24 replies to this topic

#1 Hudson

Hudson

Crimson Fists 4th Company Captain

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

For those who use these. They are lame and you should stop. In my opinion it is the same as cheating

And we know they are out there
Posted Image
Live for your Brothers, Kill for the Emperor and Fight for the Fourth!

#2 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

I do question a few guys about that............
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#3 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

For those who use these. They are lame and you should stop. In my opinion it is the same as cheating

And we know they are out there

What do they do exactly?

Contempt is my armour.
Chaplain Romulous, 5th Company. "The Lions Maw"
Posted Image

#4 Malus Darkblade

Malus Darkblade

Fire Wolf Veteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:32 AM

what do they do? they make you a *CENSORED*.
sadface :C

#5 Dark War Paladin

Dark War Paladin

Meatshield

• Banned
  • 0 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

i wod like to know myself wat advantages does a remote like such have in space marine, idk if i ever seen one in action.
DARKWAR PALADIN, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since May 2012.

#6 Master Romulous

Master Romulous

Dark Angels Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:41 AM

i wod like to know myself wat advantages does a remote like such have in space marine, idk if i ever seen one in action.

Me neither, I dont even know how its suppose to affect your gameplay.

Honor the Lion.
Chaplain Romulous, 5th Company. "The Lion's Maw"
Posted Image

#7 Malus Darkblade

Malus Darkblade

Fire Wolf Veteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

example instead of fireing one melta blast you fire six at a time

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:06 AM

For weapons that fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, you can set it to empty the clip in a few seconds

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#9 Malus Darkblade

Malus Darkblade

Fire Wolf Veteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

it's used alot with las cannons too now thats a real dick move

#10 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

I have seen a lot of assault players use it with either pistol. A few of them frequent here, but it is what it is. They are easy to spot in-game, so if you use it :derp:.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#11 Malus Darkblade

Malus Darkblade

Fire Wolf Veteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

and we're not angry or dissapointed its more of a feeling like "cmon guys we know you're better than this"

#12 dx144

dx144

Amon Amarth, Sabaton, Red Army Choir and Ensiferum Fan

• Elite Member
  • Others: ,
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

I haven't seen any on Space Marine thankfully but on Call of Duty there have been a few and I have been accused of having a modded controller =P Some people do not know of a trigger finger =P
I remember first time I saw one on MW2 a guy was using a FAL that fired out faster than a Vector (Sub-machinegun that fired out its magazine very fast) Still killed the bastard several times with my FAL unmodded....
I still do not see the attraction to them though. Only people who I can see using them are the most serious people who want to look cool and people will like them because they have a good K/D or The most laid back people who do not give a fuck just doing what they want and if you will possibly wanting to troll the game for a reaction of the players.
I don't see much fun. I admit maybe a game where this would happen would be a fun little change but eventually it would get to a point maybe the second or third game where no challenge is then a game gets boring and I don't know why someone would play bored. =/
Mods ultimately ruins not just your own fun but everyone else's fun unless the mods are for everyone not just a single player.
Still I think we need to find a few modders and test their brain to see what they think is fun and what not.
I think they couldn't be humans but actually.... Crab People.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#13 Malus Darkblade

Malus Darkblade

Fire Wolf Veteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:53 AM

off topic i know but i always thought you were a soul drinker dx144 every time i see you as a space marine i see you in purple

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

He just likes Prune Juice, and just like his shooting, he's not very accurate with it ;)

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#15 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Back in my CoD4 days one of my friends I hung out with a lot was an MLG CoD player. I can attest from watching him that he didn't use a modded controller, he was just insanely good with his trigger finger. Bug oohhhhh lord we'd go into a game a the insults would FLY!

He always had the wittiest comebacks.

Back on topic. Can't say I've noticed anyone from here using it, but yeah I've heard more than one rant from someone about modded controllers and pistols/chainswords.
“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#16 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

I can see how something like this could unnotcied for so long.
lets face it, lag gets the best of us all so really they could just shrug it off and say "Oh i was firing for days at you, must've been the lag"
still sucks...youre right - no better than cheating.
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#17 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:27 PM

No I like Emperor's Children but I wear their Pre-Heresy a lot as well. (Liche Purple with Gold trims) I'm really only a Night Lord because of the great people in there and they are mainly UK based =P

Back on topic modders are generally dicks online. =P Nothing we can really do about them except report them when we find them and now Microsoft have to do the rest.

"You fiend, have I never encountered such corrupt and foul-minded perversity! Have you ever considered a career in the Church?" - The Baby-Eating Bishop of Bath and Wells

#18 Fallen Angels95

Fallen Angels95

Grand Provost Marshal

• Elite Member
  • Others:
  • 3,585 posts
  • Xbox Live:fallen angels95

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:44 PM

I don't use them or know how to :angel: I am fully devoted to the emperor and will not fall to this chaos trickery

To be just, our law must be cruel.

To stand upon the bedrock of law is our great duty. To presume to stand above it is our worst heresy.

We determine the guilty. We decide the punishment.

#19 dx144

dx144

• Elite Member
  • 5,680 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:18 PM

I have seen online modded controllers and I searched a little about them and some people are willing to pay 150$ (About 95£ I think) for a controller that has many mod abilities. Ok so these people they have to buy the game for about 40£ or used so about 20£ also the Xbox depending on the Xbox I think mine cost in the 100£ area as it has a 120GB HDD and is Elite Xbox then Xbox live so lets so they bought the 12 Xbox Live so about 40£ for that which adds for all of this stuff = 100 + 40 + 40 + 95 = £275 I would think and what would this bring you? Easier gameplay? More fun? Seems like it is a true wanker thing to do get one of these controllers. I am glad that I know no fucker who has a modded controller.

So I think we are all agreed on the fact that Modded controllers or consoles are for shit players who cannot play without having to ruin someone else's fun EG if someone kills me fairly by shooting me fair enough I might be pissed off because I died but when someone fires an entire magazine in a second and kills me well then I think you sir are a *CENSORED*. (Also sorry about the use of angry language if anyone gets offended by them I get raged when I talk/type about things that annoy me)

#20 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

It really says you have no skill whatsoever and have to resort to bitch tactics to measure up.

I KNOW I'm not the best player out there, but at least I play fairly...it makes it more satisfying when you DO kill someone, because you know you did it of your own (hard earned through blood, sweat, and a ton of profanity) skill...not because you're a cheater

My two cents on the matter

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

Change Theme!