#21 Brother Remiel

Brother Remiel

Conscript

• Members
  • Others:
  • Pip
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

For me i have three favorites; melta gun, boltgun and stalker bolter.
If you have to take a point or disrupt the enemy on your own there is nothing better then a melta. It allows you to be self sufficient. Just got to remember not to shot off rounds to early and always be moving otherwise your dead. If you need someone to work in a small team to achieve what ever you wish then take the boltgun with both perks, makes you feel like a real space marine plus you can kill at most ranges, shooting braced heavy bolters is fun :). Lastly if precision is what the game calls for you cant miss out on a bit of sniping. One to the head for loss of shield and repeat, drops anyone you can find except iron halo. Plus you get a kick out of seeing a pretty assault marine blowing up mid jump.
He who spill's blood with me, shall be my brother
Posted Image

#22 Malus Darkblade

Malus Darkblade

Fire Wolf Veteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:46 PM

mines the Heavy Bolter because i love holding the line
sadface :C

#23 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

Lord Commander: Death Korps of Krieg

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

I love, and have had most success with, the humble 'Godwyn-Deaz' Pattern .998 caliber Boltgun. I don't like using Kraken bolts, the red massive shells look tacky, and get you seen. I use the targeter perk and aim for the chest/head area, middle to long range, it's deadly, accurate, and most people leave you alone because you're a humble Bolter wielding brother... (That sounds like a bad exploitation movie set in the 41st Millenium now, doesn't it? :D )

One other reason I love that set up is the challenge of dealing with assault marines, it's really satisfying to pick off the jump packers with superior positioning and mass-reactive bolt shells.

While I currently have a love affair with the stalker, the bolter still has my hearts.
Kraken/targeter ftw. Every now and again when I feel the need to dispense death like a true son of Khan, there's nothing else I would choose.

The Emperor Protects, but having a loaded Botler can't hurt either....

Also, the Storm Bolter, no perks, deadly. Feather that trigger right, and I can snipe cross map with silly effect!

Kumbaya... MOTHERFUCKER.

#24 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Another great weapon of choice is the coveted Sword of Lag. This spectacular sword brandishes a distinct attraction towards all enemies of its user. It also has a 25ft range to best chase down tricky tac's. Standing still, no problem. You can kill your enemies while not even swinging the sword! It also has a perk "Transparent blessing", that allows you to evade by teleporting through your enemy, completely dodging incoming assaults and allowing you to fool, stun and kill all who stand against you!
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#25 Commander Mongo

Commander Mongo

Lord Commander: Death Korps of Krieg

• Members
  • Others: ,
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

Another great weapon of choice is the coveted Sword of Lag. This spectacular sword brandishes a distinct attraction towards all enemies of its user. It also has a 25ft range to best chase down tricky tac's. Standing still, no problem. You can kill your enemies while not even swinging the sword! It also has a perk "Transparent blessing", that allows you to evade by teleporting through your enemy, completely dodging incoming assaults and allowing you to fool, stun and kill all who stand against you!

Thrice Blessed Mass reactive Bolts Of lag are always good to bring with also, for when those pesky ASMs are no longer in your sights, you can still show 'em who's boss...
AKA "LAGGIN BOLTS"

Kumbaya... MOTHERFUCKER.

#26 TheseWatersKill

TheseWatersKill

Meatshield

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:36 PM

The Bolter, with the krakken bolt upgrade
I can usually take anything down with that thing.

I'm also getting a feel for the Storm Bolter right now.
the amount of ammo you blaze through it depressing though, having to resort to the bolt pistol when you're on the hunt for ammo
TheseWatersKill, Glorified Meatshield In The Gothic Wars Since Apr 2012.

#27 DTdante2787

DTdante2787

I will never be a memory

• Interrogator
  • 1,886 posts
  • Xbox Live:dtdante2787
  • Steam:nightlorddante
  • Social Groups:Night Lords

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

I was for the longest time a Heavy Bolter user, but that is not my favorite

The Power Sword, hands down is my favorite weapon. It's both elegant and lethal, and while I may be slightly rusty, I've found I'm pretty effective with that thing. I use it so much I really forget to shoot people..it's just more fun to hack n slash (I seriously am playing for the wrong team now that I read that wording....)

raptor_by_artimac-d4xg7cccopy_zps5623e7c

#28 CotW

CotW

Busy Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,003 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

Power Sword is most fun for me. I love jumping around and stabbing people when they don't see it coming. Axe is cool for removing those pesky devs.

I've also got to stand up for the Storm Bolter. Hated it at first but while doing the 100 killsteak challenge I grew to love it. I don't always get the kill with it when running with a team but it really helps out just because of the weight of fire it puts out.

Stalker/Melta combo is for when I just wanna rack up kills.
Who's like us?
Damn few, and they're all dead!

#29 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

I've also got to stand up for the Storm Bolter. Hated it at first but while doing the 100 killsteak challenge I grew to love it. I don't always get the kill with it when running with a team but it really helps out just because of the weight of fire it puts out.

That it does. I've had cases where I've been under fire from multiple enemies, the someone comes in with one of those blazing and the guys going for me scatter. Gives me time to either get away or counter attack.

“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#30 Gerhart

Gerhart

MasterDabater

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

I tend to run power sword with impenetrable and air cooled thrusters. If I'm getting lag fucked or over run with meltas I usually break out the ole heavy bolter.

Posted Image
Worried you are becoming a super DB tool? CLICK ME! Repent I say! Repent!

#31 scrambles

scrambles

Witches are magically delicious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 07:52 AM

well. i can really dig an autocannon because it shreds everything and everyone on the battlefield, but when they're too close for an autocannon, you just got to use lightning claws, nothing really can compare to the primal dominance you feel as you tear enemies apart with your glowing claws!
Posted Image

#32 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:50 PM

well. i can really dig an autocannon because it shreds everything and everyone on the battlefield, but when they're too close for an autocannon, you just got to use lightning claws, nothing really can compare to the primal dominance you feel as you tear enemies apart with your glowing claws!

Autocannon? Lightning Claws? When did those sneak into Space Marine, or what universe are you in?

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

Change Theme!