33 svar till detta ämne

#1 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 06:40

Okay, in light of some of the vibe that has come about something occurs to me. A lot of the bad blood seems to stem from the 'rules' of games of Space Marine. Not all of it, as there is quite a bit of human element at work too, but rules seem to be a cancer eating at the Space Marine part of our community.

A while ago in one of these threads I suggested that any and all matches had 2 games. One game playing one teams way, and another playing the other teams way. This way everyone feels that they got a game to their liking in and not favoring any teams play style over any other.

To those people apposed to this, and I believe I'm actually speaking to everyone at this point. Whether you're anti-limits, or anti-no limits this applies. Did any of you play Halo 3? Where you'd go into a game and the game would be Rockets only, or Swords only. Did you you say fuck this and just up and leave, or did you play it through because it was different and broke up the norm?

That's what putting limits from time to time can do. Play games that are anything goes, but also play games that have certain limits. Hell make up new limits like Halo. Lascannon's only. I don't know. The point is if you played Halo 3 and enjoyed it at all, I know I did. Then having limits from time to time isn't a bad thing. Sure don't make it an all the time thing because you deserve to play the way you want to play too. The key here is balance.

The alternating rules for 2 games against a chapter ensure everyone gets what they want. In the end nobody can force anybody else to play we each want all the time. Remember it's about having fun and being part of the community, or at least it is supposed to be.

Food for thought. Just think on it.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#2 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 06:58

Well written mate

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#3 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 07:27

^and this is coming from Chaos...^
lol j/k
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#4 Spinysnafu

Spinysnafu

Reluctant Herder Of Cats

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 494 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 08:39

It did and no one listened, as per usual.

It's always the Space Marine crowd that get bent out of shape when it comes to rules.

Anarchists the lot of 'em (me too) :)
Bonsai, bakchoy, wiseguy, waterboy! Light shine bright in the old town tonight!
Radical Edward.

#5 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9 552 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 08:56

Im half asleep as I read this (no coffee), and its somthing about Halo 3, Lascannons, swords and rockets only? :P

I shouldnt be posting this while tired, but have nothing to do for 2 hours :(

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#6 SpecSlaughter22

SpecSlaughter22

Bearer of the Redemption of St. Sulech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 260 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 09:13

The 3-2 rule is good too:)
I do not forget.
I do not forgive.
I am always watching.
Expect me.
Posted Image

#7 Opeth Of Epica

Opeth Of Epica

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 482 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 09:15

The 3-2 rule is good too:)

3-2 rule FTW. That seriously has to be enforced.

eB3ZWV8.jpg

#8 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 09:28

I like the 3-2 rule.
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#9 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 09:39

Its Offical! 3-2 rule is in, we had many close calls and it was neck and neck with the 5-4 rule. 2-1 rule didnt have a chance. Lets all welcome in our new offical scoring method. (the crowd goes wild)
lol. j/k
Postad bild

#10 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12 171 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 09:39

I have to add this

Historically some people have tried to say "We'll let you play your way for one game, if we can pick everything for the other 2 games". There should be a universal rule that each side picks one, and the WORSE scoring team picks the third. I get a lot of people complaining about this whenever I'm on Live (and just to curb-stop the whines, I rarely play with just one faction at a time), it's bit of a broken record.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#11 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 09:59

Nobody (mainly the losing team) is ever going to be happy with rules on this game. To make one team happy you will anger another. Its going to need alot of work from all parties to make this work.

An idea that may work is a league/table. Have monthly rotating rules (not dissimilar to champion rotation from PC games) This way everyone has to adapt to set rules and not only one team is hindered. 1st Month maybe limit tactical power weapons to 2 per team, next month maybe limit assaults to 1 hammer or whatever. As the rotation goes round everyone will get a few games that their team will favour. But that doesn't mean auto wins for teams when they can use 3 meltas it means other teams will have to adapt tactics/ weapons to counter it. This will only better teams.

I understand that every assault marine on this site will hate the melta gun, but it does not give the excuse for people to say that its 'Noob tactics' or 'un skilled' yes it may be a weapon that is easy to use but its very hard to master. We have all played against both bad and good melta users and noob/un-skilled is not what i would label some melta players. Remember is combat distance for the instant kill just kite it, honestly not that hard. Same with rapid deployment, YEah its a shock ingame when people are coming back within 5 seconds but again an easy counter is available though plasma cannon/combined focused fire (<-- Tactics that team can work on) Oh ban the melta its a noob gun (<-- moaning on a forum)

Postad bild

#12 Optic20

Optic20

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 10:10

Same with rapid deployment, YEah its a shock ingame when people are coming back within 5 seconds but again an easy counter is available though plasma cannon/combined focused fire (<-- Tactics that team can work on) Oh ban the melta its a noob gun (<-- moaning on a forum)

thought we all collectivly decided to drop this subject for the better of the community?:dodgy: (im speaking from a gothic wars member's perspective...)
Postad bild

#13 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 10:24

It was not directed at any team/game. Was just an example. This is not meant to cause flame or any further issues. Just an idea.
Postad bild

#14 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 10:25

I fail to see the fault or issue with 2 games, alternate rules. That way everyone gets to play games their way win, lose or draw. It's incredibly simple and should remove any unnecessary whining. If you want to run 4 melta's with rapid deployment you can for one of the two games. If a team wants no more than 1 melta they can for one game. Each team gets what they want once in a clash.

Posted Image

#15 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 10:28

But Making pre game rules obviously has not worked. This all kicked of because of it, pre game rules where made and still this happened.
Postad bild

#16 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 10:31

An idea that may work is a league/table. Have monthly rotating rules (not dissimilar to champion rotation from PC games)

That would be pregame rules as well. So if all pregame rules are a no go then the only solution I can offer the community is stop playing Space Marine, but that seems a little drastic. I'm reasonably certain that most of the people in this community are adults and can come to agreements on how to play games. Or at least that is my hope.

Posted Image

#17 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 10:41

But with rotation then everyone would know what rules/ maps they are playing weeks in advance so that planning of game tactics comes into play. Everyone plays the same rules (decided by ALL factions leaders) and maps for a month of gaming then its changes.
Postad bild

#18 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1 950 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 10:43

Good luck with that, we tried for a consensus once, and that fell apart.

Posted Image

#19 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 10:46

Well then we keep trying until it works.
Postad bild

#20 Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Gettn' Mah BBOOM GUN

Iron Wolf Lord

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 inlägg

Postad 08 maj 2012 - 11:18

well i for one was just talking about the 3-2 rule with one of the deathwatch and i'd love to see this sort of rule applied in future matches. cuz let's face it, id rather deal with a mix of specialties then be on the receiving end of a full team of assaults or plasma cannons.
Postad bild

Change Theme!