21 replies to this topic

#1 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

This is a new game play that Ignotis created, and I just played this with them. I have to say this is AWESOME! A type of team Honor Duel. Seek out Ignotis out for more information.
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#2 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:23 PM

This is a new game play that Ignotis created, and I just played this with them. I have to say this is AWESOME! A type of team Honor Duel. Seek out Ignotis out for more information.

I think this game type should be a standard form of match making between chapters. It has standard rules (Once you know them) and theres no need to compromise of terms, its all laid out in front of you. Not to mention it was insanely fun. Ignotis is a genius.:cool:
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#3 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

I need to try this.

eB3ZWV8.jpg

#4 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

I played it and I don't like it what so ever, don't know why every loves it so much.

Why not?:-/
Postad bild

#5 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:56 PM

Ok you can't post something like this without the details or a link to them! I wanna know now :@! :P
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#6 Corman2030

Corman2030

Crimson Fist Liaison

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

Thank you, Brother Cotw my sentiment exactly! What gives?

Posted Image

"If Death is Victory, how Afraid of Life can we be!"-OH, SLEEPER

#7 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

the Guantlet is descirbed in the Black Templar threads.
Postad bild

#8 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

I played it and I don't like it what so ever, don't know why every loves it so much.

Why not?:-/

I add to edit the orginal message. The Emperor's version is different to the one I played and it sound far more intresting.

eB3ZWV8.jpg

#9 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

Im not going to steal Ignotis Ordo's thunder here, I'm just promoting his idea. The below link kinda explains it, but reading about is no where near as fun as actually doing it on the game lol. We had a great time last night playing this! Kofas was there lol he can tell ya!

http://gothicwars.or...ad.php?tid=2451
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#10 larsson1337

larsson1337

Meatshield

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:22 PM

heeeeey! Anyone who wants to challenge me in the Gauntlet i am willing to accept it no matter the odds. I might be just a kid. but i am one hell of a fighter! If there are 100 people in the other team, i dont run away and hide, becuse that is weak.i smash right down on them ,and maybe i will die but let me tell you tell you something. i ALWAYS die fighting. For i am never afraid to fail.

larsson1337, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Apr 2012.

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

i ALWAYS die fighting. For i am never afraid to fail.

This forum likes people like you, we like to kill them and stomp on their corpses :D

I'm sure you'll get some damn good battles in the coming weeks matey

As for Gauntlet, Ordo has tried to explain it to me a few times now (we've continually had interruptions) but from what I have absorbed it sounds awesome. I encourage you all to give it a go

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#12 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

heeeeey! Anyone who wants to challenge me in the Gauntlet i am willing to accept it no matter the odds. I might be just a kid. but i am one hell of a fighter! If there are 100 people in the other team, i dont run away and hide, becuse that is week.i smash right down on them ,and maybe i will die but let me tell you tell you something. i ALWAYS die fighting. For i am never afraid to fail.

A true son of the imperium...:cool:
Postad bild

#13 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:33 PM

To put it into words:

You have 2 opposing factions on Space Marine(obviously)

You should have an even number of members per faction, but it is not necessary if you dont. This is played as Annihilation to how ever many kills you decide to do. Generally 41 kills. Map needs to be an opened area map Ex: Hab Center. So imagine this:

The "leaders" need to deploy and head to the "Alamo" AKA the middle building on hab center. The factions need to deploy and stand in the spawn areas where they can see the middle of the map clearly, but not actually out on the middle of the map, yet.

The leaders call out their first 2 dudes to the map for battle. these guys battle until they die and in their place the next in line of the faction members will replace them. Example:

TheGodDernMan-in the Alamo with the opposing leader.
NightWolf- on the map for battle
Edge Noha- on the map for battle
Optic- at a spawn area over looking the battle waiting for his turn.
Semper Victus- at a spawn area over looking the battle waiting for his turn.

So when nightwolf dies, Optic replaces him directly in battle
When Edge dies, Semper jumps in to the battle.
When either Optic, or Semper dies TheGodDernMan jumps into battle.

Rinse and repeat.

Now if you are not in your turn for battle and you spawn in the battle area, you are to directly get to your observation area to await your turn.
*It is the duty of the Leader to send his members into battle. They do not jump in the fight until the leader says to do so. So if the leader isn't paying attention, well it might not go so well for your team lol.

*If your spawned on the battle field and are trying to get to your observation area, and are killed. You call a sanction on the opposing faction that killed you. It is the responsibility of the Leader to call this out to the other Leader via private chat. The player that killed the guy trying to get off of the battle field MUST accept the sanction and be killed in the middle. The leader should be the one to do the sanction kill to maintain order.

Play this to victory and have fun!

#14 ignotis ordo

ignotis ordo

Meatshield

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

heeeeey! Anyone who wants to challenge me in the Gauntlet i am willing to accept it no matter the odds. I might be just a kid. but i am one hell of a fighter! If there are 100 people in the other team, i dont run away and hide, becuse that is week.i smash right down on them ,and maybe i will die but let me tell you tell you something. i ALWAYS die fighting. For i am never afraid to fail.

you make me proud larsson you are one of my most valued templars and you step to the plate every time you back your words and never let me down your words are truly put to the test every game we play.your devotion a willingness to lay on the line for your brothers has earned your stripe welcome to the sword bretheren be proud you honor us well and the emperor.

#15 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:46 PM

Im thinking to reduce confusion - we either go with Cypher's idea or...and hear me out:
We decide that the leaders stay in postion in the pulpit and calll out their gladiators by name. This way we dont screw up rotation while the Leader himself is in combat. It wouldve helped last night if Dern had full attention to whats going on, instead of trying to lay the "Dern Hammer" down on, lets say, Ignotis.
Postad bild

#16 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

This game mode was insanely fun, the only change I'd like to see would be the suggestion about having teams of 2, and the next team only jumping in when the previous team is fully destroyed. So if one dies, the other fights until until he (or she) dies as well. Then the next team hops in.
“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#17 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 12:56 AM

i can get why it's 2 people:-P if your buddy dies its up to you to get back into battle to help your other teammate out!
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#18 LORDTYPHUS666

LORDTYPHUS666

Meatshield

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 01:54 AM

I would like to say THANKS to ignotis ordo for sugesting this idea and i SUPPORT it whole heartedly. Cant wait to try it out.

BROTHER TYPHUS
4TH COMPANY
LORDTYPHUS666, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since May 2012.

#19 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:21 AM

I would like to say THANKS to ignotis ordo for sugesting this idea and i SUPPORT it whole heartedly. Cant wait to try it out.

BROTHER TYPHUS
4TH COMPANY

You won't be disappointed.
Postad bild

#20 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 09:51 AM

This was way to much fun. I would like to thank the Black Templars for honoring me in battle as we fought side by side
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

Change Theme!