• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Master Garus

Master Garus

Meatshield

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:54 AM

After having been updated by Brother Nosk, I have come to the conclusion, enough is enough. This I can not let stand as a founding member of the original Graia Crusade, back on the Honour Guard forums on SpaceMarine.com.

I have sent a message that I will reciprocate on here, to show you all what I said, sent to the likes of Sion, Khorne, and a few others.

If this community is going to survive, and follow the ideal it originally was placed forward by the Founder, Serviam, and yes folks, deny it all you want, this was spawned from Graia, and Graia was spawned from Serviams ideal of a gathering of like minded fans of the fluff who were mature and THQ could be PROUD OF with how we handle things. That being said, here is the message I sent members of Graia.

"Out of necessity since I can not post on the forums, yet I suspect this is aimed more at the originals, I have read everything going back and forth, and sorted out what to me is just simple misdirection, and what is actual fact. Fact is, this forum has died due to something I myself have been guilty of. Over reaction, on many parts, due from many parties in this conflict. If I have to be the one to do this, so be it. Ban me, flame me, get up my ass for it, I don't care. But I will stand up for what I originally joined up for. Serviam and Lacerus would be disgusted with this schism. End of story, and you know it just as well as I do. Gerhart would not react the way he has unless their was to an extent some provocation. Sounds like a good deal of the admins here were doing that, when this sounded like a dispute between Sion and Gerhart alone, and yet it was dragged out to the public eye, why was that? There was no need, and it ultimately disgraced everything that Serviam wanted for this group, a gathering of MATURE ADULTS WHO LOVE THE FLUFF AND ENJOYING PLAYING. Why is it that can not be done, and don't say Gerhart and the "Traitors" are all to blame, because that just proves my point in that this entire farce, and yes, I said farce, has shamed what Serviam wanted for this group. He wanted us to be recognized for our maturity by THQ themselves, in hopes of showing how well we could represent the Space Marine community, and not be branded like those trash talking idiots that parade around Halo and other online games. Now, heres my question to who ever reads this.

There is a new site made, and hopefully one that will live up to Serviams idea. Are you going to do the right, mature thing, swallow that pride, and merge and be one as a community, Gothic Wars and Graia Crusade or are we going to be stuck up children, all of us? My suggestion, make Graia to what it originally was intended. Black Templar Only, and have it be a site LINKED on Gothic Wars, just as the Death Watch planned to due for us on Graia?

This Message is being sent to all members I think need to see this. That is why its not particularly aimed at anyone exactly."

If I am coming back, and I am coming back knowing full well I made an effort to keep things the way the person I signed up for, followed his directives, and even went to far as to take time out of my work schedule to help build something THQ could be proud of. Let that time come now. I suggest we all pitch in. Reach out with that intention to all clans you know, Imperial Fists, Death Watch, Blood Angels, Raven Guard, Word Bearers, Black Legion, custom home brew chapters and warbands, who cares, bring them in. Let Gothic Wars be the gathering place that THQ could be proud of.

Let us make the Effort, let is make the Stand, here and now. Mature, fun loving players, who are in this for the FUN. Please, for the love of this community and our own pride, lets do this together!

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:25 AM

Chest high wall of text is chest high.

This site is fundamentally different from Graia, we are a community with games, not a community for a game. Space Marine will be remembered fondly (and still played) but we are growing beyond it. Secondly we have a leadership structure designed to prevent that (Graia) domino effect happening here. While Gerhart was the publicly betrayed posterboy, the entire Crimson Fist faction (as a faction) was persecuted by Sion, as were some of the other individuals.

The old site (from memory) had one thread that you could officially post recommendations in, whereas we have an entire forum for it. If you or any of your friends have any comments, good or bad, and have ideas on improving the community for everyone then we damn well wanna hear about them.

Hope you have a great time here!

Note: The forums are pretty quiet at the moment, not everyone is back from holiday yet.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Master Garus

Master Garus

Meatshield

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:40 AM

Exactly, we have grown. And what is our main push? Dawn of War, another THQ and Relic product, still dealing with Warhammer 40,000.

The fact is, that is the basis of our community, that brings us together. Warhammer. So, lets do our part, and show Relic, THQ, and Games Workshop, what we are made of, as well as do Serviam Proud.

#4 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

we plan on it. this site will not fall like graia has. i know that the admins wont let it happen, that i am sure of. I should say that the main argument to be drawn in the public was that of the command squad from memory, the other stuff was in the mod areas and then the different sides shared their stories for the public which spawned more arguments and so on and so forth....but enough on this matter for now, i do not like to dwell on it. but yes i am glad to see you back garus and we would all like to see different factions joining and we are open to suggestions.
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#5 Master Garus

Master Garus

Meatshield

• Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:20 AM

I just got done reaching out to Death Watch, two different Dark Angel Clans ((Regular and Deathwing, tried to find the Ravenwing, will try that one at a later date, trying to get all of them together as a massive Dark Angels clan together, or at least a representation of each on here)) Space Wolves, Imperial Fists, Blood Ravens, Blood Angels, Raven Guard, Thousand Sons ((Only warband I could find active atm lol)) And plan to do more.

Come on Brothers, spread the Serviam Ideal as the new year starts off. Lets make Gothic Wars the main name on the tongue when it comes to Space Marine and Dawn of War groups!

#6 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:21 AM

Yeah! Agreed
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#7 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

to be honest brother garus, i try not to think in the subject anymore, but like you said this site can be great, we have expanded to dawn of war and battlefield 3, and we have PS3 section and PC section, but if you see the website background you can say that all of us are here because warhammer 40k.

we have several chapters/warbands, we have the crimson fists(go crimson fists :D), the raven guard, the night lords, black souls and there was another chaos warband, but the three warband joint forces to create a black crusade under Talon Lord Othrim command (but like any chaos, they still fight among themself :P)

this site is rule by a council of admins, so like crucias said no one holds ultimate power.

and to say no more please tell your friends that play DoW retribution to join the ladder :P

Posted Image

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:45 AM

this site is rule by a council of admins, so like crucias said no one holds ultimate power.

Not true, I hold the almighty delete button :D

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#9 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:46 AM

Yeah what grim said lol
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#10 Grimaldus

Grimaldus

Librarian, Keeper of the Lore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 05:23 AM

Not true, I hold the almighty delete button :D

sssshhhhhhhhhhh ;)

Posted Image

Change Theme!