37 replies to this topic

#1 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

your vision swims as the world comes into view  . The city street that had been so full of life just a moment before. Paddlers selling trinkets and re purposed tools bustled left and right as children ran with fruits and bread back to their homes. But..... 

You blink, clearing your vision of the hot blood that streaks your face.  Down the street you can see the massive walls of the sanctum bent inward , and from the rent open wound, cultists and zealots surge through the streets, reaping a bountiful harvest of flesh and gore. To your right lie the bodies of the mercenaries that you had come to had been put with, they lay in broken piles in pools of their innards with their faces twisted in a perpetual rictus of final horror.

"I found one.."

a soft mechanical voice says drawing your eyes upward.

"Shes from the order.... Must be the aspirant they sent here to handle these cultists..Poor thing."

he swims in your vision until he crouches to your right, showing a figure in all black Armour, giving him a slightly futuristic look. A sleek and almost wolf like helm looks down at you , your own pitiful reflection gazing back to you as he sighs

"Im not going to lie to you...You're in bad shape..And if it wasn't for your training you would be dead. This town is gone, your mission is failed and more than likely your going to be punished for this... However."

he reaches into his belt and pulls out a flare.

"The enemy leader is still here. Its my mission to make sure he doesn't leave. If you help me ill give you the tools to save your life... its your choice."

reaching down he points to a horribly deep gash in your side that pumps blood with each movement and screams in pain with heavy throbs.

"if you cauterize that wound you'll stomp hemorrhaging blood. You'll be able to come with me and i can help you avoid the racks."

Tilting his head toward your fallen allies he shrugs,

"Or. YOu can just close your eyes until the undead come to feed."

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#2 MiraMidnight

MiraMidnight

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:11 PM

Mira could hear the distant screams, the clanging of metal, and could swear she heard flesh, ripping. She was pissed. This is not how any of this was supposed to go. There weren't supposed to be this many casualties and knowing that every word he spoke was true, Mira swallowed the bit of pride that she still had left. She readjusted, ever so slightly, and winced at the pain of the open gash.

"I'll help you."

Reaching up shakily to retrieve the flare, she admires his armor for a moment. A fleeting thought of, Had this been another day - I could see us being friends. - She blinks quickly coming back to.

Mira takes the flare and removes the cap; lighting it, just as you would with a match. Inhaling deeply, she bites her lip and carefully begins cauterizing her deep wound.

#3 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

the man watches idly as the flare causes intense searing pain to shoot down your side like a blade, its almost unbearable, you are pushed to the brink of pain ......

"Enough."

he says , pulling the flare away and tossing it aside.

"if you black out youre just going to be dead weight."

without much care, and with cold detachment, the man walks over to the dead mercvs and pulls off a machete from one of their belts and a pistol from another.

"Here...This should be enough for you to not hold me back..What is your name. my name is bram."

slowly, he reaches up and removes his helmet, cradling it in his side. The man has sharp, european features that is surrounded by a curtain of black hair. Piercing blue eyes look at you from under the mop and his eyes roam your tattered clothes idly.

"If you survive today, i will be the one youll be working with for the sect.... I dont even know if they make suits for somone as chesty as you."

he ruffles his hair in annoyance ant refits his helmet, opening his hand and soon what appears like liquid mercury runs along the ground into his hand, forming quickly into a spear.

"Can you stand."

cainsig11.jpg

#4 MiraMidnight

MiraMidnight

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 December 2017 - 01:20 AM

Watching the flare roll away, she chuckles a bit because he's not wrong. The pain was becoming unbearable, though she was willing to deal with it in order to stop the hemorrhaging. Mira sits up on her knees trying to regain her bearings. Taking the machete and the gun from this man ,who possibly saved her life if she can make it out of their next mission.

"You're not wrong and these weapons will do just fine. Bram, my name is Mira."

Mira almost gasped at the sight of his piercing blue eyes and sharp features. Her emerald green eyes and subtle features paled in comparison to his. Mysterious and intriguing, were some of the first things to go through her mind after he removed his helmet. While his eyes idly roamed her tattered clothing, she suddenly felt the need to readjust but contained herself.

"I will do my damnedest to survive.... As far as the suits go," looking down at her chest and back to Bram, "They'll just have to adjust whatever needs to be done if they don't."

She places a hand on the ground, to gain leverage, pushing herself up and grunts quietly. Rolling her neck, as if to shake any pain or stiffness she was feeling. " Does this answer your question?"

Edited by MiraMidnight, 16 December 2017 - 01:20 AM.

#5 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

No, my question is why did a blooded of the sect get taken or like a chump and pull me away from my dogs .”

The newly formed spear rests on his shoulders as he begins to walk, speaking with somone out of sight:

“ well Mira.... my name is Bram . Bram stoker . I’m one of the members of the order. A part of the upper echelon known as the bloodied hand. This little warlord has been giving me some problems for a while.”

He passed an upturned cart and a gnarled hand reaches out for him. An undead had gotten caught I. A tumbling cart and was now reaching out for the warrior who very casually rams the spears counterweight into its skull with a wet crunch.

“ oh..... watch your step Mira.”

Without warning you are blitzed by something that sends you tumbling into the blood slick streets. A ghoul, one of the endless hordes of undead snarls and snaps at you with its split humanoid jaws , it claws at your skin to find purchase as it tries to clamp its jaws on your throat.

“ do me a favor.... survive please... pretty redheads are hard to find.”

Bram shakes his head and leans against the cart that the ghoul had been trapped under, checking his gloves

cainsig11.jpg

#6 MiraMidnight

MiraMidnight

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

As they started walking, she sighed not knowing exactly how to answer his question and began to observe her surroundings.

“Well, Bram, my name is Mira Midnight and I appreciate you showing up at such an opportune time. “

When they passed the upturned cart, she watched Bram ram his spears counterweight into the undead skull. Something about this action made her notice that all his movements seemed precise, yet careless.

About the time he’d told her to watch her step, she went tumbling and before she knew it; She was on the ground again, but this time was having her skin clawed at.

Mira scoffed when he made that remark. “Well, I feel special.” She spoke with sugarcoated sarcasm. Taking only a second to react, she quickly pulled the machete out and tried to ram it through the ghoul’s skull.

Edited by MiraMidnight, 17 December 2017 - 10:25 PM.

#7 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:44 PM

“ don’t be... my girlfriends a redhead and she’s got enough of an ego as it is.”

He says as he puts a hand to his face and yawns .

Your blade slams deep with a hard thud, lodging the metal deep into the rotting grey matter and making the beast go slack on top of you .

“ oh would you look at that .... you can kill things. The wasteland has been saved ... everyone pack it up the undead threat has been defeated .”

Hopping off the cart he comes over and helps you to your feet before cracking his neck.

“ good work with that one... I guess you may be a bit better than I had you pegged.”

In the distance you can hear gunfire and Bram lets out a groan.

“ Akashi if you started without me I’m gonna be some kinda pissed.”

The spear twirls in his hand and melts into a curling band that rides up his forearms.

“ come on .. hop skip jump.”

cainsig11.jpg

#8 MiraMidnight

MiraMidnight

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 08:40 AM

Lodging the blade deep into the ghoul’s head, she couldn’t help but chuckle at his comment about redheads and his sarcasm laced words about the undead threat. Mira pushed the beast off herself and stood with his help, then gave a ‘final’ bow as a rebuttal to his sarcasm.

“As far as redheads go, we are the best,” grinning slyly and ‘brushing’ her shoulder off, “We’re pretty fiery.”

She cracked her knuckles; Almost as if it were a reaction to him cracking his neck.

“I can only hope to fight up to your standards."

Mira raised a brow at his reaction to the gunfire - A reaction that she would've given not all that long ago. She studied him for a moment, as the spear melted and curled up his arm, before saying anything else.

“Someone having fun without you?” Taking into consideration that the fight was the only thing that seemed fun at times, until of course you end up wounded and lying on the ground potentially dying.

She placed the handgun in the back of her waist band and pressed forward with Bram.

Edited by MiraMidnight, 18 December 2017 - 08:51 AM.

#9 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

Yea .... that’s the aforementioned redhead girlfriend.”

Bram says with an exhasperated sigh as he continues down the road, picking a loaf of bread off of a nearby stand.

“ it’s gonna be an ordeal if she got the kill first... than she’s gonna talk shit.... ima have to buy her onion rings..”

He punches the bridge of his nose as gunfire takes down the street and you see another figure in blue armor similar to brams dove behind cover.

“ hey babe!”

She says with a chuckle, leaning up and trading some gunfire with unseen combatants.
“ who’s the redhead.... she the girl who got jumped?”

cainsig11.jpg

#10 MiraMidnight

MiraMidnight

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 02:03 AM

“Well, it sounds like you’re a lucky man,” Mira stated, running her hand through her hair that is dampened by blood that is starting to dry. It had been a long time since she’d had a romantic relationship with anyone; Mainly since it wasn’t her priority and her being picky didn’t help.

“She will have every right to talk shit if she gets the first kill,” She chuckled at their ‘bet’, “And she will deserve those onion rings.”

Her blood started to rush when they drew closer to the combat. This was excitement for her, though she probably didn’t need to overdo it because she still had a large open wound on her side.

Mira pulled the handgun from her waistband and adjusted in a spot behind the cover with Bram’s girlfriend, “Hi, yes, my name is Mira and you’re Akashi, right?” she asked ad her mind tried to analyze the combat that she has yet to join.

#11 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:47 AM

"lucky is one way to put it.."

bram says as the woman nods at your coming and stands up, leaning agasint the overturned cart and firing a salvo at three ment who are behind some shelves.

"Yep, thats me.. im Brams partner!"

she unbuttons a grenade on her belt and tosses it , letting it land with a loud tink before it erupts in a hail of explosive might.

the smell of gore and entrails fills the air as she hops up, bouncing her chesticles pleasingly before looking at you.

'FUck yea! Triple kill ! Nice to meet you.... WIsh it coulda been under better circumstances."

Bram comes over as the woman removes her helm, revealing a soft face with long red hair and green eyes.

"The warlord is holed up in the town square....He managed to survive my hit....Asshat."

cainsig11.jpg

#12 MiraMidnight

MiraMidnight

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 02:49 AM

“How else would you put it, then?’

Mira’s eyes strayed from the explosion to Akashi’s chest, as her breast bounced pleasingly, and quickly admired her figure. She looked great, but it just wasn’t her cup of tea. Focusing back on Akashi’s face, she smiled slightly. Something seemed off about the way Bram’s egotistical partner had handled things, which made her want to retract her statement about Bram being lucky.

“You too… under different circumstances…” she said answering Akashi and trailing off to gather her thoughts about the elusive warlord, that had been giving them trouble.

“So, what do I need to know about this elusive warlord and why are you having so much trouble with him?”

Edited by MiraMidnight, 20 December 2017 - 02:49 AM.

#13 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 03:06 AM

oh hes an absolute asshat!"

she says with an annoyed huff as she suddenly leans back, evading a bullet that would've splattered her brains all over miras face.

"Hold on dear.."

she says as she breaks off into a run to handle the person who had just shot at her.

"Shes a headtaker from the asura sect.... And shes got some weird refec overstimm."

Bram says with a bored sigh.

"Shes really easy to deal with becasue shes so airheaded most things go over her head.... But when that overstimm comes in to the picture,....
"

there is a horrbile scream that rips through the quiet followed by the squelching of pulping flesh.

"Shes gonna need a few minutes...."

his arms old across his chest and he reaches into his belt, pulling out a carton of cigarettes.

"You smoke?"

cainsig11.jpg

#14 MiraMidnight

MiraMidnight

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 03:57 AM

Mira raised her eyebrows and shook her head a bit. The bullet was a close call and she appreciated not having Akashi’s brain on her face. She watched the airheaded girl run off and proceeded to turn her attention back to Bram.

Hearing the horrible scream followed by his reply, Mira shifted her weight so that she could lean against the cart. “I can tell, and I do smoke; It’s been a while since I’ve had one.” Thinking about the wonderful headrush it would give her, she hoped that he would offer her one.

“So how long have you two been together? You seem like a pretty good match,” she asked with a half-smile because she didn’t really know whether or not she believed her own words.

#15 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:39 AM

“ pretty good match?”

He says with a chuckle as he pulls the cigarette down to the filter in one long pull.

“ she’s an absolute lunatic.... a sundae tripLe dipped in psycho and sprinkled with nuts.... but she’s a good person.”

He lights another cigarette and holds another out.

“ we where arranged about 5 years ago by the sect. Than sent out for nerf work, we where called back to induct you into our squad.”

He begins to smoke the second, this time slower.

“ the warlord made his moves first.”

cainsig11.jpg

#16 MiraMidnight

MiraMidnight

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:35 AM

“The lunatic part is obvious,” she stated, as she took the cigarette he offered and lit it, taking a decent hit; Mira closed her eyes and tilted her head back, exhaling. She chuckled because she hadn’t heard of anyone being called a triple dipped psycho in a very long time, “Though, she definitely seems to be a good person.”

After pondering the thought of arranged marriage or “coupling”, she assumed that the reason she hadn’t been arranged was because she was baron. Curiously, she asked, “So, if you hadn’t been arranged with Akashi; Would you have chosen someone else? Would that have been an option?” Taking another drag, thinking that probably wasn’t the best thing to ask at this point. She honestly wanted to know if she would be able to be with a woman or would she be arranged to marry a man.

#17 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 12:57 AM

"i couldve been placed with anyne i wanted... But the head of the sect figured it was a good political marriage."

Bram shrugs matter of factly and pulls off a canteen, offering it to mira.

"Anyone below the bloodletter rank is free to marry whoever they choose... The Elite are arranged as befitting the sect."

in the distance, akashi comes into view, holding a mans head in her hand.

"Bram!"

she says eagerly as the man groans.

"Look!! I can make it talk!"

she sticks her fingers in the mans throat and makes it mime talking as the purifier groans.

"Oh god.....Please end me now... Id rather have to deal with the constant vampire references."

cainsig11.jpg

#18 MiraMidnight

MiraMidnight

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 01:32 AM

“Okay, I got you. That’s good to know,” exhaling, as a sign of relief, “Thanks.” She took the canteen from him and took a drink from it against her better judgement. 

Turning her head to see Akashi coming back up and making a hand puppet out of the guys head. Handing the canteen back to Bram, she giggled because it was a little funny, “Aww, come on it's not that bad! Although, you need to tell me some of these references.”

Edited by MiraMidnight, 29 December 2017 - 02:11 AM.

#19 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:28 AM

Bram takes the canteen and takes a long sip, putting it on his belt before Akashi runs over.

"Ok....SO super important...The warlord has a bunch of those orridium ghouls that cancel your powers... SO unless you wanna go all heir of dracula on them.. Id suggest we take this little beautifully squishy redhead to go see your old man."

Bram growls at this and rolls his shoulders.

"YOu know i hate it when you do that.."

akashi chuckles and hugs Mira from behind.

"Yooooouuuu dont want her toooo diiiiie do you...."

cainsig11.jpg

#20 MiraMidnight

MiraMidnight

Meatshield

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:34 AM

A bit surprised by being hugged from behind and being called 'beautifully squishy', Mira looked at Bram with a sly grin and dripped her first few words in sarcasm, "No powers, yay. You don't want me to die do you? Because then I would just be dead weight...," Thinking that Bram would say no and only adding in her two cents to go along with Akashi, she kept her assumptions to herself; Considering they usually got her in trouble.

Edited by MiraMidnight, 29 December 2017 - 04:38 AM.

Change Theme!