#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

Hey all,

I've had a few requests for budget information now and decided to make a brief overview post on the matter. Note that I don't give out names and donation details when not required to, in order to respect privacy.

Active donators can request info on the budget anytime (you don't need to wait for me to make these posts), however if you haven't contributed do not be offended if I ignore your information requests! :angel: While Othrim and Apulo have access to the budget, it's my job to maintain it, so please ask me (they forward your requests to me anyway :dodgy:).

Our thanks to everyone who has donated, no matter your reasons. Every $ has made one hell of a difference. :heart:

The Numbers
Donation Income: $428
Microtransaction Income: $310
Total Income: $738

Site Expenditure: $147 *
Prizes Past: $100 **
Prizes Outstanding: $100 ***
Site Upgrades Pending: $277 ****
Bank: $114

Note: The income numbers are weird, and not increments of $10 because Paypal taxes us, I'm just reporting the after tax values (as that's how we calculate expenditure and income anyway)

The Details
* = Teamspeak Server, Domain Registration and Hosting Fees
** = February Story Comp
*** = April Story Comp

**** = The Sneak Peek

We will be upgrading from a Personal hosting plan to a Virtual Private Server (VPS) plan. The Personal plan has some serious limitations that are holding back our expansion, while we can do anything we want on the VPS plan.

Including Modular forums (think darkangels.gothicwars.org ;) ), a toolbar based universal login and control panel (like Google sites when using Chrome, or the Enjin site), backup TS3 server (up to 512 people can use it at once :D ), our own private VASSAL server and widely available user email addresses (like my crucias@gothicwars.org email).

This is a beta list! it will be heavily subject to addition, change and deletion as we have awesome new ideas, and run afoul of our limitations as coders.

On that note, if you are a computer programmer with skills in HTML, CSS, PHP, mySQL and Java then contact Apulo, he might be able to abuse you! Obviously people who work on the site get benefits, what's the point in power without them? :D

EDIT: Forgot my customary picture :D

Posted Image

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#2 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:22 PM

Microtransaction Income: $310

Wow! I didn't think that would be nearly as successful as its turning out to be. Did someone buy a titan?

#3 Brother White

Brother White

Forge Master of the Crimson Fists

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

This guy will be helping power a Titan.
Edit: Fucking auto correct

Sent from The Righteous Truth, Battle Barge of the Third Company of the Crimson Fists

#4 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:58 PM

We did!
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#5 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:59 PM

Two have been bought and a 3rd is being saved up for. Thinking of putting in some other 1 time microtransaction offers.

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#6 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

My goal is to work as a computer programmer in future, I have all the resources to learn Java but not the time. Ill make it a goal to learn more over summer. Although my services wouldnt be recommended with no experience.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#7 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

My goal is to work as a computer programmer in future, I have all the resources to learn Java but not the time. Ill make it a goal to learn more over summer. Although my services wouldnt be recommended with no experience.

If you have that ground experience then you can work via the time honored method of Googling every fucking thing you do lol. Apulo and I do it as well

cruSig2.jpg

#8 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:31 AM

Nice to see the good the donations are doing for the site.:D
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#9 Optic20

Optic20

Grand Master - The Finder of Secrets

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

the more i mess around onthis site the more i dont mind donating a few bucks...
"By the Lion, I will find out what you know, even if it kills you."
Postad bild

#10 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:00 PM

Everything you donate to the site, including campaign microtransactions goes right back in to the community. We're about to announce some new features that are ready to go right now as a matter of fact :)

#11 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:04 PM

They are amazing, can't wait!

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#12 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

I'm so ready

Sent from the medical bay of The Silent Shadow
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#13 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:47 AM

I've designed and ran several websites. Unfortunately, they all didn't stay popular enough to last more than a few months. I also basically run my school's website (I update all the information and make it look like normal people actually attend), and I also pretty much fix most of my school's computer problems. My main skills though is filming along with video, sound and picture editing. Plus writing.

Then again, it took me almost a month to figure out that the reason my laptop wouldn't run was because was because I was pressing the mute button instead of the power button.

If it's a good day, I can help with any technological issues if needed.

Nothing else, I'll be the person who kicks the computer then stare at the website until it works while eating a Popsicle.

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:56 AM

I've designed and ran several websites.

Interesting

*steeples fingers*

cruSig2.jpg

#15 SuperFreakyNick

SuperFreakyNick

Guardsmen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:03 AM

If you want the link to any of them, I'm sure I can find them if I hunt around. Also to my school if you really want to see (as long as it doesn't get shared to everybody). I also was a mod on two seperate websites, but I resigned because the people there pissed me off.

#16 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:08 AM

I also was a mod on two seperate websites, but I resigned because the people there pissed me off.

Occupational hazard I'm afraid

If you want the link to any of them, I'm sure I can find them if I hunt around. Also to my school if you really want to see (as long as it doesn't get shared to everybody).

If you wish to work for the site, and end up using that as "work experience" or w/e it would always be confidential. We don't expose peoples real names or details.

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!