from Gears of War, it's just more futuristic."

I have to go into a brief explanation of what 40k is, what Space Marines are (Mentioning the bit about genetic enhancements and such from an early age), and why it has NOTHING to do with Gears of War.

And of course, "So you're saying they copied Halo Spartans...yeah totally original, have fun with that dude."

Where is a chainsaw when you need one...

Post any rage inducing moments below. They can be game related or just real life situations where you've wanted to physically rip someone apart with your bare hands.
“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#2 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:38 AM

You should have told him that 40k and Space Marines have been around since before he was born let alone the Xbox.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

#3 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

I was close to, but he walked out of the store and I didn't feel like prolonging the argument.

Edit: Today made me realize that the CoD/Halo fanboy stereotype isn't just limited to online behavior >_<

#4 Brother Chewy

Brother Chewy

Marine

• Interrogator
  • 916 posts
  • Xbox Live:Vakarian58
  • Steam:SN Vakarian

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:47 AM

i would have, i wouldve been like "OI!!! da hell you just say! take it back before i beat you with a 2by4!" and if he didnt i would have proceded to hit him in the face with a 2by4
Posted Image

#5 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:48 AM

Wow, I feel like destroying something right now! Hate those guys.

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#6 palin2004

palin2004

Chaos Lord Sorcerer

• Members
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

The only reply I usually give rejects of the human chromosome like that is "Well then, why don't we check the Copyright dates on these said things? oh wait, Warhammer came out how many decades before the IDEA of GoW came out? And Halo spartans would last how long vs space marines? yeah, shush up little nub." And yes, I've said that before.

9JeXAbU.jpg

Do not wonder those who are good without God, Pitty those who need God to be good.

#7 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

That was one of the first things I thought honestly...40k is awesome BECAUSE it was one of the first mainstream gritty, galaxy at war genres (barring starship troopers, which was published in the '50s)

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#8 Mister Snugles

Mister Snugles

Conscript

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

oooooooh me no talk me killlll!!!
seriously he should be lit on fire for his lack of real gaming knowledge, or at least muted.
STRWyverne68, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Jul 2012.

"In the dark all men are equal, except for those who embrace it."

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:30 AM

I generally just laugh at them and say their lack of knowledge is pitiful, if you walk out on them laughing their pride is wounded and they remember it

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#10 Mister Snugles

Mister Snugles

Conscript

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:42 AM

Last laugh classic, but im afraid inquisitions right "violence solves everything"
Like for instance
Once upon a time there was a cat and he was violent, the cat being violent and hungry decided to kill some mice and eat them. He did and they were good, then the cat decided to go outside and violently murder a bird, so it did and the bird was good. Soon though the cat had to go number two, but the greedy cat having spotted a squirrel decided to murder the squirrel first and go shit second, so the cat climbed up the tree and violently killed and ate the squirrel. Unfortunately the cat was afraid of heights and refused to climb back down the tree, so he starved to death, THE END.(this is a true story... well sorta)
See violence solves all immediate needs but in hindsight it is never any-good :(
STRWyverne68, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Jul 2012.

"In the dark all men are equal, except for those who embrace it."

#11 JxExFxF

JxExFxF

Crimson Fist Co.2 Veteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

hahaha that is funny, if u asked i would have brought the chainsword or atleast a suitable raplacement (chainsaw)

You Run. You Hide. I Charge On For Glory Is To Die For.

#12 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 06:16 PM

I rage every time I play Skyrim because it crashes EVERY 5 FUCKING MINUTES!

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#13 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

I rage 75% of the time I play space marine, because I have A RED ONE-BAR CONNECTION!! Anyone who has complained about lag and has never had to play with a red connection, GO FUCK YOURSELF.
Posted Image

#14 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

Remember Brothers, the lag is your friend :sleepy: every crimson fists can tell you that :)

Posted Image

#15 xxxblackspider

xxxblackspider

Kasrkin

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 06:50 PM

Speaking of rage in the face of morons, in Game Informer June 2012 edition they had a top 10 space marines list. #1 was Master Chief... #5 was Star Wars Imperial Storm troopers... Guess who the Fuck was below Storm Troopers, #6 W40K Space Marines...............................

I tore my game informer to pieces on the spot
Posted Image

#16 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Speaking of rage in the face of morons, in Game Informer June 2012 edition they had a top 10 space marines list. #1 was Master Chief... #5 was Star Wars Imperial Storm troopers... Guess who the Fuck was below Storm Troopers, #6 W40K Space Marines...............................

I tore my game informer to pieces on the spot

Pfft...sounds like they went with which was more popular rather than which kicks the most ass. I like Master Chief and I REALLY like the Imperial Stormtroopers but if we're going by how effective they are I'd put the Adeptus Astartes at the top of the list.

#17 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Paha, anyone who says gears is the same as SM needs to take a step back and kill themself.

I play gears extensively, and SM a little bit less BUT i know enough to say that they are completely different apart from both being in the third person.

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#18 dameonkiller

dameonkiller

Master of Sanctity

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:09 PM

It just goes so dumb kids will just jump to any conclussion without edcuatting themselves first....Than again I would just laugh and respond that those are the type of kids that I give a spanking to on-line. You all know who they are....The ones who rage quit during the match when they really start to get there asses handed to them.[/align]

#19 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

I hate that, rage quitters!

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#20 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Remember Brothers, the lag is your friend :sleepy: every crimson fists can tell you that :)

Only with a lag-ganking power sword, because it's fast and has reach. And people can't get away from it when they don't know they're getting chopped up by it yet. Anything that requires aim or timing gets totally fucked with my lag. :dodgy:
Posted Image

Change Theme!