• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

#1 Brother Conrad

Brother Conrad

Meatshield

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:16 PM

What races would yall like to see in Dark Millenium? I'm honestly looking forward to just bein a Space Marine. But I hope they put some Tau in. Looks like from the trailer there will be orks, chaos space marines, imperial guard and corrupted. Hopefully there will be others.
Brother Conrad, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Nov 2011.

#2 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1,131 posts
  • Xbox Live:J0ker2610
  • PSN:Vader2610
  • Steam:Joker2610
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 03 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

necrons and eldar. i know for a fact they will not have necrons but they can easily make an add on using the new necrons that have just come out, maybe not even that maybe just a dlc who knows. but i hope they put eldar not my most favourite but there always in dow games from the start so they should be in this game from the start
Posted Image

#3 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

I would love to see all the races in the game. However, realistically it will probably be just Loyalists and Chaos to begin with. Eventually Orks, Eldar and Tau might make it in. Tyranids and Necrons not likely except as NPC mobs. And yes I didn't mention Imperial Guard, because I feel like they would be part of both the Loyalist and Chaos sides. It's still humans.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#4 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:47 PM

necrons should now with the update to them because they have in their story lines now awakened properly so now they have a command system, named leaders and now make conversation with everyone even with other named lords, this gives them the opportunity to give you a necron character in dark millennium because your character can wear items get weapons that perhaps belonged to great necron lords from their past because every item has a name in these type of games, and you can start of with a warrior go up to either an immortal or flayed one then flayed one goes to pariah to lych guard while immortal goes to deathmark to perhaps destroyer then each path can go to a lord lych guard to lord with warscythe staying with melee theme and destroyer to destroyer lord with staff of light keeping with ranged theme but at this stage you could change the weapons around. this is just an idea of what they can do and might do
Posted Image

#5 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 07:10 PM

The rumors I have heard is that it's going to start out Imperium and Eldar against Chaos and Orks.

#6 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 08:51 PM

The rumors I have heard is that it's going to start out Imperium and Eldar against Chaos and Orks.

This is correct according to previous leaks and press releases though I have no link to prove it

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#7 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

Don't worry you don't need to prove it unless your lying which would weird
Posted Image

#8 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

I am pleased to hear they will have some diversity in the races. The one thing I find amusing with the races though is Dark Millennium will be lacking one thing that the rest of MMOs have: different genders.

This however also begs the question of how they are going to do "classes." Going to have Guardsman, Space Marine, Tech Priest and Psyker? That would be paralleled to Cultist, Chaos Marine, [Insert Here] and Sorcerer? Then Orks would get Boy, Nob, Mad Dok and Weird Boy? Eldar with Guardian, Fire Dragon/Dire Avenger, Farseer and Warlock?

That's my best guesses at this point, and why a class based system is added pause for anticipation of other races, because you would need a (for purposes of my guesses) DPS, Tank, Buffer/Debuffer and Support for each of the races, which I feel is harder for some of them. Like if you put Tau in Fire Warrior, Kroot, [Pathfinder?] and Ethereal? Meh. Necrons; Warrior, Immortal, Lord? I feel like that's down playing the Lord. And Tyranids... yeah that just doesn't work I feel.

Posted Image

#9 J0ker2610

J0ker2610

Supreme high sorcerer

• GWRS Governing Council
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

Meh. Necrons; Warrior, Immortal, Lord? I feel like that's down playing the Lord.

they can down play the lord know though because of the overlors and then characters like imotekh the stormlord are abovethe overlords. these days necrons would not be such a bad idea

Posted Image

#10 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 03:27 PM

Tyranids "nom nom nom".

If my pc could handle it ide go Chaos though.
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#11 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Tyranids "nom nom nom".

If my pc could handle it ide go Chaos though.

They cannot add Tyranids and Necrons as playable races because of the balance issues. Tyranids move and kill too fast for most people to react to and Necrons will just fuck you up.

However they could add them as rogue elements. Forces that will attack both sides controlled by AI

Like if one team is beating the other by a factor of 5, ie 200:1000 then the winning team suddenly has to deal with Necrons in their area as well

cruSig2.jpg

#12 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

I agree. In my estimation Tyranids (though awesome) should never be playable in the MMO. They should be the big scary bad guy that everyone can mutually agree to hate. Like the Sylithids or whatever they were called in World of Warcraft. Make them be events that happen "Oh it's May. Hive Fleet Own-your-face has entered the sector" . And obviously things like Necrons and Tyranids will be featured in the instances as bad guys.

Posted Image

#13 F0RSAKEN MUFFIN

F0RSAKEN MUFFIN

Black Souls Chaos Marine

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:43 AM

We shuld all be da ORKZ and give 'em 'umies 'nd Chaos Boyz a good WAAAAAAGH!
  • AmmoforVodka likes this
F0RSAKEN MUFFIN, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Nov 2011.

#14 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 05:12 AM

Now that I know I will be getting dark millenium I am really pumped to be a templar and play with you guys!

Fallen Emperor's Champion J NOSK36
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#15 NeoBiggs

NeoBiggs

--Classified--

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

I am looking forward to this game, though I do not know if I will actually buy it mainly due to it being an MMO. I have a family, on my last semester for my Bachelors Degree, spend enough time painting miniatures, try to find time for friends, as well as trying to find time to play BF3, Skyrim, etc. I cannot devote the amount of time required to these kinds of games in order to have fun or keep up with the rest who will devote 6+ hours a day.

I guess I will wait and see how the game turns out in the end. Graphics wise, I think it looks horrible, but no different than most MMO's I guess. I am someone who loves gorgeous visuals and after playing BF3 and Skyrim, the bar is set pretty high when it comes to giving me that "wow" factor. The only reason I would consider it after all that being said is its 40k. I love the 40k universe so it will be interesting to see how true they stay to all the fluff.

Seeing titans in the preview was unexpected and I am curious to learn more about that. Again, this could be one of those areas where only the die hard players are able to reap the benefits or it may be a unique character class which has access to titans but can't really do much else. Now the real question is... Do I stay faithful to the Imperium or join the forces of Chaos! Decisions, decisions...
We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

#16 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 02:17 AM

This game looks sweet I have been watching vids of it cant wait!
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#17 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:52 PM

I cant decide either it just looks great
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#18 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

Who cares about graphics when you can teabag people in a Titan!!!!

cruSig2.jpg

#19 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

• Acolyte
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 07:37 PM

or smash them! or play soccer with them as the ball and the base as a goal haha
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#20 paLadin3187

paLadin3187

Brother-Lieutenant

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:45 PM

I know that in an interview i read quite a long time ago they said that all the races would be represented. Now, if that means playable or not I do not know. The idea of necrons and tyranids being AI controlled critters for dungeons sounds like a great idea, but I know ppl who play those races would be upset. I am also curious about the "classes." Surely they wont give you a bolter and power armor, smack you on the ass and tell you "go get 'em hero!" Half the fun of MMOs is working your way to the top, but I know, I know my friends....the grind sucks! It would be nice if you did quests for your armor or something like that. Just my opinion.

Change Theme!