49 replies to this topic

#21 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

me being a manic depressant - i would suggest (and pardon my french ladies) getting some nooky.
turned my life around for the better :D - on a more serious note...

the best advice i could give you is find a hobby and involve yourself - keep your mind occupied with things that keep its attention and doesnt allow it to wonder. or else (what i do personally) i would recommend something Physical (this time not sex) ride a bike or just lift weights or go for a walk/run. the fresh air will help clear your head and with exercise it builds confidence.

Ive been to the point if someone didnt come home when they did i wouldnt be typing this message now - i understand completely what you mean. you just have to develope the will power to make yourself get up and stop thinking the way you do - hence the hobby or exercise.

medication is my opinion is crap - it will change you as a person and most of the time not for the better. I took pills for 2 months then stopped (agaisnt doctors orders) i found myself not caring - which worked, i wasnt depressed anymore - but i didnt care at all. you could insult me, spit in my face whatever, i wouldnt really respond. another thing i would treat people like garbage - including the girlfriend i had at the time - i just didnt give a shit what anyone felt - Pills are a lie.

like what others have stated on here already - Weed is the best medicine.
i used to smoke that shit dailey and i was a happy S.O.B - now-a-days i had to grow and start doing cocaine like an adult but you get the point to this story...

go easy bro.
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#22 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • Others: ,
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

I already do :P except the damn itunes keeps wiping it clear :/ makes me RAGE even worse when it does that, especially because I lost my music library AND my back ups :/

This planet is a graveyard - care to join me? 

#23 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

If it's like this then I can put my hand up to quite a lot of the above - Dern, Cru, and Imperial are right - see the Doc - treatment wise you can accept or decline.

And in light of this thread and it's subject - maybe you can all give Fallen some understanding and slack - just saying.
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#24 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:36 PM

In light of this thread and it's subject - maybe you can all give Fallen some understanding and slack - just saying.

Already done 10 folds.
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#25 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:42 PM

I gave him slack from day one, you can ask him :s

#26 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

I know :)
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#27 Roey

Roey

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Finally Optic, a voice of reason haha :P. Now not wanting to push any buttons here (just a joke) but trust the Americans to opt for drugs ;)

Anywho, back to the psychology behind it all. As Optic rightly states, in my opinion, medication doesnt deal with the source of the problem, only the effects to a certain degree. Think energy drinks over getting fitter for longer runs etc. Dont get me wrong, Doctors can offer sound advice (especially on other Doctors more attuned to this area of cognitive function) , however I tend to believe other methods are more effective than just taking pills.

Opeth raises a good point, and so does Optic in that music and hobbies (I personally turned to weight lifting and 50's music for example) helps to calm a person down and/or distract them for a while and helps them to forget their immediate problems. However, I'm personally not too fond of the idea of using metall or 'rage-ing' music to calm someone down. It may work for some people (I have a freind who it apparently helps for) but again I beleive in other variations of media like books or songs that tell stories if you will.

Overall, I believe you should see a Doctor only if you need to get rid of some immediate symptom (like insomnia) but not as an only option for a complete 'cure'. (again) In my opinion, you should as stated by many of our brothers become more involved in social groups who can help you out and distract you from whatever's got you toubled at the time, and to calm you down if you get too 'high'. It does sound like more of a case of Bi-polar from your initial statement, but that I can imagine only scratches the surface of your individual problem and you should take these (Damn lost the word) diasgnoses lightly and not dwell on them too much untill you have had a further assesment.

On a side note, and again not to start any arguments, I think its best if commenters refrain from includng their own personal issues in this thread. Yes some of us have issues which may help towards this persons case, but its best if we remember to keep those issues to ourselves (as not to burden others) and use only our experiences to help those who need it.

Also I acknowledge my post is highly opinionated, however psychology of this genre is subjective and therefore opinonated.

Hope any of that helps Jk, and feel free to PM about this issue regardless that I have fangs :P

Bless your faces.

Roey.

Edit: Damn I didnt go into the effects of music! Thats a whole other chapter! Haha, like I say, PM if anyones interested in psychology or needs a chat.
Woof.

#28 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Like everyone else sais, if it carries on, see a doc.

Music has saved my life and probably the lives of others around me, literally. Evanescence, although make very deppressing songs, seem to connect to me a lot and have cheered me up countless times, they sound both sad and extremely soothing. Like everyone has said its the music that matches your feelings is what your looking for.

Im often told I appear extremely depressed, with how I isolate myself and avoid all social contact with everyone around me, half the people who talk to me I never bother acknowledging their existence. I suppose for me Im probably avoiding the risk of annoyance, which has led me to have shockingly violent murderous thoughts if it does happen. So I technically do have a Social Phobia because I am avoiding social interactions with certain types of people, but truth is, I couldnt be happier being left alone in the tranquillity of solitude.

I hope by sharing my experiences it has helped enlighten you in anyway to help solve yours. Good luck.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#29 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

On a side note, and again not to start any arguments, I think its best if commenters refrain from includng their own personal issues in this thread. Yes some of us have issues which may help towards this persons case, but its best if we remember to keep those issues to ourselves (as not to burden others) and use only our experiences to help those who need it.

you realize you contradict yourself with this statement right?:P

"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#30 Roey

Roey

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:49 PM

A small amount yes haha, but I use that only as an example of activities this person could involve themself in, I say nothing of my own issues haha. :P
Woof.

#31 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:52 AM

see? thats whats happening to me but its a result of stress of my stepdad mentally abusing me and ppl calling me homophobic names cuz of my posher accent when im not *CENSORED*....and i get fucked cuz of it -.-

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#32 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

I would rather not have either to be honest :/ But I shall seek medical attention, thanks

Christ is the only thing that got me through a lot of moments in my life, they can throw an endless supply of drugs at you but in the end they are only temporary fixes. At some point you need to find peace within yourself to solve the roller coaster ride that your emotions go through.

Doctors can only give you stimulants, they cant help you solve whats wrong with you in your mind and heart, in the end that is your own responsibility and you have to find your own path to the peace of that point.

I know it can be rough as a kid struggling with depression not knowing what to do and not wanting to bring it up because you dont want your peers to know because you feel like enough of an outcast the way it is. I've been there, When you get to the age where you can follow the callings of your heart and find a career that gives you purpose and balances you out through your day to day activities by giving you responsibilities to manage it will help with how you feel in general a lot. Just follow your gut, do what you have a passion for. For me it was being a Soldier, for you it might be something else entirely. It's going to suck for a while with being in school and life just being a popularity contest and such at that age for the most part. Just wait it out bud life will get better. You'll get a career at some point and maybe even your own family to care for, just look to the future and hold out for it.

Philippians 4:13

There is no substitute for zeal.
Master Romulous, 10th Company Master. "Master Tactician of the Lion's Maw"
Posted Image

#33 Warmonger

Warmonger

=][=

• Premium Member
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

That's a path which is closed to me i'm afraid :/ i tried before and briefly found peace, but then everything just came back to me

#34 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:12 AM

yh that happens alot to myself...i hope you can get some respite in all of this and achieve peace :D

i sound like a hippie :blush:

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#35 sonofultramar

sonofultramar

Proud Imperial Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:27 AM

Religion can help when the Spirit is troubled but if it's a issue of the mind you need to see a doctor. I'm hoping for the best for you First Captain.
Posted Image

#36 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:29 AM

That's a path which is closed to me i'm afraid :/ i tried before and briefly found peace, but then everything just came back to me

You need to come to terms though... no fix is immediate. No one wakes up one day and is cured of his ailments. it's a process and sometimes those processes take a long time... It sucks and its a long road JK, but eventually you can harness your emotions better if you train yourself to do so. It shows maturity. This life is a test.... At the end of your journey you will answer for how you lived it. If you believe in that sort of thing as I do anyways. Things will get better eventually when you can build your own path and have your own family.

Christ gave me strength, he can do the same for you if you ask for it. Going through my divorce was rough, If it wasent for him I honestly wouldn't be here right now. Im not trying to push religion on you as im not that religious to begin with as I dont attend church but I believe what the bible teaches. Im just trying to give you an outlet where you can receive counseling that doesn't focus on pushing drugs on you to try and balance you out as all it is, is a band-aid. Not a cure.

Master Romulous, 10th Company Master. "Master Tactician of the Lion's Maw" 

Religion can help when the Spirit is troubled but if it's a issue of the mind you need to see a doctor.

So what does the Doctor subscribe for Bronies???? Testosterone Injections?

YOU NEED JESUS BOY!

*chuckles*

Master Romulous, 10th Company Master. "Chief Interrogator of Bronies"
Posted Image

#37 RDSFirebane

RDSFirebane

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

Well I can relate to the extreme lows and norms but I'll spare you the story and share the solution.

I started Mediating and Boxing set some goals and on those days that I start to feel low again I put my gloves on and give the punching bag one for just find yourself a physical activity or other form of venting that will benefit you nothing will fix everything at once but it's a good path to be on plus you get health benefits.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfjgLlMzdxNZZPvrul2rS6qcWN-47VkKR1rdWV4WW-jzWitzxC&t=1

#38 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Lead Pill, Single Dose

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#39 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:42 AM

I started Mediating and Boxing set some goals and on those days that I start to feel low again I put my gloves on and give the punching bag one for just find yourself a physical activity or other form of venting that will benefit you nothing will fix everything at once but it's a good path to be on plus you get health benefits.

Thats another good point, I used jui-jitsu and Muay Thai to get me through the day that or just lifting weights. Something to take your frustrations out on and burn all the un-used energy and get your endorphins running.  

Lead Pill, Single Dose

We're trying to cure them of there mental disease not kill them cru....
Posted Image

#40 sonofultramar

sonofultramar

Proud Imperial Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:46 AM

Lead Pill, Single Dose

Posted Image
Posted Image

Change Theme!