• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 NeoBiggs

NeoBiggs

--Classified--

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

Well it has been a while since I have been on here but I figured I let you guys know I haven't forgot about you. Rather I have been quite busy lately. I just graduated with my Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, got engaged, got a new job in IT as a Network Engineer and bought an entire Necron Army brand new so I have started working on that now.

These are the first models I have finished completely so far with a squad of warriors and immortals waiting to be painted

Necron Overlord

Posted Image

Necron Scarabs

Posted Image

I have a pic of one of the warriors that I painted to test as well but I would rather wait until the squad is done and get a full pic of them together.

I am torn on the glow for the overlord's staff since it was a rushed job but the goal was to achieve a table top paint job and nothing more. I may leave it but I may go back and put a little more effort into it to make it pop as well.. dunno yet.

Anyway... I bought a ton of stuff and will update as I go...

2 Ghost Ark/Doomsday Arks
2 Annihilation/Command Barge
2 Night/Doom Scythe
2 Warriors Boxes
2 Immortals/Deathmark Boxes
1 Canoptek Spyder
1 Canoptek Wraith Box
1 Preatorians Box (making into custom Harbingers)

And I plan on buying...
4 more Night/Doom Scythes
4 Ghost/Doomsday Arks
4 Boxes of Warriors
2 Boxes of Immortals
2 Canoptek Spyders
3 Monoliths

lol, probably buy the rest when I get paid from my new job :D

Well, more to come!
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

#2 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

These are awesome. Good to see you back on here, I was on Garia. But hey your pics are awesome and the green glow is so sick.

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#3 NeoBiggs

NeoBiggs

--Classified--

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:47 PM

These are awesome. Good to see you back on here, I was on Garia. But hey your pics are awesome and the green glow is so sick.

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

Thanks man. Yeah I was pretty active on Graia's forum back when it first started. I was finishing college so I really didn't have much time to mess around with Space Marine or get any modelling done during that time but now is a different story. With 6th edition out and still fresh, it is a perfect opportunity to get back into the game.

I plan on sticking with Necrons for a while until I see what is going on with Templars but I would like to revamp my old BT's into a showcase level army. We will see as time goes on...
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

#4 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

Hell yeh, you play space marine anymore? Cause we have a ton of guys here who keep it active

#5 NeoBiggs

NeoBiggs

--Classified--

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:56 PM

Well.. I still have my game. I haven't played it in months (nor have I tried the DLC with the dreadnought yet lol) but I think I might pop it in. Add me up... NeoBiggs on PSN

#6 Brother White

Brother White

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:07 AM

That's right ps3 that's why we never played, I don't know how many ps3 players we have but if you go to Tue ps3 section I'm sure you can find some people on thier.

#7 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

Very simple but extremely well done, never did get the hand of lighting effects though.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#8 NeoBiggs

NeoBiggs

--Classified--

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:30 AM

Very simple but extremely well done, never did get the hand of lighting effects though.

Yeah, well having an airbrush takes all the work out of it :)

I just wanted something that would pass for table top quality and would get finished in a timely manner so I can start playing. I just cannot bring myself to play with unpainted models so nothing hits the table until its painted (just something I could never overlook) hence why I needed a quick yet somewhat decent paint scheme.

Now, once I get this army finished, the Templars 2.0 or whatever army I decide on next will be a showcase worthy army. Problem is there are so many armies I want to play...

#9 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:43 AM

Wow, these are fucking amazing man

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#10 NeoBiggs

NeoBiggs

--Classified--

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:48 AM

Thanks, I am hoping to get the next round of pics up this weekend (12 warriors and 5 Immortals w/ Tesla carbines)...

#11 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

Seriously Dude, awesome! I may need to try out airbrushing now.

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#12 NeoBiggs

NeoBiggs

--Classified--

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:00 AM

Seriously Dude, awesome! I may need to try out airbrushing now.

Once you use one, you'll wonder how you went so long without it before. You can do so much with it. The zenithal lighting effects is probably the biggest win (hitting the model from the top with lighter shades to create a light source effect). Blending, creating a glow effect, weathering, basecoating, I mean the list goes on as to what you can use it for. It makes painting vehicles a breeze as well.

The warriors have a basic glow on the gauss weapons but once I start posting the vehicles and such, you will see that even just doing a basic scheme like this can produce some pretty cool results.

If you actually do make the move to get one, let me know. I can point you to some retailers online and brands to go for.

#13 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

Damn man...those are beautiful...very professional. I need to look into getting an airbrush now

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#14 NeoBiggs

NeoBiggs

--Classified--

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:33 PM

Well, I was able to pump out a squad of Immortals over the weekend but was unable to finish up the squad of warriors. Anyway, here they are...

Posted Image

I decided not to get too fancy with their armor. As boring as the all metal look is, I actually prefer it to the more colorful variations out there (that and it's quick and easy :P )

I plan on finishing the squad of warriors this week, then start on a squad of Crypteks.

-Sorry about the size of the photo, I realize it isn't very big but there isn't much to see on close up anyway but you get the idea.

#15 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

Unreal man!

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#16 Grimaldus

Grimaldus