31 replies to this topic

#1 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:46 PM

Now I know this is fairly obvious for a lot of us, which weapons we prefer using, but think hard on it. Give us your reason for using it, make us understand the appeal of that lovely piece of death dealing metal you hold so close to your heart (Or Khornate icon, depending on allegiance).

The reason I love the heavy bolter so much is in the very nature of the weapon. There is a sense of power you have while wielding it that no other weapon in this game has, so far, duplicated for me. The gun's boom, the size, the look, everything about it screams, "I am a dealer of death" and while using the gun I am reassured that I will do well in a game, win or lose.

There is also the challenge that comes with the gun itself. Heavy Bolters are, next to the standard bolter with no upgrades, and Thunder Hammers, one of the harder weapons to master in this game. In order to fire, you have to brace, while you are braced, you are vulnerable to every other gun out there. Even with expertise on if you brace and don't fire first you will often lose in a stand up fight. Using the gun effectively gives me a measure of pride in myself as a player.
“Victory does not always rest with the big guns:
but, if we rest in front of them we shall be lost.”
-Commander Argentius, Silver Skulls

#2 JC 042

JC 042

Sons of The Fallen clan leader

• GWRS Governing Council
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 9,552 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

Bolt Pistol: ITS SOOO AWESOME! Seriously I can snipe Devastators with this crap, its awesome!
Power Sword: its fast, and its veryshiney, whats not to like? I use it to slaughter a group of players or when hunting an individual, I kill groups because its so good for kill streaks, you just keep slicing and nothing stuns you (most of the time), I hunt people with it because its so surprising, with anything slower they have time to react, but with this by the time they react their aim is shaking and their dying.

Posted Image

JC: 99% Anime, 1% hot gas

#3 Brother Aries

Brother Aries

Chaplin 3rd company

• Members
  • Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

Chain Sword... i want a real one. need i say more?
I am become death. The destroyer of worlds.

#4 Brother Davious

Brother Davious

Blood Angels Chaplain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 287 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

Anyone going to be surprised if I say melta gun? Love it since the moment i picked it up, love having to get so close and the challenge of taking on devastators pleases me. Its an easy weapon to be good with, but takes time to master.

Postad bild

#5 Siddicus

Siddicus

Shadow Brother

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:25 PM

My beloved chainaxe and bolt pistol. :D

Axe: Because its more powerful than the chain/ powersword these seem how should i put it? Abit weak... And its alot quicker than the hammer/ maul plus i love that revving sound. :P

Bolt Pistol: Its less devastating than the plasma but its more accurate at short to medium range though you can hit at long range if you aim it just right maybe even kill if their armour has been stripped to shit and piss.
I am Fear Incarnate

Ave Dominus Nox!

#6 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:28 PM

BTW. what`s your setup NightWolf?

I have 3,

IH/Expertise for general use.

FNP/Expertise if there are an abundance of (or just one trouble making) powersword/chainsword weilding ASMs around.

And an IH/Artificers setup I use for durability. I tend not to use this one as much since my style depends on me moving around an area a lot, but there ARE times where I need to pick a spot and stay there, and this class has proven invaluable at the task.

#7 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

I agree comparatively regarding my Hammer. "The Dern Hammer" AKA "Dern's Fist" It is a tough weapon to master. While it is an excellent assault weapon, you must choose very carefully the targets you engage. Now with the hammer, although it can do massive damage, timing the attacks is the key in making the kill. I typically use my hammer for 2 reasons:
1. Shits and giggles class= Killing Blow/Sure Strike/Combat Stimulants. The "Y" stun interrupt is great with sure strike, and "YY" is an awesome AoE maneuver-- for the "Dern Smash" as I like to call it. ;) This is also the load out I use when I need to be defensive. To taunt and draw the enemy in to me! Works great against unsuspecting ASM's.

2. Dev killing. Various load outs.
The sword I love but it cannot kill a Dev that is braced faster then the dev can kill me, even with stims employed. Lets face it, some times you just don't have time to overly concentrate on a HB your trying to kill with a sword/ pistol to very likely get killed by that creepy little melta-gunner sneaking up behind you ready to capitilize. In these cases: Killing Blow lol, and I am sure you Dev's fear it too! ;)

As for my sword, known as "Dern's Dominion", Fear it! That is all.

Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#8 Roey

Roey

Conscript

• Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Im a chain axe fan myself. Cant beat the 'reving' of it when its tears up someones shoulder. Ultimate satisfaction weapon. Well, that is if you dont have a HB with coolant on: I love that constant barrage of massive shells. I would like more...'kick' to it though. Explosive shells as mentioned in the books for example.
Woof.

#9 Doorman69420

Doorman69420

Meatshield

• Members
  • Others:
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:35 PM

Vengeance Launcher!
For its power and adaptability...it takes 2 direct shots to kill an unmodified space marine, and for assault without inpenetrable and 3 to take out devastators. can play defensively by setting traps on say...seize ground points, or capture the flag spots. Or you can get crazy and set 15 launcher shots on a friendly assault and launch him into combat and wait for him/her to say HIT IT!!
Posted Image

#10 ElfinAssasin

ElfinAssasin

Sniper Expert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

i am a stalker bolter :) love the range and power of it and love when ASM's come at me cause 95% of the time they are dead before then can get close then if i feel like adding in the rapid fire perk they arent even standing a chance. and i know how to use it as an assault weapon so im not just sitting back sniping i am using to capture points and stuff

also the lascannon with both perks when i need that little bit of extra fire power.

i also love killing ASMs with combat knifes ticks the heck outta them :)

#11 Sammael

Sammael

Master of Sanctity, Keeper of the Word

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:05 PM

I love, and have had most success with, the humble 'Godwyn-Deaz' Pattern .998 caliber Boltgun. I don't like using Kraken bolts, the red massive shells look tacky, and get you seen. I use the targeter perk and aim for the chest/head area, middle to long range, it's deadly, accurate, and most people leave you alone because you're a humble Bolter wielding brother... (That sounds like a bad exploitation movie set in the 41st Millenium now, doesn't it? :D )

One other reason I love that set up is the challenge of dealing with assault marines, it's really satisfying to pick off the jump packers with superior positioning and mass-reactive bolt shells.
Serving Emperor and Imperium since Apr 2012.
Posted Image

#12 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:41 PM

My trusty sword and bolt pistol I can pick people off with my pistol from the air and a distance with it they can't tell where it's coming from. And my sword cause it stealthily.
Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#13 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

Vengeance Launcher!
For its power and adaptability...it takes 2 direct shots to kill an unmodified space marine, and for assault without inpenetrable and 3 to take out devastators. can play defensively by setting traps on say...seize ground points, or capture the flag spots. Or you can get crazy and set 15 launcher shots on a friendly assault and launch him into combat and wait for him/her to say HIT IT!!

I've started doing this with Edge Noha sometimes XD

The detonation word is "Banana"

#14 Kite Arca

Kite Arca

Vizen The Scion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts
  • Xbox Live:Kite Arca
  • PSN:Kite Arca
  • Steam:Fives

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

Vengeance Launcher!

I've started doing this with Edge Noha sometimes XD

The detonation word is "Banana"

Ahhhhhh yes lol

Posted Image
I hear you calling calling for me Queen of battle Infantry

#15 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:03 AM

Stalker Bolter, most effictive with More Ammo and with Burst Fire. The Weapon is boss, you can snipe people with it if you have enough skill. With no scope it also works as a shotgun allowing you to kill up close as well. If you roll away fast enough before a ASM lands, then when they do land, and your fast enough, you can take them down. As for ASM I like the Power Sword, cause its badass looking and you can lay down so many attacks in a short amount of time. My military doctrine is built around Prescion before Strength (Though the Stalker is quite strong) and Attack Withdraw Attack. Which is why I perfer the two. If I do go Dev I usually go HB for the "feel" everyone is talking about, though I really have no skill with it.
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#16 NightWolf889

NightWolf889

Crimson Fist Initiate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 298 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:09 AM

If I do go Dev I usually go HB for the "feel" everyone is talking about, though I really have no skill with it.

If you want some tips on how to use it, hit me up in game when I'm on. Probably won't be frequent until this weekend, college essays to write...

#17 Ork Slayer117

Ork Slayer117

World Eater Cultist

• Members
  • Others:
  • PipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:25 AM

If I do go Dev I usually go HB for the "feel" everyone is talking about, though I really have no skill with it.

If you want some tips on how to use it, hit me up in game when I'm on. Probably won't be frequent until this weekend, college essays to write...

Seems like a good idea Brother-Master, I'll be sure to do that. (Man, I got lots of shit to do with my Chapter when I get on =p (Meant in a positive way))
Scream your rage unto the stars, and by the gods, leave none alive!

#18 Cypher 1013

Cypher 1013

Raven Wing 2nd Company battle brother

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:38 AM

My beloved power sword. To feel its weight in my hand as I slashes it across the face of a heretic or false angel. To feel their destruction in my hands as I smell their blood sizzling off of my blade. “Where is the honor in killing your enemy if you can not watch the life drain from their eyes.”
Stoopid fuqing rools.
Awesome ends with me.

#19 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:21 AM

I like the Plasma Cannon, yeah you can get lots of cheap kills with it, but getting skillful arc shots are immensely satisfying. The new balances for it are good, but it's a shame they bugged it's melee response in the last patch :(

Second would be the Bolt Pistol pre patch, it was a work horse!

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#20 Darksaint

Darksaint

Wolf Lord Skull Takers Great Company

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:41 AM

Melta "when absolutely positively need to kill every m*****f****r in the room except no substitute !"
Samuel l Jackson (jackie brown) :)
Darksaint. If the mjod turns sour I ain't the kinda wolf to drink it !

Change Theme!