#21 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:20 PM

Damn you THQ for going through and ruff patch most likely to close...:(

Are you kidding? WE WANT THQ to close! Then GW will give the licence to a half decent publisher, fingers crossed for it to be Bethesda or Zenimax (although they're technicaly the same thing)

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#22 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:24 PM

Damn you THQ for going through and ruff patch most likely to close...:(

Are you kidding? WE WANT THQ to close! Then GW will give the licence to a half decent publisher, fingers crossed for it to be Bethesda or Zenimax (although they're technicaly the same thing)

bethesda would be cool - but i like the artistic style that THQ brings to the table - and if they were to close/make a sequal - let it be BIOWARE.
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#23 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

Haha, I just googled "THQ b" because I thought Bioware was part of THQ :P
Check out the search results:
THQ Bankrupt
THQ Bankruptcy
THQ Buycot
The lols :P

Posted Image

#24 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

No we need Epic to make the Shooters, Relic for the Strategy's and Bethesda for the RPGs.
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#25 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I love killing Ultrasmurfs! It alwasy brings a smile to my face whenever i kill one, my fellow NL's often hear my sheer delight. :P

Does anyone know if there is a Ultrasmurf based chapter out there in the SM world?
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#26 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

I love killing Ultrasmurfs! It alwasy brings a smile to my face whenever i kill one, my fellow NL's often hear my sheer delight. :P

Does anyone know if there is a Ultrasmurf based chapter out there in the SM world?

Rumor has it - theres one going to be coming to gothic wars...:cool:
Postad bild

#27 Kokokacho

Kokokacho

Imperial Fists Chapter Master

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

I originally said a friend of mine on xbox live was going to start one and I told him to come here to set it up. And look at the demon I have created.... ;)
Posted Image

#28 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

Always good to see a new faction forming but oh sweet Mother of God why the Ultramarines? lol

I've always despised them ever since I got into 40K with 2nd Edition. Since then we've had to endure Matt Ward shoving the "fact" that they are the best Chapter, have the best Chapter Master, best Librarian and best shot of any Chapter in existence, either past or present. Ugh!

I actually quite like the whole Roman feel to them and they look pretty cool but they've been tainted forever for me and I think also many other 40K fans. It doesn't bother me that they're the current 'poster boys', the Blood Angels themselves have previously held that honour for which I'm rightly proud of course but isn't it about time they started backing a new horse? If they did, my money would be on the BT's, they seem the most popular amongst new players.

As for computer game developers, it'd be great if Bioware could pick up from THQ, they've already worked with Games Workshop with Warhammer Online, so they're at least aware of the franchise :D

Anyhow, that's my two pence worth, or two cents for those across the Pond :P

Posted Image

#29 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

As for computer game developers, it'd be great if Bioware could pick up from THQ, they've already worked with Games Workshop with Warhammer Online, so they're at least aware of the franchise :D

Anyhow, that's my two pence worth, or two cents for those across the Pond :P

see? im not the only one.
Postad bild

#30 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:09 PM

despiised them ever since I got into 40K with 2nd Edition. Since then we've had to endure Matt Ward shoving the "fact" that they are the best Chapter, have the best Chapter Master, best Librarian and best shot of any Chapter in existence, either past or present. Ugh!

That is actually how I feel about the Blood Angels, examples below.

Chapter Master

Dante believes that he may one day be all that stands in the way of those who would destroy the now-helpless Emperor in his Golden Throne. Lord Commander Dante wishes to survive until he can fulfill this final duty

Librarian

Shortly after defeating the Black Rage, Mephiston's strength -- psychic, physical and martial -- surpassed those of almost all his Battle-Brothers, and he quickly rose to become the Chief Librarian of the Blood Angels, and was granted the title of "Lord of Death." His psychic powers are so great that few can surpass him, and no other member of the Astartes could best him. His skill in combat is comparable to the greatest of heroes that the Imperium of Man has ever known. Some say that a part of the true power of his Primarch runs through him since his defeat of the Black Rage, and he is indeed a true son of Sanguinius.

This is not meant as an attack, just that there are different points of view.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#31 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

i see what you mean...
Postad bild

#32 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

The Ultramarines are actually quite likable in the "Know No Fear" novel, but it's a complete re-write of their mannerisms, though leaving their views intact

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#33 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

i like the fact that all the chapters bring something to the table - im more fond of dark secrets and mystery which is why i think i like the dark angels so much...but all in all its good to have variety, even if there is a "Perfect chapter out there"
Postad bild

#34 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:08 AM

I myself like zeal, stealth, precision, helpfulness, and different tactics that sets them apart. Which is why I like the Raven Guard. I also like defense, pain resistant, and cruel training tactics. I eman seriously the Imperial Fist should have their own Codex (Along with the Raven Guard, In fact ALL the Legions should have their own codecies and just leave the Codex Astartes with the Ultras) , and they should get Feel No Pain, not friggin Blood Angels. I mean seriously they go into a mchine and see how much pain they can take... They're hard sons of b****s. only like a 5+ or a 6+ so that way they wouldn't "Ward" it agaisnt everything. Hehe get my pun?
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#35 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:43 AM

Gotta say after reading all the Horus Heresy stuff on Ultramarines they are much cooler than Matt Ward makes them out to be without needing to claim they are the best at everything forever.

Having another Chapter here will be nice too, always looking to add some more notches on my bolter...
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#36 bloodgod582

bloodgod582

Tech marine

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 201 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

Blood Ravens nuff said
skulls again why can't I have nice things

#37 JC 042

JC 042

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:59 AM

I hate the new fluff of the Blood Angels, its disgusting. I much prefered it wheb we were just have a mix of saviour like angels, and ape shit crazy people. In fact, the ape shit sergeant in the first Blood Angels omnibus who ripped apart a dreadnought while screaming "DIE HORUS DIE!" is what got me into them :P not Matt fucking Wards attempt at balanced rules or fluff that makes us out to be necrophiliacs :@

Posted Image

#38 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

I hate the new fluff of the Blood Angels, its disgusting. I much prefered it wheb we were just have a mix of saviour like angels, and ape shit crazy people. In fact, the ape shit sergeant in the first Blood Angels omnibus who ripped apart a dreadnought while screaming "DIE HORUS DIE!" is what got me into them :P not Matt fucking Wards attempt at balanced rules or fluff that makes us out to be necrophiliacs :@

That was a great part of the book. That inquisitor forced the red rage out of the sergeant. The way they describe what was happening to the sergeant was cool none the less. He relived the betrayal of Horus and thought the dreadnought was Horus and opened a can of whip-ass on it:D. If only we can get that done to good old Matt.

Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#39 Lord Commander Archael

Lord Commander Archael

Chapter Master

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

That is actually how I feel about the Blood Angels, examples below.

Chapter Master

Dante believes that he may one day be all that stands in the way of those who would destroy the now-helpless Emperor in his Golden Throne. Lord Commander Dante wishes to survive until he can fulfill this final duty

Yes but that is using canon lore from way back when, the ability that Sanguinius had to forsee his doom. It's no different for Dante but I can see how this looks arrogant to non BA fans.

Librarian

Shortly after defeating the Black Rage, Mephiston's strength -- psychic, physical and martial -- surpassed those of almost all his Battle-Brothers, and he quickly rose to become the Chief Librarian of the Blood Angels, and was granted the title of "Lord of Death." His psychic powers are so great that few can surpass him, and no other member of the Astartes could best him. His skill in combat is comparable to the greatest of heroes that the Imperium of Man has ever known. Some say that a part of the true power of his Primarch runs through him since his defeat of the Black Rage, and he is indeed a true son of Sanguinius.

Again, I can see your point but at least the reason for him being so powerful is explained. He survived the Black Rage and was altered beyond the comprehension of all save perhaps the Emperor himself. He's almost a Primarch by his abilities and can hardly be considered a Space Marine anymore, save only at the most basic level.

The difference for me is that there's at least an attempt at an explanation for these things. Not just "They're Ultramarines and ergo they're the best".

I know you're not trying to stir anything up man and that you're not saying anything to cause upset, neither am I. I get that you're just saying your piece from your point of view, a p.o.v that I wouldn't see, as I'm obviously on the opposite side of the coin to you with regards to Ultramarines and Blood Angels lol. :)

And with regards to the embarassment that is the latest BA Codex *shudders* it's all complete bollocks! I've said this before but for me, anything beyond 2nd Edition really doesn't hold any meaning for me.

Posted Image

#40 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:36 PM

Then why not look at Ultramarine's from 2nd Edition before the upset that everyone likes to quote from all the time. If you take the Matt Ward element for the Ultramarines, you have to take it for the Blood Angels. If you ignore it for the Blood Angels, you have to ignore it for the Ultramarines.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

Change Theme!