#1 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:15 AM

Restricting Access To Member List

I have restricted access to viewing the member list, as of now Guests and unassociated members cannot see the member list. The reasons are as follows;

• Prevents spammers browsing member list and mass PM sending easily
  • Makes the forum team page more exclusive (see below)

Forum Team Page

Sometimes it will display blank groups, it's a code error in the forum software and we can't fix it

As of now the Forum Team page will display the members inside each group. Therefore anyone wanting to know who is registered on this site as a "Black Soul" can easily find out. This will also help faction leaders organizing their member lists.

An unfortunate side effect of the myBB code is that the Forum Team only displays a user's primary group. Therefore I appear as a High Lord but not a Raven Guard as High Lord is my primary group. This is on the agenda to be fixed asap.

Unfortunately a side affect of this was that guest could see this list and also people who just joined to lurk (without joining a faction). Therefore to allay privacy concerns regarding member lists I restricted access as previously mentioned.

Ladder

The ladder is 95% ready to roll, all that remains is the minimum squad registration and awards to be set up.

Campaign

Though I wrote the rulebook and made the map, this idea is effectively a Graia IP (Intellectual Property) and therefore we won't be running it unless we merge (see below). However they have canned it anyway so you ain't missing anything.

Auto Updating New Posts

As Apulo mentioned before, the "View New Post" link will now refresh every 5 minutes without you having to click the button again. Great for those who leave that page open on another monitor while working.

Spammers

Some of you may have noticed the recent invasion of the minions of dark lords of spam. We have been deleting them as we find them and Apulo added a plugin that will auto ban them after they post spam. However it is not perfect, if you receive Spam in a thread or a PM, or even notice someone is a spammer then please report it to any Global Mod or Admin. (Refer to forum team page for those members)

Dedicated Sections For Other Games

It has been decided that should a member wish to set up a faction which plays a different game other than Space Marine then they can have a home here. An example of this would be if someone wanted to set up a MW3 (bleh!) "clan" they can then be part of this community with that clan. While we are primarily dedicated to Warhammer, we do not require members be Warhammer fans, they can just lurk in the General sections.

Awards

We now have an awards plugin, while it's not completely configured (ie we don't have a complete list of awards) it is ready to go. Should faction leaders wish specific awards to be generated they have to simply PM myself or Apulo and we will get on it. An example of this would be if the Fists wanted to run an in-house competition to see who was the best and therefore required some form of recognition for the winner (or looser!).

Site Merger

There has been plenty talk about stitching back together the community by absorbing the Graia community into here. At the moment this has been discussed between the two forums and is being considered by Graia's admin staff. No official position has yet been announced by their leaders while ours is that we will accept it subject to protective conditions. I just want to make it clear, should such a merger occur this community's values will not be abandoned. The leadership will take on the style we have adopted here, open, accountable and approachable. We will learn from the past, but we will not allow it to recur.

----------------------------------

That's it for now, if anyone has questions they can PM any of our staff who I am certain will love me for volunteering them!

Feel free to discuss this bulletin below, I will lock this thread when the next bulletin is posted.

#2 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:41 AM

Restricting Access To Member List

I have restricted access to viewing the member list, as of now Guests and unassociated members cannot see the member list. The reasons are as follows;

• Prevents spammers browsing member list and mass PM sending easily
  • Makes the forum team page more exclusive (see below)

Forum Team Page

As of now the Forum Team page will display the members inside each group. Therefore anyone wanting to know who is registered on this site as a "Black Soul" can easily find out. This will also help faction leaders organizing their member lists.

An unfortunate side effect of the myBB code is that the Forum Team only displays a user's primary group. Therefore I appear as a High Lord but not a Raven Guard as High Lord is my primary group. This is on the agenda to be fixed asap.

Unfortunately a side affect of this was that guest could see this list and also people who just joined to lurk (without joining a faction). Therefore to allay privacy concerns regarding member lists I restricted access as previously mentioned.

:( Oh well.
Also, I'm not sure if you know or if it is intentional but I can still see the Forum Team Page by going to
http://www.revenantwings.org/spacemarine/showteam.php

Also ACK D0cR0ck, Siddicus, and Talon Lord Othrim are listed as "Chaos Lord (Moderator - Chaos)" As they were before but Siddicus and Talon Lord Othrim are also listed under "Moderators" with Gerhart.
And the old "Chapter Master(?) (Moderator - loyalist)

Sorry if that doesn't make sense I'm having a hard time explaining it.
It seems having Chaos Mods & Regular Mods redundant, when two of the chaos mods are regular mods as well. Am I missing something?

Site Merger

There has been plenty talk about stitching back together the community by absorbing the Graia community into here. At the moment this has been discussed between the two forums and is being considered by Graia's admin staff. No official position has yet been announced by their leaders while ours is that we will accept it subject to protective conditions. I just want to make it clear, should such a merger occur this community's values will not be abandoned. The leadership will take on the style we have adopted here, open, accountable and approachable. We will learn from the past, but we will not allow it to recur.

Still waiting to hear from the others.

#3 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:54 AM

Also ACK D0cR0ck, Siddicus, and Talon Lord Othrim are listed as "Chaos Lord (Moderator - Chaos)" As they were before but Siddicus and Talon Lord Othrim are also listed under "Moderators" with Gerhart.
And the old "Chapter Master(?) (Moderator - loyalist)

Sorry if that doesn't make sense I'm having a hard time explaining it.
It seems having Chaos Mods & Regular Mods redundant, when two of the chaos mods are regular mods as well. Am I missing something?

Yeah I wrote this half way through that forum team page update. I have to re-order users and make them conform to the correct order.

Unfortunately the new Rule Page plugin made the website go absolutely spastic and I have been running around in a panic for the last 15 minutes fixing it!

----

You're a member of a new usergroup which is essentially an elevated member group. This group is not subject to the usual restrictions.

However members can still access it. The code lists member list and forum team as siblings, but it seems the admin CP does not assign a ban to memberlist viewing to forum page. Sigh, more work

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#4 Guest_Zero_*

Guest_Zero_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:15 AM

You're a member of a new usergroup which is essentially an elevated member group. This group is not subject to the usual restrictions.

However members can still access it. The code lists member list and forum team as siblings, but it seems the admin CP does not assign a ban to memberlist viewing to forum page. Sigh, more work

So... Would this be bad time to mention I forgot my password and had to make a new account?

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:19 AM

The really funny thing is you have my email and could have just emailed me. I'll reset it and PM your new profile the old password. PM me back of the old account and I'll delete the new one.

If you want the old name changed then ask too

cruSig2.jpg

#6 Zero

Zero

Moderator detective

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:24 AM

The really funny thing is you have my email and could have just emailed me. I'll reset it and PM your new profile the old password. PM me back of the old account and I'll delete the new one.

If you want the old name changed then ask too

Herpderp, thanks!

EDIT: And back on topic, looks like you've got everything fixed except for 'Test'.

#7 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:30 AM

I like it crucias, you and apulo are doing a fine job with everything
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:47 AM

EDIT: And back on topic, looks like you've got everything fixed except for 'Test'.

Someone helped me on the myBB support forums so now the forum team is restricted.

The next issue is removing the 7 group display cap and figuring out why only some users appear multiple times .

As for this 'Test' do you mean the profile? It is now called Servoskull and is now the official forum test bitch profile. So when I need to test rank or group specific settings this little bugger gets the short straw :D

cruSig2.jpg

Change Theme!