33 svar till detta ämne

#21 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 260 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 11:19

meh... i dont know about the month thing:-p i know black templars like to play no perks and i know i personally wouldnt want to play like that for a whole month. I would like to do it on occasion but not for that long a period of time.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#22 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 11:30

Ok I see what you mean with playing the same every game. so lets say:

rotation 1: Maps Shattard bridge, Waste managment and manufactorum.
Rules 1st game: 2 tactical power weapons 2 rapid deployment
2nd game: 1 thunder hammer 1 Impenetrable
3rd game: No perks no weapon restrictions

Then everyone would know whats happening, Leaders can plan map/game tactics.
Postad bild

#23 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1 003 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 11:36

Honestly I don't see the need to do monthly rotations. I just think the Chapter leaders have to have an honest discussion about the upcoming game ahead of time. Agree to disagree about some rules and either compromise and play a game of each or don't play the match at all if neither party is satisfied going in.

The last blow up would not have happened if the two leaders sat down and worked it out. Just sighing and agreeing to terms you are not happy with will only put you and your crew in a bad mood from the start.

One thing I do want to see more of and was started last weekend with the Dark Angels and Deathwatch matches was the rotation of game type. Playing sieze ground on the original maps again and again is just as boring as any spamming.

I ask all Chapter Masters to ensure their battle brothers (and sisters) have the DLC. At least get the free stuff so we can play the new game modes. I've had several CTF games turn out poorly because players didn't have the mode downloaded and claimed they did right until they got kicked out of the match for not having it!
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#24 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 11:46

Rules and Restrictions need to be arranged days before the game, so players know what they are going into. That way they have 0 right to even slightly moan about them, because they have had X days warning, if they didn't want to play they shouldn't have turned up. This makes their reactions a controllable variable for their commanders.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#25 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 260 inlägg

Postad 09 maj 2012 - 12:33

I like your idea davious but I have a couple questions: who makes the rules? The chapter during the rotation or seperate third party? And how long do rotations last and what if the same rule options are repeated twice? I agree with my watch comander. We all enjoyed the different types of gameplay and it shows where one chapter shines and where one chapter isn't as familiar with.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#26 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 852 inlägg

Postad 09 maj 2012 - 01:22

Remember is combat distance for the instant kill just kite it, honestly not that hard. Same with rapid deployment, YEah its a shock ingame when people are coming back within 5 seconds but again an easy counter is available though plasma cannon/combined focused fire (<-- Tactics that team can work on) Oh ban the melta its a noob gun (<-- moaning on a forum)

Just wanted to add this Dave, I have NO issue with a team running 8 Meltas if thats what they want. I would prefer NO PERKS, as it takes away any bitching about different perks. I also understand and agree with the counter. The problem with it is that everyone runs FF ON, that makes the Plasma Cannon way to dangerous, and I have seen NO ONE use it in FF matches beside Cru(thats becuase he cant use any thing else;) ). So with FF on the only true counter is to run the same thing.

Our first match with the SW proved this to me. The first game we ran 1 melta with no RAPIDs. We clearly outpaced them in KD, but the points we could not cap quick enough with the rapid respawn.

The second round we still ran one melta but had all tacticals run rapid at the start of the match with Random using Tele. The results were clear -

http://gothicwars.or...ad.php?tid=1413

The second match we just played against he Wolves. No perks, again the results speak for themselves, also Wolf Lord Envelope suggested the rule set as I had offered free for all.

http://gothicwars.or...ad.php?tid=2358

I believe Nox's way, while diplomatic, is good. One rule set per, but I know if only 2 maps are played people wont like that. People like to win I understand that, hell I like to win as well. We are a small STRONG community of players, surely we can come up with something putting our heads together.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#27 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 260 inlägg

Postad 09 maj 2012 - 01:33

The only thing i dont like about no perks is it severly handicaps my HB. without HB expertise people can pummel me with rounds while i slowwwly brace. but maybe its something i need to work on.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#28 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 09 maj 2012 - 01:46

The only thing i dont like about no perks is it severly handicaps my HB. without HB expertise people can pummel me with rounds while i slowwwly brace. but maybe its something i need to work on.

Depends on how you play bro, I don't often use that Perk, opting for Iron Halo and Ammo Reserves.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#29 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 852 inlägg

Postad 09 maj 2012 - 01:54

The heavies in the game against the Wolves the Heavies did well at what they do best, defending. GorillaMod was eating us up on the last map. We couldn't take the point because of him.

It takes work, I cant play the same with assault with NO perks. I cant just run in knowing my perks will save my ass(Air cooled and impenetrable). Meltas can one shot me, and normal shots mess me up bad.

Thats why i like no perks. It makes you play smarter rather then just charging in.

But like I said I will play whatever, I had offered the match to be FFA, the Wolf lord suggested otherwise.

Posted Image

#30 Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Iron Wolf Lord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 inlägg

Postad 09 maj 2012 - 02:40

hmm...never thought of no perks like that. i should train more with that.
Postad bild

#31 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 260 inlägg

Postad 09 maj 2012 - 03:30

hmm yes...i usually use my hb like a tactical:-p im going to have to find some good places to plant myself.
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#32 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2 852 inlägg

Postad 09 maj 2012 - 03:41

I wont try and make it mandatory. Just another option to discuss.

Posted Image

#33 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 260 inlägg

Postad 09 maj 2012 - 04:04

no no i like no perks:-p i just need to adapt my HB to that playstyle...just like any other game type
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#34 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 inlägg

Postad 09 maj 2012 - 01:20

Honestly after last nights game with the Black Templers - we all had a blast with no perks, not one person had/or couldve had anything negative to say. I agree with the leaders discussing rules before the match. this leaves little doubt that any of the members are gettingthe "Shit" end of the stick. Another point i read, was planning for the terms struck a few days ahead of time. This gives everyone a chance to familiarize themselves with the options they have.
Last weekends games - were proof that the space wolves went into the game perpared with what they knew they could do. And it showed for seize ground.
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

Change Theme!