51 replies to this topic

#1 Drake Malice

Drake Malice

Meatshield

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:13 PM

http://www.joystiq.c...player-game-10/
"I heard you only use the Melta-Gun...that is the universal sign that you are a Bosh'tet" -Drake Malice

#2 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Yep, it's official:

http://www.marketwat...nium-2012-03-29

This just tells me that THQ is going to rush it to market to keep from going under. The fact that they're letting 79 Vigil and 39 Relic employees go supports this theory.

#3 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Cmon man! * suddenly becomes calm and grabs torch and pitchfork* anyone wanna take a roadtrip

sent from my couch

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#4 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

Jesus Christ.........
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#5 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

Squeak Squeak Mother F***ers

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter, GWRS Governing Council
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

Damn

Our entire expansion plans hinged on that being an MMO. We will need to seriously rethink things now.

Do Not XBL-Message or PM Me Website or Community Issues/Requests.
Use The Support Centre Instead!

cruSig2.jpg

#6 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

I mean God Damn......... 
The best 40k has had has been Dawnn of war the pc game, the first one...... THQ I swear, let them burn.
Banned for trying to destroy the community from within: https://www.gothicwars.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=5131&pid=69305#pid69305

#7 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:58 PM

When they say "Online community features" I'm betting they're talking about something like Battlelog or CoD elite. I'm guessing there will be some clan features built in to the game. So while it probably won't be the same, we can still plan on our expansion.

#8 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

When they say "Online community features" I'm betting they're talking about something like Battlelog or CoD elite. I'm guessing there will be some clan features built in to the game. So while it probably won't be the same, we can still plan on our expansion.

Of course, but it won't be the same. At least with VASSAL there is a whole new avenue of expansion.

We'll probably Dub Diablo3 or Path of Exile to be a community game as well, so we have that MMO fix

cruSig2.jpg

#9 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

You cant put faith, or hope in these developers to follow through with shit! Im sorry i am just a bit discouraged atm

#10 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

You cant put faith, or hope in these developers to follow through with shit! Im sorry i am just a bit discouraged atm

Yeah, hopefully GW pull the IP contract and give it to someone else. O god let it be Killzone developers, thier games just look so damn [rainbow]SEXY[/rainbow]

cruSig2.jpg

#11 Apulo

Apulo

Lead Programmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

It's not 100% their fault. Hosting an MMO is a huge expense for servers and support staff. With the financial woes THQ is having, it was probably down to releasing it as they are or canning it altogether.

#12 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

Brothers.nnwat did we expect? Look ay space marine...look at the promise it held..I mean let's be real anyone remember the first dlc fiasco? I beleive it'll be a good game but.....Damn man...I've wanted that game since first news of it

sent from my couch

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#13 Armoured Priest

Armoured Priest

Man in the long black coat

• Administrators
  • 10,192 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:28 PM

Hmmm single player with multiplayer aspects and support? I wonder if they took a look at Mass effect 3 and thought that's a better option considering the way their company is going.

Burning, Stabbing, Devouring, Changing, Resurrecting and creating in Sanctuary
We have such sights to show you...

SignatureBurias_zpsafd03a97.jpg

#14 Drake Malice

Drake Malice

Meatshield

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

If this will not be an MMO then it better be a DAMN good Single-Player game or so help me Tzeentch...
*Glares at Big Red Button*
"I heard you only use the Melta-Gun...that is the universal sign that you are a Bosh'tet" -Drake Malice

#15 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

It's not 100% their fault. Hosting an MMO is a huge expense for servers and support staff. With the financial woes THQ is having, it was probably down to releasing it as they are or canning it altogether.

Actually, they could release the server code and allow other people to host the servers. You still pay to play, but the hosting group gets discounts.

Then you hardcode the IP of the hosted server into the game. To the normal user, it would look just like a WoW server list

cruSig2.jpg

#16 J NOSK36

J NOSK36

The poniest of all ponies... PONY PONY PONY PONY

• Acolyte
  • Others: GWRS 2.0 Supporter
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

Why not make it a console game like knights of the old republic was until now
Posted Image

I am the Night!!!!!!!

#IllumiGothic

#17 scrambles

scrambles

Witches are magically delicious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

good thing i checked this, i was about to post the same news. so essentially, we're going to be getting a spacemarine 2! hopefully it won't be damned from the very start like the last.
Posted Image

#18 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:16 AM

Actually, they could release the server code and allow other people to host the servers. You still pay to play, but the hosting group gets discounts.

Then you hardcode the IP of the hosted server into the game. To the normal user, it would look just like a WoW server list

If gothic wars was able to host a sever, that could be additional revenue for the site. I of course would be so for that. Facion mod discount =D

#19 CruciasNZ

CruciasNZ

• Administrators
  • 12,171 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:19 AM

That was our hope Dern but alas. Mind you, if there are dedicated servers for the shitty game we're gonna get we'll go for that instead

cruSig2.jpg

#20 TheGodDernMan

TheGodDernMan

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 935 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:25 AM

Cool, there may be hope. Its not from the games we play but, rather it comes from US, the community! I just have to keep telling myself lol I CAN make it workout, just as I have done on Space marine.

Change Theme!