• This topic is locked This topic is locked
14 replies to this topic

#1 Naust

Naust

Meatshield

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

Thus far I only have the command squad for my Traitor Guard, will be using them for my heavy weapons unit (Apparently Heretics and renegades get to have a heavy support choice dedicated to just heavy weapon teams and a sabre defence platform!) . They are all in the works right now but the Plasma Gunner is the best one and pretty and much finished one in the unit. Used spikes from the Chaos Vehicle Sprue! Let me know what you guys think! Also, the coils on the plasma gun had to be done close to what the Plasma cannons looked like on Space Marine.... I'm a nerd what can you do?
We have ripped many souls apart from this realm of flesh, let us dine upon what is left, our time is now and my ascension is nigh! - Naust,The Prince of Chaos, speaking to all his Chaos brethren of the fallen Graia Crusade

#2 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:07 PM

What are you using as the base figure?

Posted Image

Nolo mihi libet sis multo felis.

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

Looking good mate

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 Naust

Naust

Meatshield

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:52 PM

Thanks Crucias! As for your question Domine, the base figure is just a regular Cadian from the Cadian command squad! They have rebreathers on the sprue so it was pretty easy for me to make what I wanted!
We have ripped many souls apart from this realm of flesh, let us dine upon what is left, our time is now and my ascension is nigh! - Naust,The Prince of Chaos, speaking to all his Chaos brethren of the fallen Graia Crusade

#5 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

I feel like Kriegers would be a good way to go, or if you wanted to be political in the current state of things, use Tallarn guys as the base of your 'traitor' guard.

Posted Image

#6 Naust

Naust

Meatshield

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 12:14 AM

I go with Cadian because it looks the best to me at least. I'm getting several sets of the Renegade Militia conversion sets once I get two battle force boxes of the cadians and one Renegade Command squad to be my HQ and also having a bud do me a conversion job so that I can have Arkos the Faithless.

#7 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

WARMASTER, Commander of the Night Lords.

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

I soooo need to win the UK's national lottery lol
Posted ImageUploaded with ImageShack.com

#8 Naust

Naust

Meatshield

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 11:51 AM

LOL how come?

#9 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

So I can afford all the figures I want and don't have to work so can spend my time painting them lol

#10 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:22 PM

With that kind of cash though you might be tempted to buy more than you could ever hope to paint.

Posted Image

#11 Talon Lord Othrim

Talon Lord Othrim

• Elite Member
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 04:38 PM

Nah I would go army to army. lol

#12 Naust

Naust

Meatshield

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

All in all, I have to say that if I could afford what I wanted, I'd have about 30-40,000 points of just Chaos (CSM, Traitor Guard, Daemons and various fighter jets, bombers and some Titans).

#13 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:17 AM

Only 30-40,000? In 5th Edition I think I have around 8 or 9k points of Marines, and that's without going to town with wargear and special stuff just to pad the points. I just know with unlimited funds and not having to worry about anything I would go and buy more than I could ever possibly paint. Build a large number of Apocalypse scale armies complete with Titans and super heavy tanks.

Posted Image

#14 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

I had 10k points of IG tanks plus Cadian Troops, Raven Guard, Grey Knights and Inquisition forces all under one massive Apoc army. Was lots of fun but it took nearly an hour a player turn

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#15 Domine Nox

Domine Nox

Regent of Ultramar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 08:03 PM

I love those games. Back in 2nd Edition before there were Apocalypse rules some friends and I did a 9k points a side Marines vs. Tyranids. When we called it quits all that was left on the board was a wounded Carnifex and 3 Terminators.

Posted Image

Change Theme!