226 replies to this topic

#101 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • Others: GWRS Governing Council
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 10:41 PM

shango looks back at the doll and speaks the word of power.

"En."

she says with a powervful tone, forcing ida to obey and stand back, splitting open like a swiss army knife to reveal the weapons shango had placed inside her.

"Let us make something clear ida.."

she says carefully, grabbing a black pin and slowly inserting it, testing all the other pins.

"If you so much as breathe wrong....Even hell will seem kind compared to what i will inflict...Sen."

idas body snaps closed with a loud clap and she goes to a chair, sitting down and motioning at vale.

"Can you please bring me the pills on the cabinet dear...Im dizzy."

Oh sanctuary...THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT Rp
cainsig11.jpg

#102 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:17 AM

'Ida' remembered this. What she did not remember, was Shango's cruelty, seizing up her joints and then torturing her with pins. She had been forced to release Vale, the girl getting out of the way feeling uneasy. She was aware something was off, but didn't notice what until she looked into 'Ida's eyes, which were frozen in a glare at Shango. The doll hadn't done anything, so why was she being hurt? She was oblivious to the tension and disrespect, leaving her to look between her doll and Shango worriedly before obeying and going to retrieve the medicine.

When 'Ida' was released, a shaky puff escaped her lungs as she slumped back against the wall. The phrase 'heartless bitch' died on her tongue, because as loathe as she was to admit it, the lady was only trying to protect her investment. That's all that Vale was, wasn't it? A simple investment to Shango. It was infuriating to stand by and witness. Why was the girl so oblivious?

#103 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 03:35 AM

Shangos eye opens , revealing the symbol of the serpents coiling menacingly in that cursed orb.

“ I love the glare in your eye ida... I love the way you boil with hatred now , and I can hear the words that die in your lips. If I considered that child an investment idve made her a wonderous doll by now..... beautiful ... pure.”

The air seems to become uncomfortable, even for a doll, like a large serpent was released in the room and was coming closer.

“ vale means more to me than the love of my life..... more than his suffering .... more than auroras anger.... if I ever do much as hear you think otherwise , your body will becomin. A waking nightmare for you.”

Shangos eye closes and the air goes back to normal as she coughs hard into her hand, soaking her palm in bloood .

“ vale... some tea...”

She motions at the set beside her bed.

“ please..”

cainsig11.jpg

#104 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:24 AM

It took most of 'Ida's restraint to keep the fear off of her face. It seemed that when Shango intended to make a point, she went all out. The doll had been there when Aurora tore the thugs apart, and she had no doubt that if she crossed the line, Shango would have her killed. Shango would probably be delighted to create a doll with Vale as a replacement. And that was if it was even if there was even a fraction of truth of Shango's affection for the girl. 

'Ida' was afraid, yes, but it also was relieving that the kid was no longer alone. Of course, Vale was still a stranger, but she was so innocent that anybody would feel a bit protective of her. If 'Ida' had had anyone like Shango to care after her when she was alive... Perhaps she wouldn't have had such a predictable and violent death.

Vale had caught the tail end of the tense atmosphere, furrowing her brow in concern with the pill bottle held carefully in her hand. She wasn't certain if she should ask, but her doll's expression spoke more than enough for her to go off of.  She only grew more concerned as the mistress coughed, prompting the girl to rush over, setting the pills on the closest table and uncertainly hovering over Shango's shoulders, unable to help. Her hands shook at the helpless feeling that consumed her, only able to relax enough to breathe properly when she was given the request to make tea.

As the girl rushed off to prepare the drink, 'Ida' slowly raised herself to her feet, staring at the mistress warily. "What was that? What did you do?"

#105 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 01:46 AM

summon a demon name aganemnon....Was going to make a point before the girl returned.."

the woman says , clutching her stomach as she takes the pills.

"I didnt have enough time to bring him here...Else idve left you no doubt where you stand ida...."

Krausus looks back and forth and goes to summon the next soul as shango kneels besides vale, showing her how to pound and mix tea.

"yuou see baby girl...... YOu have to make sure itrs nice and mixed...Or else it just takes like grass.."

cainsig11.jpg

#106 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:56 AM

The doll flinched at her 'own name'. "It's Chalice," she murmured defensively, creeping towards the door as Shango and Vale attended to the tea. She had been here just for a handful of moments and she already had pissed off most of the people she would be around on a daily basis. Not to mention the mistress-- god, why am I considering her title, even tried to summon a damn demon on her. All because she was a little too harsh to the kid. She had no qualms about being loyal to the kid, to Vale, but she truly did not want to adopt the name of a soulless doll. 

Vale nearly fell over when Shango knelt beside her, her hands trembling as she tried her best to quickly make tea. She nearly jumped up at the suddenness of the new company, worry prompting her to gnaw on her lip. Shango was unwell, that much was blatantly clear. She wasn't entirely sure what had transpired, but she knew as she felt 'Ida' sneak off that it was far from pleasant.

#107 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:06 AM

calm your hands.."

shango says with as mall smile as she guides the young womans hand, showing her how to do it.

"I am fine.....I just lost my cool with the dolls insolence...... COme baby girl."

she smiles as aurora comes in with some small scones and jam.

"do you like sweet things CHild?"

shango asks as she spreads some of the jam on the scone slowly.

"I love sweet things....ANd chocolate."

cainsig11.jpg

#108 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:48 AM

Chalice slumped against the wall, just outside the room. She knew that she wouldn't be allowed to go far, just going off of the memories that were shown to her, Vale didn't like being alone. The vague bond that they shared backed up the claim, the subtle uneasiness that Vale gave off when she noticed the doll leaving... The guilt ate at her. She was simply grateful that the blue haired bitch paid her no mind. Chalice wasn't in the mood to deal with any snark. 

Vale didn't calm down until she lightly pressed into Shango's side, having inched closer as she squirmed. "Please give her a chance... She doesn't feel mean. She just feels.. Rough?" Her brow furrowed, her words a broken whisper. It was hard for her to explain, though she realized that Shango would definitely understand the strange sensation. Ida-- no, Chalice she supposed, didn't want to harm her. She was a good person; she had to be. 

Vale twitched when the door opened, barely suppressing the urge to whirl around and face the intruder head on. When she realized that it was only Aurora, she relaxed marginally, the desire to hide diminishing. She didn't want to be that weak anymore; she would defend herself from this point on, and she knew that Shango would help her with it. But it didn't calm her nerves, after all it had been only a day since Shango and she had begun talking more than absolutely necessary... The thought made her flush uncomfortably, shifting away from Shango. The girl didn't want to be a nuisance. She couldn't be clingy, otherwise Shango would tire of her, or worse, get cross with her. 

Nodding rather than speaking, she carefully reached for a scone, offering a small smile of thanks to Aurora before quickly retreating, nibbling on it and forgoing the jam. 

#109 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:20 AM

SHango smiles and places the treat in vales hand.

"So my child...I am going to start giving you some responsibilities around here ok? with chalice you should be mnore than ok..... But with my sickness i wont be able to do it ..ok?"

Zero comes back in and leans gasint the wall, gnawing on some crackers as Aurora cocks her head.

"What ...she is gonna start running errands."

cainsig11.jpg

#110 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

Vale looked down at the floor, half of her scone gone due to nibbling alone. Shango's words caused her chest to clench uncomfortably, though it took her a moment to realize it was because Shango was admitting that she was unwell. This woman had seemed like a powerhouse, an unstoppable force, even without the use of her dolls. Shango herself was strong, and so hearing that she was indeed human with weaknesses... It was like learning that your childhood hero wasn't as permanent as you once thought. It felt weird in Vale's chest as she pondered this. 

Of course, she wouldn't deny the responsibilities. She would accept them for as long as Shango allowed her to be around. It simply was her personality to help when she could; when someone trusted her enough to keep her around to complete tasks. Shango was the first, and she was sick. It ate at Vale until her hands fell into her lap, fidgeting slightly until she was able to refocus on the woman beside her, though she wasn't quite able to hold her gaze. 

She ignored Aurora's words, uncertain if the doll was trying to make fun of her. Vale wasn't going to let it get to her; she just reminded herself that this was Shango trusting her.

Outside of the room, Chalice hadn't budged. She barely resisted the urge to draw her legs to her chest as she was berated with Vale's sadness. It wasn't overwhelming, but it was such a simple emotion that even the vagueness did nothing to muffle it. The doll was glad that she refrained from reacting physically when Zero walked by, ignoring her entirely. She could not afford to be weak. The kid needed something steady and strong in her life, but even more so, it felt like she was in a hornet's nest. If she wasn't careful to avoid jostling the queen...

#111 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:47 AM

zero stops and looks at Chalice. his eyes where cold for several seconds. A cold that few but maybe chalice could understand. Zero had tasted death, and what he was, what he had become was something terrible. Unlike aurora, the snobby older sister, Zero was a walking  slaughterhouse. SOmething given over to the concept of carnage. Whatever he touched died, and the fact that chalice survived his attack at all, let alone heard him speak was a blessing.

"s...St..and.."

He rasps, his voice sounding like knives being sharped on leather.

"sh..He...henneeds ..yo..u."

he goes over to shango and pulls out a syringe, placing it into her arm gently and injecting it as shango speaks.

"You will go with zero,...And make sure no ones getting too grabby with the ladies that work my dens... SOme of my girls have been coming home bruised up and i dont like it...Can you handle that for me vale?"

cainsig11.jpg

#112 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 11:30 AM

Chalice flinched when Zero 'spoke' to her. The horrible sound of his mimicry of speech made her spine stiffen, and the fact that he was looking down upon her caused her to straighten. Sitting on the floor was bad positioning on her part, and she slowly climbed to her feet, face almost perfectly neutral. She felt the spike of defensiveness, wanting to lash out from the treatment she received earlier as well as him overstepping on her newly established bond with Vale. But she didn't. Because Chalice realized that Zero understood Vale, and he understood their connection. He clarified the blurry emotions that lingered around her mind. 

Her face softened, just slightly, as she nodded at him, murmuring "The girl .. finds comfort with you," though it was a challenge to admit. She knew how Vale felt about Zero, and she didn't want to be indebted to him for kicking Chalice out of her own head. Her kid needed around, she didn't have the time to lick her wounds. Her pride was inconsequential to Vale's needs. She was still new to this second chance at life, she wouldn't squander it. At least her "mistress" wasn't cruel-- though, wouldn't Shango technically be their mistress? Chalice furrowed her brow as she reentered the room behind Zero, sticking close to the wall as she watched everyone. 

Vale winced as Zero brought out the needle, withdrawing and averting her gaze to the floor. Worry for Shango ate at her, until Chalice crossed the room, nudging Vale's shoulder and carefully pulling the girl to her feet. The doll didn't try to move the girl away from their mistress; that wouldn't be beneficial. Chalice was silent as Vale quietly agreed, clutching at her elbows anxiously. She had no problems going to help people, she just hadn't been expecting Shango's health to be so fickle. It was terrifying, just when she begun getting attached to someone... 

Biting her lip, Vale glanced over to Zero. They were going to have an interesting day, if the worst happened.

#113 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 08:07 PM

shangos head lols, and she falls quickly into sleep, strands of her hair obscuring er face as she is tucked into bed and aurora shows them both out.

Soon xero comes along, his face obscured with bandages , but wearing a white hood.

"c..cc..ccommme."

He rasps, placing a reassuring hand on Vales shoulder and pointing across the street and down the boulevard to the brothel known as the crimson petal.

cainsig11.jpg

#114 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:29 AM

Vale's worried gaze follows Shango, not budging from her spot for several seconds after she sees Shango tucked into her bed, a not so small part of her wanting to curl up beside her and ensure that she was alright. But Vale had to follow through with Shango's request.. Order? Favor, Vale reminded herself, as Zero placed a hand on her shoulder, startling her out of her thoughts. A blush painted her cheeks as she rushed out of the door, stumbling over her own feet before catching herself. How mortifying...

Chalice merely chuckled silently, trailing behind her kid, amusing herself with Vale's antics rather than focusing on the fact she was being used in slave labor. Though, thinking about it, she pretty much was Vale's servant... What an unpleasant thought.

#115 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 02:57 AM

as chalice leaves, she can see something sitting in the seat beside the bed. It is a figure with burning, glowing eyes. It watches her with cold indifference, a feeling she remembers from another place...A different place. It pulls its gaze away and watches shango, reaching out and stroking her hand lightly until you are out of sight.

The streets are cold and its raining. Zero pulls his bandages over his face and leads them through the network of tunnels until they come to the brothel.

It is bustling, men and women come and go without issue and zero points to a door at thefar side and leads you in. There, women, men, and all mix are getting dressed, entertaining customer or just talking until an older woman, her back hunched with years come over.

"oh hoho...Zero...Are you coming to help us with our little issue?"

she asks softly, looking at everyone gathered.

"Is she to be landy shangos stand it? but she is just a girl? ...And who is this striking doll?'

cainsig11.jpg

#116 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 09:31 PM

Chalice faltered in her steps, her gaze locked on the ominous figure hunched over Shango. She was going to make a scene, barging back into the room and demanding the figure-- most likely that demon of hers, until she saw that it wasn't intending Shango harm. Gritting her teeth, she tore her gaze away and forced her legs to move. 

Vale wasn't very fond of narrow spaces. The tunnels had her breathing staggered, clutching at her chest as panic set in. Memories of being shoved into trunks and tiny rooms, usually hiding for her life, flicked leisurely through her mind. A few long seconds later, and she was gasping for breath that wasn't reaching her lungs. The hand that settled on the small of her back made her jerk away, but it was persistent and steadied her, causing her to glance back at the stoic looking Chalice. 'You're okay,' the doll mouthed at her, refraining from pulling the girl into her side. It took most of the trip for Vale to calm down fully, but Chalice helped.

When they emerged from the tunnels, Chalice dropped her hand, fully aware that it would be beneficial for Vale to appear strong. Reputation meant a lot, and she also had to protect Shango's as well as Vale's. When the old lady addressed them, she forced a slight smile, responding for both her and Vale. "She is, and I am called Ida."

#117 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:27 AM

The old woman smiles warmly and leads them into a small room with some chairs and some tables.

"Madam shango usually would've been here by now with aurora...Is she not well?"

she looks at zero who shakes his head in the negative and she sighs.

"a pity..The madam makes a beautiful soup on Thursdays...... It really lifts the girls spirits."

zero points at himself, than to the door and leaves as the old lady chuckles.

"Now my dear.... We have had a group of young men and women.... Coming in and bullying on and beating some of our boys and girls.... I need someone to put a stop to that..Can you please help?"

she points to a small jewelers case on the table.

"i will happily pay the weekly due..... But i cant keep making payments if my children are being hurt."

cainsig11.jpg

#118 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:37 AM

Chalice was the first to note that Zero trusted this old lady with the information that Shango was ill, but the fact that she had asked specifically if the mistress wasn't feeling well rather than just being busy. It suggested that Shango trusted this lady, at least to some minor extent. Vale smiled shyly at the new setting, unfamiliar with such a .. cozy setting. 

Vale didn't speak, but Chalice replied without hesitation; if she allowed things to sit too long, it would make Vale look too weak. Fortunately, the girl looked innocent and confident enough that it wasn't much of a stretch, even if Chalice could feel the subtle tension along her spine, unsure what to do with herself. The girl simply reminded herself that she was here on Shango's behalf, and she wasn't alone. It calmed her enough to keep her hands from shaking and her kind smile from wavering.

"Of course we will help! We can't have innocents being injured just because of some bullies get a big head. We'll be sure to fix this issue before we even think about taking your money." Chalice was charming, in a way Vale couldn't be, nearly a graceful seductive way, all confidence and suaveness. 

#119 Thugren

Thugren

Master Of The Sanctuary

• Administrators
  • 14,265 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 01:33 AM

thats great..."

the olderwoman smiles warmly and a bx is placed on the table in front of them.

"Bring me the leader of the boys head in this box.....That will be more than enough to send the message..Is that ok?'

she dips some tea bags into some hot water and chuckles.

"Ill even save some ribs so we can have a nice dinner...Ok?"

cainsig11.jpg

#120 Oce

Oce

Guardsmen

• Interrogator
  • 533 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 05:51 AM

Chalice carefully picks up the box, mindful not to crush it, before Vale could even twitch. The girl would have laughed softly at the doll's antics, but the old lady's request made her stomach churn uncomfortably. It took most of her concentration not to show it, before giving up and simply turning her head aside for a moment. 

"Then it will be done," Chalice murmured as if it were an oath, partially blocking Vale from the woman's view. She could feel the girl's composure slipping. If it weren't for this slip, Chalice would have wondered if she were the human and Vale were the doll... Perhaps she played this poorly. Giving the old woman one last polite smile, she agreed to the ribs later with a grateful tone before turning towards the door that Zero left out of, her hand already shifting to hover over the small of Vale's back uncertainly. 

Change Theme!