59 replies to this topic

#1 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:37 PM

3 days ago I written "BLOOD FOR THE BLOD GOD!" In my English Literature exam, what are the chances of the examiner going "ISeeWhatYouDidThere" because he knows 40K lore and disqualifying me?

I had written it in this exact way in a question about the book Lord of The Flies by William Golding, and the question asked "How does William Golding show the boys decent into savagery?"

Part of my answer:
Spoiler

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#2 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:48 PM

Because my literature teacher constantly complains about all the essays she has to grade, I decided to put the first paragraph normal about the assigned book, then the rest of the essay was a summary of Star Wars. I got a A on it. We were reading A Tale of Two Cities.

But in all seriousness, it probably depends on the teacher and what grade you're in. This was my 10th grade Honors Literature class.
Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart. I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes.

#3 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:05 PM

Since these are my GCSE examinations they're done by people who are hired to mark these, so somone Ive never seen before. And these people will be marking dozens of exams every hour from papers from all over the country. But I admit its down to the examiner who gets your paper, I got a B in psychology once, brought back the paper and compared it with somone who got an A*, all my psychology teachers agreed I should have got an A*, if not a perfect score. Payed £40 to get it remarked, got my results back as an A* and £80, I then learned that examiner was sacked and everyones papers done by him was remarked.

Are you sure she only read the first paragraph and marked it as that? Or did she rofl'd from it? :D

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#4 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

I have no clue if she read it or if her TA did. I suspect her TA MIGHT have because I know he's a big Star Wars nerd, but it looked like her handwriting when I was marked off. I think it might also be because I always write pretty damn good essays (never got below an A on one), so she might have just assumed I did another A piece of work.

I remember taking my AP Literature final, and I had originally gotten a 4 out of 5, but because I'm a certified Literary prodigy, they automatically bumped me up to a 5. (I was only a few points from a 5).
Our hero, our hero, claims a warrior's heart. I tell you, I tell you, the Dragonborn comes.

#5 GravePrometheus

GravePrometheus

Just a guy.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:26 AM

Because my literature teacher constantly complains about all the essays she has to grade, I decided to put the first paragraph normal about the assigned book, then the rest of the essay was a summary of Star Wars. I got a A on it. We were reading A Tale of Two Cities.

But in all seriousness, it probably depends on the teacher and what grade you're in. This was my 10th grade Honors Literature class.

This is probably one of the best things I've ever heard regarding assignments. Props.

On topic though, we could look at statistical averages of Warhammer 40k fans' numbers in your area, and then figure out the probable locations of those population densities. Then you find out what the requirements are for becoming a grader of your exams, and you compare that with the likelihood of how many of the Warhammer 40k fans in your area meet those requirements. And that... is your answer.

Too much work? Alternatively: I'd say it's a pretty low chance. Especially when you consider that a fellow Warhammer 40k fan is more likely to be like "Ha, nice" and continue grading as normal.

graveprometheus.jpg

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:27 AM

You could always claim that is your religion and they wouldn't be able to touch you for fear of being sued

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#7 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:35 AM

Too much math for me. A lot of people around here don't even play video games. The only people I can find are they kind that ONLY play fantasy football, the football or soccer video games. I found ONE PERSON that likes something outside of that, and I used to like him, but now I hate him. I hate him with a PASSSIONNNNN!

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

and I used to like him, but now I hate him. I hate him with a PASSSIONNNNN!

That sounds like a fascinating story, especially so when you consider your other stories!

cruSig2.jpg

#9 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

and I used to like him, but now I hate him. I hate him with a PASSSIONNNNN!

That sounds like a fascinating story, especially so when you consider your other stories!

Every story I tell is fascinating because I'm a fascinating person.

#10 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:45 AM

If that were true, you'd not be complaining of lack of gamer friends, people would convert to be around you :D

:cool:

cruSig2.jpg

#11 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:47 AM

If that were true, you'd not be complaining of lack of gamer friends, people would convert to be around you :D

:cool:

No, my friends are nicer than that and make me go outside and be a social person instead of letting me waste every hour of everyday at my Xbox. My best friend loves video games, but always really busy.

#12 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:49 AM

No, my friends are nicer than that and make me go outside and be a social person instead of letting me waste every hour of everyday at my Xbox.

:-/

What horrible people!!!!

cruSig2.jpg

#13 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:51 AM

If I truly spent as much time on my Xbox as I wanted, I wouldn't be an all honor and AP student, have any real life friends, nor do any of my other hobbies.

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:56 AM

If I truly spent as much time on my Xbox as I wanted, I wouldn't be an all honor and AP student, have any real life friends, nor do any of my other hobbies.

Aside from University work, I live on this site and my Xbox. I consider people online real life friends because my family exists on the other end of an international telephone line. Kinda changes your view on life that one!

Plus "local" friends are so inconvenient, they make you be social... ick!

cruSig2.jpg

#15 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:59 AM

It's kind of nice to go out and spend some time outside (especially since I live within walking distance of the beach), but I don't see any reason to go out anymore since I have no shopping money (which means no mall, going out to movies or Gamestop), I'm not allowed at my favorite little restaurant/ice cream shop (for punching said gamer that I hate with a passion now), and it's summer so the beach is almost always crazy crowded.

Although I must admit that most of the people I'm friends with on Xbox are better friends than real life.

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:00 AM

, I'm not allowed at my favorite little restaurant/ice cream shop (for punching said gamer that I hate with a passion now)

Epic Win!

cruSig2.jpg

#17 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:01 AM

He deserved it. My brother has also already duct-taped him to the ceiling of their college. Took people three hours to realize he was up there.

#18 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

He deserved it. My brother has also already duct-taped him to the ceiling of their college. Took people three hours to realize he was up there.

Haha, my mate was stapled to a plank of wood through his overalls (w/ tennis ball and duct tape to the mouth) then attached to the roof of a factory for a day.

It was only supposed to be an hour, but the safety inspectors randomly showed up and spent the day looking for safety infractions. Luckily they never looked up!

cruSig2.jpg

#19 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

My brother and his friends knew he was there, but they all ignored him. I didn't see, but they apparently wrote on the duct tape too. It was the janitor who found him.

#20 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

I am so happy I went to college before the internet was so big and you could just plagiarize your way through like everyone else. :P

Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

Change Theme!